Found Deceased Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Before you replied I just edited to add that I do hope he's found. But the crime he committed shouldn't be brushed off as something minor.
Nobody thinks the crime is minor, but it happened three years ago and it's broadly irrelevant to the process of finding him, dead or alive, in 2024. If it ever becomes relevant to this investigation then that would be the time to discuss it, IMO.

So which is it- did he tell Lucy he was walking home as per his mums quote or would he never have considered walking home and would have flagged a car down as per Lucy’s quote. If Jay outright told Lucy he was walking home, then why when interviewed later would she believe he would never do that and would just head to the road and hitchhike, or did he not disclose how he planned to get home. Or did he even say with sarcasm when asked how he was going to get home “yeah mate I’m going to walk the 11 hours back”- would he even have suggested that was how he was going to continue his journey when he had rang to say he had cut his leg, had no water and was lost in the middle of nowhere with 1% battery- ‘but I will just keep ploughing on’ doesn’t seem like a normal part of the rest of the conversation. The two differing interviews are quoted in the article below

"If anyone as not got anything positive to say don’t even bother now just go away honestly. Thanks to you all supporting and helping we can’t thank you any more , much love. Please stop messaging me and the family of Jay unless it’s vital."

<modsnip - fundraising discussion isn't allowed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody thinks the crime is minor, but it happened three years ago and it's broadly irrelevant to the process of finding him, dead or alive, in 2024. If it ever becomes relevant to this investigation then that would be the time to discuss it, IMO.
Something else doesn’t add up. If this crime happened 3 years in 2021 he would have been 16 and not be named. Confused

Did she know his location? Did she have cab money? Did she know she would be safe going where he was, if she even knew where she was? Could she render the proper aid if he was hurt or otherwise in need of help?

Calling the police is the best idea, not sure why that would be questioned.

jmo
Maybe he said don't call the police?

Something else doesn’t add up. If this crime happened 3 years in 2021 he would have been 16 and not be named. Confused
I think in England only children in the Youth Court have automatic anonymity, although the court can decide to waive it. Other criminal courts can grant anonymity but there is no right in English Law to it. From the articles I read it sounded like these boys were in a normal court and sat and laughed through the proceedings and angered the judge by not seeming sorry for what they did. He’s the one with ability to grant anonymity and I guess while he didn’t give them prison time (just community service) he decided not to make them anonymous.

Yep my thoughts too, the timings of leaving the club to leaving the airbnb - he cant of been there long at all. Either the departure timings are wrong or he was only there for 30 mins or so. We drove that similar route and from the party location its easy 30 mins in the car - 40 mins depending on traffic.

Why would he go there and leave so soon, it makes no sense.

You are right also, he will most certainly be suffering coming down from his drugs / drink which will make the situation alot worse.
All MOO. Maybe it wasn't what he thought it was going to be- not as lively as he expected or more lively than he expected. He may not have had any concept of what time it really was and just wanted to get back to his room and get some sleep.

Maybe he tried to take shade under a cluster of trees or bushes. It would be nearly impossible to notice someone in those dense areas.

I don't see a happy ending to Jay's disappearance. I'm hoping they find his body so that he can be returned home to his loved ones.

So which is it- did he tell Lucy he was walking home as per his mums quote or would he never have considered walking home and would have flagged a car down as per Lucy’s quote. If Jay outright told Lucy he was walking home, then why when interviewed later would she believe he would never do that and would just head to the road and hitchhike, or did he not disclose how he planned to get home. Or did he even say with sarcasm when asked how he was going to get home “yeah mate I’m going to walk the 11 hours back”- would he even have suggested that was how he was going to continue his journey when he had rang to say he had cut his leg, had no water and was lost in the middle of nowhere with 1% battery- ‘but I will just keep ploughing on’ doesn’t seem like a normal part of the rest of the conversation. The two differing interviews are quoted in the article below
If he was high/drunk (he was seen at the club until 5am) he likely was saying all kinds of stuff and not making sense. The witness statement that has been reported is he asked about the bus, she told him times, left in car, coming back she saw him walking the wrong way toward the mountainous trails. Her statement is the most reliable thing we have.

