MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, look at the looks of absolute disgust on the faces of JO's family at Yannetti . This is hard for them I understand but they are right in front of the jury and that's highly prejudicial in my opinion.

OK, so it seems like JO was stringing along KR, using her to babysit and whatnot, while out partying, and she couldn't because of her health issues, and supposedly banged someone else (whether he did or didn't, KR believed he did and it's not a unreasonable assumption) and KR was in a rage over that, calling and cursing him out on voicemail? And KR was flirting with Higgins, presumably to make JO jealous?
I'll buy that, seems pretty believable. But all I'm seeing is a woman who did some crappy stuff to try and keep an apparently crappy BF and a BF who's apparently taking advantage of his sick GF to use as a sitter and provide a home life while he's unwilling or unable to dial back his partying and goes to a after party with friends instead of going home with his GF, who he uses as a sitter.
People being people. I've unfortunately seen worse.
But I still haven't seen the state make a strong case that proves murder.
People kill for less sometimes, but usually in those instances there is other evidence to support it. I don't see anything alarming/to the point of her harming him, in their interactions. It's toxic sure, nasty from both sides, but without anything else I don't think much of it and it doesn't make me judge her negatively at all, JMO.

OMG a decision for the defense!!
@TedDanielnews

Back: ADA Mclaughlin tells judge (without jury present) that prosecution wants to enter a google search they say KR made at 1:27 in the afternoon on 1/29 for "DUI attorneys"

Yannetti says that search was made 8 minutes before Trooper Proctor called KR and that would have been appropriate.

Had a hard time hearing decision but I believe Judge said she's not going to allow google search in

11:31 AM · Jun 20, 2024
RBBM Judge found the probative value was outweighed by the prejudicial so not allowed in imo. KR was exercising her right to an attorney and her right to protect herself. Nice try Lally. Moo

@JHall7news

Defense attorney David Yannetti is now cross examining Nicholas Guarino. He is bringing up chain of custody of the phone...mentioning Trooper Proctor several times who gave him the phone to extract data.

The defense will be interested in Apple health data showing O'Keefe ascending or descending stairs. They have indicated he died in a fight in the basement. Guarino has testified JO was in Read's car at that time, and the phone was "fooled" with the movements of the vehicle.

I know I said I'm new to this case.....
But.....

1. I can see at 12:36 am KR connects to wifi back at 1 Meadows.

2. It is a 5 to 6 minute drive after leaving 34 Fairview...

3. Lally said KR hit and killed JO at 12:45am in the opening statement.

Um isnt that checkmate....
The gig is up for Lally....

And notice she called for a DUI attorney not a hit and run/homicide/murder one!!!

Here comes the cross. I have a feeling this is going to be good!
JMO but I don't think someone seeking legal advice of any sort should ever be used as evidence them in court. Ever! Whether they've been read miranda rights or it's related to the charge(s) they face.

I know I said I'm new to this case.....
But.....

1. I can see at 12:36 am KR connects to wifi back at 1 Meadows.

2. It is a 5 to 6 minute drive after leaving 34 Fairview...

3. Lally said KR hit and killed JO at 12:45am in the opening statement.

Um isnt that checkmate....
The gig is up for Lally....

Glad to see you here, Warwick, and welcome!

@BienickWCVB

Yannetti points out that after police seized phone they did not take steps to stop it from continuing to collect geo-location data.

Yannetti says no one could have seen Read outside 34 Fairview Rd at 12:45am, including Jen McCabe. Guarino agrees, says Read connected to O'Keefe's home wifi at 12:36am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member