Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Remember though she was training for a marathon, so she wouldn't be wanting to walk too much into her run, she was an experienced runner, a very slow runner can do that in 46 min, so Sam being a regular runner should have done it around the 20 m mark, even 27 mark. One hour is slow for that run, and not really what Sam had set out to achieve that morning. Unless, as I previously said, It was a set-up by someone else to make out Sam had done that run and that she was not murdered elsewhere, to keep police searching the bush.
In the early days the family said she was just getting back into running after her New Year covid

I don't think the age difference matters one little bit. Plenty of younger guys have attacked older women.
Even a 10 year old boy has been charged with sexual assault, common assault, and assault occasioning bodily harm whilst in company, against a 24 year old woman just a month ago, in broad daylight, at 10am. Link

And Sam's fitness level certainly did not help her to be alive today.

imo
Yep, agreed. Nothing in that moment helped her to be alive today.

Wonder if PS had any injuries, even visible bruises or scratches that drew attention.
He appears typically clean shaven in most photos but had a “scruffy beard” when he appeared in court.

“When asked by Magistrate Michelle Mykytowycz if he could hear her, Stephenson, who had a scruffy beard, said: 'Yes, your honour'.

I’m getting your valid point that there’s (as far as we know and we don’t know much) no images or evidence of her leaving her driveway, or even being at Mt Clear that morning.
The police know where Sam went and it makes no sense for them to withhold info about her known whereabouts especially when they are relying on public help including a lot of cctv footage.
MOO

I don't think the age difference matters one little bit. Plenty of younger guys have attacked older women.
Even a 10 year old boy has been charged with sexual assault, common assault, and assault occasioning bodily harm whilst in company, against a 24 year old woman just a month ago, in broad daylight, at 10am. Link

And Sam's fitness level certainly did not help her to be alive today.

imo
It's not the case of the age being attacked, but it's the whole scenario. She hasn't been found and there seems to be more to this

Remember though she was training for a marathon, so she wouldn't be wanting to walk too much into her run, she was an experienced runner, a very slow runner can do that in 46 min, so Sam being a regular runner should have done it around the 20 m mark, even 27 mark. One hour is slow for that run, and not really what Sam had set out to achieve that morning. Unless, as I previously said, It was a set-up by someone else to make out Sam had done that run and that she was not murdered elsewhere, to keep police searching the bush.
You can jog/run a marathon at any speed, it's not a sprint, you can jog at a brisk walking pace - a speed of 6-7km per hour for example, and still qualify as jogging/running a marathon or half marathon. Based on all the info in this thread and everyone's examples of 7km turn around time variance and return (14km total), the fact that Mount Clear indicates elevation in its name as well as the sleuths that have posted terrain maps of the area she was running, we know the whole track has changing terrain and elevation, it's totally plausible it took her close to an hour especially if she was jogging at a slow pace to train for her marathon which a lot of people do do, I don't think she was hoping to be first place.
Although there is room for speculation and I think it may be wise to refrain from trying to assume Sam's definite running/jogging speed outside what LE have advised, or what she set out to achieve that day, we simply don't know that information and we have to remember the old saying "when you assume, you can also assume your wrong", LE have advised the time frame we have which makes complete logical sense if she was jogging a slow speed.
Another thing to consider is she had been out to dinner the night before, we all know how alcohol affects the body as we age, if she had a few drinks and or didn't get an early night she might of been sluggish that day, she also could have been taking it easy due to a recovering injury we are unaware of or just the break from running/jogging she may have had after her bout of Cov.
Appreciate the theory nonetheless that someone else walked her route to make it seems as if it was her, we won't know for sure until and if LE make this information known to the public, but for the time being LE have advised that something happened once she made it to Mount Clear her supposed turn around point, they have enough evidence to arrest PS for Murder, and that her life ended at that turn around point by his hands, they don't do this lightly without solid proof and evidence.

