Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
“7.16am: She is captured on a neighbour's CCTV wearing a brown singlet and black half-length leggings.”

"Another jogger has come forward to identify themselves as the runner in CCTV released by police in search for missing mum Samantha Murphy."

The Specimen Hill Mine

View attachment 509706 View attachment 509707

View attachment 509708 View attachment 509710

Does the police have any data showing that PS's car travelled specific distances and visited certain locations? It seems plausible that he could have gone much farther than the suspected areas, where it’s believed he might have hidden Samantha's body (allegedly, of course).

Given this possibility, can the police consider searching other locations, such as Hepburn National Park? This area could be worth exploring not only because of the mines that provide easier access but also because the further the body is from the crime scene, the less likely it is to be the focus of immediate police investigations. JMO
Why Hepburn in particular? To get from Ballarat to Hepburn you have to drive past about 3-4 lakes, a dozen dams and a dozen patches of bush/plantation, some of them very very large.
Similar story going nearly any direction out of Ballarat.

Unfortunately she could be in any of those. Its a truly gigantic effort to thoroughly search all the potential options.

That video of supposedly her running past a neighbour's gate was not her
"Another jogger has come forward to identify themselves as the runner in CCTV released by police in search for missing mum Samantha Murphy."
Not that one. Questioning if it’s known for sure if the image of Sam in her driveway standing beside her car holding the dog bag was taken by her camera or the neighbours??

(snipped)
It looked like there was an enclosed area for the dogs between the sheds and the lane. Long enough for them to get up a run, but not wide. If they were enclosed in a (relatively) small area at times, perhaps at night, it would be reasonable to clean it up regularly rather than let the poo accumulate. And if the dogs were able to roam over the whole property most of the time, they might not need to be taken for walks. Not physically, though perhaps good for their brains.
When her dog (Ruby) sadly was hit by a car shortly after her disappearance it was mentioned in thread along with a DM article regarding the dog (link below), her friends and family said SM loved that dog and when home her dog was always with her and snuggled up with her on the couch at night, her FB photos were posted too of her dog on what appears to be SM's bed, her pooch slept inside and the run was where doggos went during the day. Poop bag was discussed a lot earlier in thread, seems like she let's doggos out for a sniff, toilet, and a short wonder before going to the fenced run or back inside.
In reference to another post earlier questioning dog poop bags being used to clean up their business in their yard, a lot of people use dog poop bags to collect their dogs poops in there yard, not me personally but I have known many people who do and this includes people puppy training indoors using them to clean up their mess
Daily Mail

Last edited:
It was done by her home CCTV camera
Therefore there’d be a lot more from where that came from….and we were interestingly given one partially-obscured snapshot complete with dog poo.
It served to show us what she looked like and what she was wearing, and the shoes were either deemed not important to show, or important not to show. Unless of course she was a barefoot runner, but I doubt that given the terrain, the heat, and the critters.

Therefore there’d be a lot more from where that came from….and we were interestingly given one partially-obscured snapshot complete with dog poo.
It served to show us what she looked like and what she was wearing, and the shoes were either deemed not important to show, or important not to show. Unless of course she was a barefoot runner, but I doubt that given the terrain, the heat, and the critters.
I can imagine much of the footage could be less than ideal, depending on camera reach, angle, Samantha's movements, location of cars and other objects etc.

Police are saying that was the last photo of Sam before her run. But I don't think that's true. But the Police will be throwing different information out there to stump or not to jeopardise further investigations.
The police have said they don't know what direction she has run, but believe she ran around 7am
Police have never said what she was carrying, but could be a doggie bag ? But she is coming back from somewhere and not going out for a run by that photo
The times and CCTV will be very important to police. There is not much information being released and what we have been told. There is no time/date on the CCTV still photo etc. That photo could be an old one. So it's all a bit strange
I have read elsewhere that the picture released with the doggy poo bag in her hand was Samantha returning at 7am and she left again shortly after.

