Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes there’s been a few searches of small areas in disparate places . There must be some significance - maybe for example places a car is known to have pulled over or places public have tipped off.

Hats off to the integrity maintained so far

If they have a still photo of her from CCTV, they must have more. As I have said, that still photo has Sam walking up the driveway and not going down, so she has either gone for a run earlier than 7am, and she is coming home from that run, looks like the police will not release anymore, and that's understandable.
Do you think Scooby-Doo that maybe Samantha takes one of the dogs for an early morning short 10 minute walk before she does her longer fitness/walk/jog?? IMO

Just wondering due to the photo of the doggy dropping bag. IMO

I think you would most likely have one of those bags if you had taken your dog for a walk out in the public area.JMO

Maybe she takes one of the dogs for a walk and that is kind of her warm up before she embarks on her fitness regime - so doesn't go far maybe just down to the main road and back? JMO

Or she only cleans up the dog business around the driveway and near to her house and parked cars because of the mess/smell close to the house?? Does she do this just before she goes for her run??? MOO

I am curious if the other jogger captured on CCTV has ever crossed paths with SM at any point? IMO

I would be interested to know if the other jogger was younger?? JMO

I think you would most likely have one of those bags if you had taken your dog for a walk out in the public area.JMO
Either Sam’s already been out with a dog and is throwing the full bag in the bin upon getting home, or the dog pooped in the house or on the porch and she’s removing it.

Where’s that shot of Sam in the driveway come from?
Is PS a known jogger himself? Did he follow her?

Do you think Scooby-Doo that maybe Samantha takes one of the dogs for an early morning short 10 minute walk before she does her longer fitness/walk/jog?? IMO

Just wondering due to the photo of the doggy dropping bag. IMO

Maybe she takes one of the dogs for a walk and that is kind of her warm up before she embarks on her fitness regime - so doesn't go far maybe just down to the main road and back? JMO

Or she only cleans up the dog business around the driveway and near to her house and parked cars because of the mess/smell close to the house?? Does she do this just before she goes for her run??? MOO

I am curious if the other jogger captured on CCTV has ever crossed paths with SM at any point? IMO

I would be interested to know if the other jogger was younger?? JMO
Police are saying that was the last photo of Sam before her run. But I don't think that's true. But the Police will be throwing different information out there to stump or not to jeopardise further investigations.
The police have said they don't know what direction she has run, but believe she ran around 7am
Police have never said what she was carrying, but could be a doggie bag ? But she is coming back from somewhere and not going out for a run by that photo
The times and CCTV will be very important to police. There is not much information being released and what we have been told. There is no time/date on the CCTV still photo etc. That photo could be an old one. So it's all a bit strange

Police are saying that was the last photo of Sam before her run. But I don't think that's true. But the Police will be throwing different information out there to stump or not to jeopardise further investigations.
The police have said they don't know what direction she has run, but believe she ran around 7am
Police have never said what she was carrying, but could be a doggie bag ? But she is coming back from somewhere and not going out for a run by that photo
The times and CCTV will be very important to police. There is not much information being released and what we have been told. There is no time/date on the CCTV still photo etc. That photo could be an old one. So it's all a bit strange
I believe the photo is what the police are saying IMO

Why would they release another old photo? Particularly so early on when they had no suspects??

Sam could have been heading out the gate saw some dog dropping turned around & picked it up & disposed of it , than headed out & this front on image gives the best description of Sam & the clothing she was wearing.

Either Sam’s already been out with a dog and is throwing the full bag in the bin upon getting home, or the dog pooped in the house or on the porch and she’s removing it.
(snipped)
It looked like there was an enclosed area for the dogs between the sheds and the lane. Long enough for them to get up a run, but not wide. If they were enclosed in a (relatively) small area at times, perhaps at night, it would be reasonable to clean it up regularly rather than let the poo accumulate. And if the dogs were able to roam over the whole property most of the time, they might not need to be taken for walks. Not physically, though perhaps good for their brains.

I believe the photo is what the police are saying IMO

Why would they release another old photo? Particularly so early on when they had no suspects??

Sam could have been heading out the gate saw some dog dropping turned around & picked it up & disposed of it , than headed out & this front on image gives the best description of Sam & the clothing she was wearing.
We don't know If they had suspects earlier on and now, we have an accused murderer
Where is the time and date on the still CCTV photo ?