You can jog/run a marathon at any speed, it's not a sprint, you can jog at a brisk walking pace - a speed of 6-7km per hour for example, and still qualify as jogging/running a marathon or half marathon. Based on all the info in this thread and everyone's examples of 7km turn around time variance and return (14km total), the fact that Mount Clear indicates elevation in its name as well as the sleuths that have posted terrain maps of the area she was running, we know the whole track has changing terrain and elevation, it's totally plausible it took her close to an hour especially if she was jogging at a slow pace to train for her marathon which a lot of people do do, I don't think she was hoping to be first place.
Although there is room for speculation and I think it may be wise to refrain from trying to assume Sam's definite running/jogging speed outside what LE have advised, or what she set out to achieve that day, we simply don't know that information and we have to remember the old saying "when you assume, you can also assume your wrong", LE have advised the time frame we have which makes complete logical sense if she was jogging a slow speed.
Another thing to consider is she had been out to dinner the night before, we all know how alcohol affects the body as we age, if she had a few drinks and or didn't get an early night she might of been sluggish that day, she also could have been taking it easy due to a recovering injury we are unaware of or just the break from running/jogging she may have had after her bout of Cov.
Appreciate the theory nonetheless that someone else walked her route to make it seems as if it was her, we won't know for sure until and if LE make this information known to the public, but for the time being LE have advised that something happened once she made it to Mount Clear her supposed turn around point, they have enough evidence to arrest PS for Murder, and that her life ended at that turn around point by his hands, they don't do this lightly without solid proof and evidence.
It's just another scenario, due to no CCTV been shown to the media.
There are a lot of reasons (If she did run into the bush) why it took her so long, one hour to get into the Mt Clear region, doing 7km.
As that is a moderate walking time
And the police won't be telling us the truth either, If they suspect others, who would be watching every media coverage

There are a lot of reasons (If she did run into the bush) why it took her so long, one hour to get into the Mt Clear region, doing 7km.
And the police won't be telling us the truth either, If they suspect others, who would be watching every media coverage

Countless people who run, jog, and fast walk, on this thread have explained that it is perfectly normal for Sam to have taken "about an hour" to arrive at the Mt Clear location. I haven't seen any of them say otherwise.

I defer to their better knowledge.

imo

Countless people who run, jog, and fast walk, on this thread have explained that it is perfectly normal for Sam to have taken "about an hour" to arrive at the Mt Clear location. I haven't seen any of them say otherwise.

I defer to their better knowledge.

imo
That's your opinion. I am a runner myself, who has trained for numerous marathons and can also provide knowledge

I hate to beat this to death but it really isn’t an unusually slow run. I’m a runner and it’s what I’d run that distance in. I’m not 25 and trying to break records. I’m not a sprinter. I’m a plod along distance runner. It’s a perfectly normal time for a recreational runner out for a non-race run who is building distance. It’s a 12 minute mile pace, which is what lots of runners run. So I think we need to move past the assumption that something was off because of the distance and time. It really sounds perfectly normal for a woman in her 50s training for a local race, especially if we account for a walking warm up and stretching (personally I walk the first 5 minutes and then stretch before a run).

Just to add ... Sam's friend VO said she was training for the Run the Gap marathon. A marathon where a person can run or walk. It's main aim is to raise money for charity. This year it pledged $20,000 for bushfire recovery, plus $1 from each registration to go to the Grampians Walking Track Support Group.

I hate to beat this to death but it really isn’t an unusually slow run. I’m a runner and it’s what I’d run that distance in. I’m not 25 and trying to break records. I’m not a sprinter. I’m a plod along distance runner. It’s a perfectly normal time for a recreational runner out for a non-race run who is building distance. It’s a 12 minute mile pace, which is what lots of runners run. So I think we need to move past the assumption that something was off because of the distance and time. It really sounds perfectly normal for a woman in her 50s training for a local race, especially if we account for a walking warm up and stretching (personally I walk the first 5 minutes and then stretch before a run).
Any way, I will stick to my opinion as a serious runner for 20 years with the experience, knowledge, talking about someone Sam, who is training for a marathon from my previous posts. So will leave it at that!

Just to add ... Sam's friend VO said she was training for the Run the Gap marathon. A marathon where a person can run or walk. It's main aim is to raise money for charity. This year it pledged $20,000 for bushfire recovery, plus $1 from each registration to go to the Grampians Walking Track Support Group.

She was training for the Ballarat Marathon

Lol.

She was training for the inaugural Ballarat Marathon

Hundreds of runners in the inaugural Ballarat Marathon paid tribute to missing Victorian mother Samantha Murphy by wearing yellow in the race on Saturday. Mrs Murphy went missing on February 4 while she was out training for the marathon

And was training for an upcoming race by undertaking 15km runs.

Last edited:
She was training for the Ballarat Marathon

Hundreds of runners in the inaugural Ballarat Marathon paid tribute to missing Victorian mother Samantha Murphy by wearing yellow in the race on Saturday. Mrs Murphy went missing on February 4 while she was out training for the marathon

And was training for an upcoming race by undertaking 15km runs.

I have provided the link where Sam's friend VO said she was preparing for the Run the Gap marathon in Halls Gap.

Whether or not she was also planning to run in the Ballarat Marathon is not mentioned by VO.

IMHO

They must be going off of data on PS’s phone or from his ute to be searching like this.
Maybe both- maybe he is just that stupid.

They stated very early on the general area where her phone last pinged.
It must have given a signal for quite a while after it hit the water.

If PS did have his phone with him and he drove his own ute with SM’s body in it they may have been able to overlay various signals (2 or 3) to find the phone.

I recently dropped my iPhone in the deep end of my pool (knocked in when trying to save a moth) I fished it out from 20’ deep several minutes later. I was surprised it worked fine after that. They are making these phones a lot more water resistant than they used to be. At that depth my phone would have pinged for at least 30 minutes (since it had battery life) maybe longer
did the moth get saved?:)

It is so strange that they do searches for 1 or 2 days in one area
and then completely change the place and again search for 1 or 2 days.
Those searches finish abruptly, even when there is still daylight.

There are long periods between the searches.

They just seem to "jump" from one place to another in seemingly superficial searches - like in Enfield Park,
they apparently searched only a small area and finished early
(without success it seems).

All the searches look to be "targeted".

Well, that has been my impression so far.
But, of course, I might see it wrongly.

JMO
i hate suggesting this but could her body have been cut up and scattered in different locations?

i hate suggesting this but could her body have been cut up and scattered in different locations?

So far all we know is that the police will allege that Sam was deliberately attacked.

PS lived between a house that he and his girlfriend were house-sitting, and his parents house. I am not sure where he would go to do anything further to Sam than dump her in a not-yet-found location.

But the police are not divulging any further information. Just that data and the community have helped them greatly.

This lack of cctv is very strange :oops:

How come another runner initially thought to be Samantha was captured on somebody's camera,
and not Samantha?

I guess the runner went the other way than Samantha.

And the route Samantha took when she left her home was not covered by anybody's cameras.
Because there were no cctv cameras?

I have no idea what properties she ran next to when she left home and if these properties have cameras overlooking a public road.

JMO

Last edited:
This lack of cctv is very strange :oops:

How come another runner initially thought to be Samantha was captured on somebody's camera,
and not Samantha?

I guess the runner went the other way than Samantha.

And the route Samantha took near her home was not covered by anybody's cameras.
Because there were no cctv cameras.

JMO
There is a still CCTV photo of Sam which has been released. There must be further footage.
The still CCTV photo, looks to have Sam walking up the driveway and not going down to do her jog

The police don't seem to have an actual position where there has been some evidence left behind to indicate that this certain spot is where Samantha was taken as, for example, they found something belonging to her
unless there is video evidence of assault on a phone which easily pinpoints the location? unusual tree in the background or signpost fence etc ? so they know the initial assault location ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back