Found Deceased Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I flew from Manchester to Tenerife South last Thursday and there were a lot of groups of youngsters on the flight. I wasn’t aware there was a rave but this explains it.

The weather here today is already pretty hot with no breeze and less cloud than yesterday. It’s not going to be easy for the search parties in this heat.

You may well have been on their flight as I read they were due to fly home today - 1 week later.

<modsnip>

Lucy stated on the interview that she asked JS to send her his location and he proceeded to send her a ‘screenshot’ of it. So would that suggest it wasn’t his location at that time but one he had screenshotted. I am honestly confused here.

I think it is also frustrating because they are only 19 and I know how hard it is to get info out of teenagers. I have a 14 year old and half the time it is pointless info before she actually gets to the point she is trying to make and/or worryingly they easily forget crucial info.

Last edited by a moderator:

An Irish journalist based in Tenerife has told Sky News today is seen as a 'key day' in the search for missing British teenager Jay Slater.
Former RTE editor Cliodna O'Flynn spoke to Kay Burley earlier today and said the next few hours could prove vital in the hunt for the 19-year-old from Lancashire.

<modsnip>

Lucy stated on the interview that she asked JS to send her his location and he proceeded to send her a ‘screenshot’ of it. So would that suggest it wasn’t his location at that time but one he had screenshotted. I am honestly confused here.

I think it is also frustrating because they are only 19 and I know how hard it is to get info out of teenagers. I have a 14 year old and half the time it is pointless info before she actually gets to the point she is trying to make and/or worryingly they easily forget crucial info.
Maybe sending a screenshot was the easiest/fastest thing to do, if it was of Google Maps? Open, swipe, send. It shows the user's location as a blue dot on a map, job done?

Cactus injuries can cause bacterial infection and difficulty walking.

There are a lot of prickly plants that grow wild on Tenerife (some native, some not). That does include cacti but also aloe Vera and others so I'm giving a bit of latitude as to what plant it was that may have caused a cut on his leg that he might have identified as a cactus. Certainly though, they're everywhere.

I have zero knowledge of the screenshot pin- but it’s from Snapchat I think, rather than a find my phone or Google dropped pin. No idea if they are accurate out in the wilds. Has anyone managed to identify a route he took from the apartment to the dropped pin- I am struggling to make sense of his route and there are many differing locations being thrown around as being important. I heard the bus stop was right outside the apartment, but again I’m not sure of that exact location as the police are naming the village, but I believe it was an apartment away from the village.

They were apparently strangers they met at the rave and Jay went home with them. Lucy had gone back to their own apartment earlier.

Lucy went to the apartment to talk to the two English lads the following morning. How did she know which apartment Jay had gone back to and exactly where it was? I don’t understand that.

A friend of Jay Slater has said that the British teenager had injured his leg on a cactus and was dehydrated and lost before going missing in Tenerife.

Recalling their final phone call, Lucy Law described his disappearance as “suspicious and weird” after he set out to walk 11 hours back to their accommodation, rather than wait for a bus.

The 19-year-old was last heard from at 8.15am on Monday after he had gone to stay with people he had met at the NRG music festival earlier that day.

Speaking to The Sun, she said her friend “wasn’t stupid” and added: “There’s something weird going on. It is suspicious. In two days you’re telling me someone’s not seen him.

“There’s a restaurant 10 minutes away that he would have seen or walked past. It’s suspicious and it’s weird.”

Elkington told GB News’s Bev Turner and Andrew Pierce that Slater heading out with a lack of phone battery and water was “strange”, given he is said to have stayed with people overnight who he had met at the local NRG Festival.

“What is surprising is, he would have gone to this place in the early hours of Monday morning and then left shortly afterwards without any phone signal, without any water and without any offer of being taken back or taken to the local town or bus stop”, he said

They were apparently strangers they met at the rave and Jay went home with them. Lucy had gone back to their own apartment earlier.

Lucy went to the apartment to talk to the two English lads the following morning. How did she know which apartment Jay had gone back to and exactly where it was? I don’t understand that.

Me either..

Maybe from asking around, people knowing people, I can see that those involved in any type of "scene" would be familiar with the other members

JMO

Me either..
From Lucy’s first fb post - on a Tenerife group, not the Jay Slater one - where she asked for help in locating the pin he’d sent her, a lady replied and offered to drive her to the spot, and subsequently did.