Where’s that shot of Sam in the driveway come from?
Is PS a known jogger himself? Did he follow her?
It's believed to be a still shot, taken the morning she was murdered, from the CCTV camera on the Murphy property.

Dr Sleuth earlier made the point that it made more sense to release this photo, than the back of her as she left. This shows her face, along with her clothing. I'm sure it was chosen as the best representation of Samantha on that morning.

I don't recall how many acres the Murphy property is, but where I live in Victoria - properties ranging from about 5 to 100's of acres - I don't see many people walking dogs, but they do have them. Personal choice I guess, if the owners believe their dogs get enough exercise on their properties.

Most likely. But why ?? Police are saying that is the last photo of Sam before she went out to jog on Sunday morning at around 7am.
But why was the date and time cropped out ?
I don't know, you'd have to ask the cops, but my guess is not to hide the time & date. Maybe just to get a closer image of Sam?. It was an image given to the media ASAP to make the public aware of Sam & what she was wearing.

Everything is not some conspiracy, or the cops giving us false information.

VERY little info has been released / leaked in this case, which is a good thing.

IMO

Most likely. But why ?? Police are saying that is the last photo of Sam before she went out to jog on Sunday morning at around 7am.
But why was the date and time cropped out ?
Here's some possible reasons:

It has no relevance in finding her.

It could have been taken earlier than the exact minute she left the property, due to it being the best picture possible on the morning. This could cause some web sleuthers and conspiracy theorists (in general, not just members here) to get hung up on the wrong details instead of finding Samantha. (It was released in the early days, before it was believed she was murdered, for people to know who or what they should be looking for.)

Potential privacy issues.

Possibly cropped so the image of Samantha was larger, or the only focus.

I don't know, you'd have to ask the cops, but my guess is not to hide the time & date. Maybe just to get a closer image of Sam?. It was an image given to the media ASAP to make the public aware of Sam & what she was wearing.

Everything is not some conspiracy, or the cops giving us false information.

VERY little info has been released / leaked in this case, which is a good thing.

IMO
Oops, it seems I agree with you. I just typed out basically the same response before I saw yours.

Great minds think alike?
:)

Here's some possible reasons:

It has no relevance in finding her.

It could have been taken earlier than the exact minute she left the property, due to it being the best picture possible on the morning. This could cause some web sleuthers and conspiracy theorists (in general, not just members here) to get hung up on the wrong details instead of finding Samantha. (It was released in the early days, before it was believed she was murdered, for people to know who or what they should be looking for.)

Potential privacy issues.

Possibly cropped so the image of Samantha was larger, or the only focus.
What if the time and date on the camera was set wrong?

They usually are.

Yep, another good reason. The conspiracy theorists would have a field day with that.
I would love to see her bottom half in the photo. I don't know If she is wearing running pants or black pants, and If she has running shoes on. They would have had other still shots of her.
The police could have released the whole CCTV video footage of her walking up the driveway, but they haven't
and this is the only image they want to show.
They have their reasons obviously and a reason why they have cropped out the time and date
Besides police looking for her watch, ear pods etc...
Her running shoes ( thats if she did run at that time 7am ) as running shoes come off fairly quickly when moving a body
and they can stay buoyancy for a while and easier to see if they are bright
But why hasn't the police given the media a photo of Sam's running shoes if anyone locates them ?
A lot more to this

Last edited:
I would love to see her bottom half in the photo. I don't know If she is wearing running pants or black pants, and If she has running shoes on. They would have had other still shots of her.
The police could have released the whole CCTV video footage of her walking up the driveway, but they haven't
They have their reasons obviously and a reason why they have cropped out the time and date
Her running shoes ( thats if she did run at that time 7am ) as running shoes come off fairly quickly when moving a body
But why hasn't the police given the media a photo of Sam's running shoes if anyone locates them ?
A lot more to this

I was really interested in description of running shoes or the photo of them (as shoes are my weakness hehe)

Also,
If they showed the running other jogger
(thought to be Samantha)
I think they would show real Samantha running too.

I don't think why not.

But, of course, Police have their reasons.
They are professionals after all.

JMO

Last edited:
A lot more to this

“7.16am: She is captured on a neighbour's CCTV wearing a brown singlet and black half-length leggings.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back