I can imagine much of the footage could be less than ideal, depending on camera reach, angle, Samantha's movements, location of cars and other objects etc.
No, the photo they have is less than ideal, you can't see her pants, you can't see her shoes, and there is probably a reason for that, they could have taken the still photo as soon as she walked past that red car. There is a reason why police only want to stay with that photo. I am sure they have very good quality CCTV coverage with their place.

No, the photo they have is less than ideal, you can't see her pants, you can't see her shoes, and there is probably a reason for that....
Hi @Scooby-Doo - slow news day?
It's your opinion (I guess) that the pic is "less than ideal", otherwise - you're a fashion-tragic; imo - there's no great conspiracy - the cops will withhold / release information on an 'as needs' basis.
We the *public* are not on the: To be informed before anyone & at all costs - list.

There is *no doubt* much light will be shed when the case is run.

All MOO.

IMO there's not necessarily a lack of CCTV footage - there may (or may not) be quite a bit.

Vicpol IMO would not be releasing footage unless it's beneficial to the investigation to reveal further details.
I think they'll be doing their best to maintain the integrity of the investigation, and here and there, there may be some red herrings as a strategy to trigger a response from someone.

(As mentioned by several posters in the previous thread, the most recent press conference (regarding discovery of Samantha's phone) may have been purely for strategic purposes.

JMO
I am puzzled by the complete blackout of what must be absolutely damning evidence. Police have been incredibly definitive: he did it and it was not an accident. They must have video or a witness, right?

Would it be common in Australia for the persons or employees of a business that provided that footage to remain completely unknown and silent? I mean nobody would tell their mate who would spill it to someone somewhere?

I am puzzled by the complete blackout of what must be absolutely damning evidence.
why? It’s sub judice.
In australia cases are tried in courts. Evidence will be supplied to the court. Images will be supplied to the court. CCTV footage will be supplied to the court.

Stuff is only released to the public/media when there’s a need to gain the public’s assistance (ie “have you found…” or “did you see…” appeals) or when it’s a public safety announcement. In a well run case, only the absolute bare minimum will leak out.

The conspiracy theory stuff is a bit grating.

Not that one. Questioning if it’s known for sure if the image of Sam in her driveway standing beside her car holding the dog bag was taken by her camera or the neighbours??
I'm sure. You can have a look at Google Maps including streetview and see what you think yourself, distances, angles, obstructions. It's also not a visitor taking snaps because nobody is that tall.

I'm a bit hung up on that photo too, only because of the claims that are made of it: that it's the very last picture of Sam and that it shows her leaving the property. But I'm a literalist. DM isn't written to be understood by people like me.

Hi @Scooby-Doo - slow news day?
It's your opinion (I guess) that the pic is "less than ideal", otherwise - you're a fashion-tragic; imo - there's no great conspiracy - the cops will withhold / release information on an 'as needs' basis.
We the *public* are not on the: To be informed before anyone & at all costs - list.

There is *no doubt* much light will be shed when the case is run.

All MOO.
Observations! That's why you're on here, stating the bleeding obvious

Last edited:
No, the photo they have is less than ideal, you can't see her pants, you can't see her shoes, and there is probably a reason for that, they could have taken the still photo as soon as she walked past that red car. There is a reason why police only want to stay with that photo. I am sure they have very good quality CCTV coverage with their place.
You're sure how? Unless you're an insider on this case, that is only your opinion, and I have mine.

Perhaps most other angles and images have Samantha's face obstructed?

We'll agree to disagree on this one.

“Sorry for releasing evidence that tainted the jury pool, your honour, and resulted in a mistrial, but you see someone on Websleuths really wanted to see it”
In the Toyah Cordingly murder, not a whole lot was released. Then police released a video of cars from a service station. I'm sure they only did that to give websleuthers something to talk about. We zoomed in and got to work analysing every car. Sometimes I think police should release footage just to see what we come up with. Might save them a lot of work.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxxooowow
Back