From other posts from Lucy/this lady, they recognised the house/apartment (it’s been described as both) from a flower arrangement and other features. Which sounds amazing, but if it’s one of only a few dwellings, maybe not so unlikely. The other lady I think corroborated this - her name is something like Lena Patel.

From Lucy’s first fb post - on a Tenerife group, not the Jay Slater one - where she asked for help in locating the pin he’d sent her, a lady replied and offered to drive her to the spot, and subsequently did.

From other posts from Lucy/this lady, they recognised the house/apartment (it’s been described as both) from a flower arrangement and other features. Which sounds amazing, but if it’s one of only a few dwellings, maybe not so unlikely. The other lady I think corroborated this - her name is something like Lena Patel.

Fair enough and fair play if the case. Lucy has done all she can and continues to.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

Around 15 of Jay's family and friends have flown out to Tenerife to help with the search, including his mother Debbie Duncan, father Warren Slater and brother Zak.
Since he went missing, Ms Duncan has been receiving sickening phone calls from Brits with 'northern accents' claiming to have kidnapped her son.
Yesterday, she revealed another horrifying message sent to her just moments after touching down in Tenerife. It read: 'Kiss goodbye to your boy, you're never going to see him again, he owes me a lot of money.'

I remember being his age in similar situations and his actions (leaving quietly, I assume) make perfect sense to me. If he was 'on something' the night before then it seriously lowers your inhibitions and suddenly everyone is your best friend. Once it wears off, you're acutely aware that it's actually quite awkward that you're in a random person's house. You'd rather leave quietly while they sleep it off than wait an indeterminate amount of time for them to wake up.

It would also explain not charging his phone. if you're off your face it doesn't strike you as important, or you don't even notice. In the morning you wake up on a sofa and don't even know where they keep anything. Leaving just seems like less of a fuss.
Completely agree with this. Honestly lost count of the amount of times I woke up in a random person’s house or flat when I was in my late teens/early twenties after a night out. Have too much to drink, get separated from friends either through choice or just losing them while out in pubs/clubs and end up chatting to some random people my age and back to their place for an after party or something because I didn’t want the night to end. More than once I woke up in cities/towns an hour or so away after jumping in a taxi with some random people.

As for whatever he’s wearing in the Snapchat he took while having a cigarette early on Monday morning before he went missing, again I woke up countless times wearing a hoodie/jumper/blanket/duvet/dressing gown I found in the place I was staying just to wear if I got a bit cold in the night or something.
Same with the low phone battery, drunk me would never think about needing to charge it when I got to wherever I headed to at 3am in the morning, it was just something I worried about when I woke up and left (which I always left early to get home as soon as possible, nothing worse than being hungover in a place you don’t really know).

Obviously these nights were in and around my home city and not thousands of miles away in a foreign country, and I never went missing the morning after so it is very different. But I don’t think there’s anything ‘off’ about the events of his night out/morning after at all, apart from the fact he hasn’t been heard of since the phone call to his friend. He’s gone for a night out, wanted to keep partying so gone back to the place where the two guys he met while out there lived, hasn’t charged his phone but wants to get back to where he was staying asap to recover from the night before. Probably still intoxicated so in his head walking back seems like a great idea seeing as he missed his bus. To be fair he probably didn’t even expect to walk the 11 hours back, I imagine he thought he’d stumble across a little village or something, grab a drink and ask to borrow a charger to get hold of his friends and then either arrange with them a way to get back to his hotel or phone a taxi or something.

I reckon he’s gone onto Google Maps as he missed the bus, Maps has given him a direction to walk which takes him to the hiking trail. He’s following that but lost his bearings so phoned his friend while on 1% battery to update her with what’s going on (him saying “I can’t go back, I don’t know where I am” is literally exactly that, there’s no hidden meaning behind it or anything, he’s genuinely got lost). His phone’s died so can no longer rely on Google Maps to direct him so he’s probably just tried to wing it hoping he’ll come across a house, car, person etc and has got lost in doing so. Unfortunately unless he’s found a source of water I think he’s succumbed to the elements. My betting is he got disorientated and dehydrated, sat down in some shade or shelter in the vast amount of land out there and has passed away. I’m praying that’s not the case though, would love him to come back with a story about how he managed to survive on Aloe Vera plants or something.