If he was high/drunk (he was seen at the club until 5am) he likely was saying all kinds of stuff and not making sense. The witness statement that has been reported is he asked about the bus, she told him times, left in car, coming back she saw him walking the wrong way toward the mountainous trails. Her statement is the most reliable thing we have.
He seemed off his head in those club photos. No way was he making rational judgements. This will be misadventure sadly IMO.

And this backs up what L said, so we have two independent reports that match up to say he was walking in the mountains around the village and no one has heard or seen anything of him since.

And this backs up what L said, so we have two independent reports that match up to say he was walking in the mountains around the village and no one has heard or seen anything of him since.
Yeah I think all evidence points to misadventure. Most likely in my opinion a sad case of someone getting lost and having an accident or succumbing to the elements. Hopefully his family will get closure but with that kind of terrain it sadly often doesn’t happen.

Can we have a link for this please- the only quotes I have seen, he was on a road walking and even they are rumours in so much as the person quoted spoke to another person who saw him and hadn’t seen them personally.

Yeah I think all evidence points to misadventure. Most likely in my opinion a sad case of someone getting lost and having an accident or succumbing to the elements. Hopefully his family will get closure but with that kind of terrain it sadly often doesn’t happen.
Agree, it will be a search for a body now, no chance he could survive without food/water this long in extreme heat in day and extreme cold at night, my hope is he had a fall and perished instantly rather than suffer with the elements/poisonous snakes etc

"Search area

‘difficult for Spanish search teams to navigate’.

The area in which Jay Slater is believed to have gone missing is part of a
'remote and wild national park',
explained BBC’s Nick Garnett as he visited the area to report on the search.

Faced with cold nights and high winds,
the mountainous area could prove to be tricky for emergency personnel searching the area for the missing Lancashire teenager.

'Deep ravines and huge daunting mountains
make the national park a difficult place for the Spanish search teams to navigate,
but one mountain rescue worker told me this is not the first time they’ve been called out to the area',
he said.

'At night,
the countryside becomes a maze, pitch black and disorientating'.

Search and rescue teams have been concentrating on one particular valley near the top of a mountain pass,
according to reports,
with a helicopter also surveying the area.

New statement in missing Jay Slater search as friends in Tenerife

'drained beyond words'

The loved ones of a British teenager who is missing in Tenerife said they are
'drained beyond words'
as a desperate search for him continues."

Last edited:
Agree, it will be a search for a body now, no chance he could survive without food/water this long in extreme heat in day and extreme cold at night, my hope is he had a fall and perished instantly rather than suffer with the elements/poisonous snakes etc
It’s cold at night, but not as hot as people keep saying during the day. Yesterday it was 17 and drizzle where they were searching. If you look at the weather report from the last week searching for the mountain villages and not the south of Tenerife, it has been warmer here the last couple of days. IMO I agree it is probably misadventure, I’m not convinced they are searching in the right area and wish they would broaden the search along the roads and the sides of the roads. That being said, there will be morning moisture and he may have managed to survive out in the wilderness, it’s a slim chance, but it’s not impossible although as the days go on it’s more improbable sadly.

FaceTime and calling- it’s possible it was a FaceTime and they have just called it a call. I refer to video calls as calls as well, it could have been FaceTime but with audio only- we don’t know. They were sharing an apartment so it’s quite possible they both heard the call, or Brad spoke to him first and passed the call to Lucy. For reporting reasons they may just be omitting this to avoid confusion, especially as Brad wants to stay out of the spotlight.

FaceTime and calling- it’s possible it was a FaceTime and they have just called it a call. I refer to video calls as calls as well, it could have been FaceTime but with audio only- we don’t know. They were sharing an apartment so it’s quite possible they both heard the call, or Brad spoke to him first and passed the call to Lucy. For reporting reasons they may just be omitting this to avoid confusion, especially as Brad wants to stay out of the spotlight.
True, but then I would expect that they would have led with 'video call' and described what they could see themselves to assist with the search? Or have taken screenshots, if it was when he was outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1