Last edited:
Completely agree with this. Honestly lost count of the amount of times I woke up in a random person’s house or flat when I was in my late teens/early twenties after a night out. Have too much to drink, get separated from friends either through choice or just losing them while out in pubs/clubs and end up chatting to some random people my age and back to their place for an after party or something because I didn’t want the night to end. More than once I woke up in cities/towns an hour or so away after jumping in a taxi with some random people.

As for whatever he’s wearing in the Snapchat he took while having a cigarette early on Monday morning before he went missing, again I woke up countless times wearing a hoodie/jumper/blanket/duvet/dressing gown I found in the place I was staying just to wear if I got a bit cold in the night or something.
Same with the low phone battery, drunk me would never think about needing to charge it when I got to wherever I headed to at 3am in the morning, it was just something I worried about when I woke up and left (which I always left early to get home as soon as possible, nothing worse than being hungover in a place you don’t really know).

Obviously these nights were in and around my home city and not thousands of miles away in a foreign country, and I never went missing the morning after so it is very different. But I don’t think there’s anything ‘off’ about the events of his night out/morning after at all, apart from the fact he hasn’t been heard of since the phone call to his friend. He’s gone for a night out, wanted to keep partying so gone back to the place where the two guys he met while out there lived, hasn’t charged his phone but wants to get back to where he was staying asap to recover from the night before. Probably still intoxicated so in his head walking back seems like a great idea seeing as he missed his bus. To be fair he probably didn’t even expect to walk the 11 hours back, I imagine he thought he’d stumble across a little village or something, grab a drink and ask to borrow a charger to get hold of his friends and then either arrange with them a way to get back to his hotel or phone a taxi or something.

I reckon he’s gone onto Google Maps as he missed the bus, Maps has given him a direction to walk which takes him to the hiking trail. He’s following that but lost his bearings so phoned his friend while on 1% battery to update her with what’s going on (him saying “I can’t go back, I don’t know where I am” is literally exactly that, there’s no hidden meaning behind it or anything, he’s generally got lost). His phone’s died so can no longer rely on Google Maps to direct him so he’s probably just tried to wing it hoping he’ll come across a house, car, person etc and has got lost in doing so. Unfortunately unless he’s found a source of water I think he’s succumbed to the elements. My betting is he got disorientated and dehydrated, sat down in some shade or shelter in the vast amount of land out there and has passed away. I’m praying that’s not the case though, would love him to come back with a story about how he managed to survive on Aloe Vera plants or something.

Tbh everything you say is right. I can relate 100% BUT he is in a foreign country. It’s the only huge red flag I have but it is all pretty feasible.

<modsnip - discussion of fundraising is only allowed if info is disclosed by the administrator that is previously unknown>

Around 15 of Jay's family and friends have flown out to Tenerife to help with the search, including his mother Debbie Duncan, father Warren Slater and brother Zak.
Since he went missing, Ms Duncan has been receiving sickening phone calls from Brits with 'northern accents' claiming to have kidnapped her son.
Yesterday, she revealed another horrifying message sent to her just moments after touching down in Tenerife. It read: 'Kiss goodbye to your boy, you're never going to see him again, he owes me a lot of money.'
In these cases there’s always lunatics around - they often report false sightings etc for attention.

For them to take it a step further and give threats suggests to me that Jay does have people around who don’t like him <modsnip>

It’s all very strange.

The last person to speak to Jay Slater claims 'something sinister is going on' as fears he has been kidnapped grow with each passing day the teenager is not found.

The apprentice bricklayer, 19, from Oswaldtwistle, Lancashire, was last heard from on Monday morning as he tried to walk home along a mountainous path in north-west Tenerife.

He rang his friend Lucy Law to say he was lost, dehydrated and only had one per cent battery on his phone, but the call cut out suddenly and he has not been seen or heard from since.

His mother, Debbie Duncan, who has flown out to Tenerife to join the huge search mission, believes he has been 'taken against his will'.

And today, Lucy repeated those fears, exclusively telling MailOnline that 'the whole thing is just so weird' and out of character for the teenager.

Ms Law slammed Spanish police for not taking the hunt seriously, adding 'I think they could be doing more'.

She told MailOnline: 'I know they have had a helicopter and drones up but to be honest I think they could be doing more.

'The other day I was on Veronica's Strip in Los Cristianos and I picked up some information and I went to the Guardia Civilia and they said "who is Jay Slater?"

'Can you believe that? It doesn't really give you much confidence does it. I've been out looking and so have his friends and family

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper