TX- Jocelyn Nungaray,12 strangled, left under bridge. Houston June 17, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
One of the suspects tried to jump off a balcony and escape before officers caught him, a neighbor told CBS affiliate KHOU-TV.

The medical examiner has determined that her cause of death was strangulation. :mad:
View attachment 512058
It was unclear if the two suspects had attorneys yet to speak on their behalf. Their names were not listed in jail or court records as of Thursday afternoon.
From the above link:

Residents told the station that Ramos and Martinez often sat on their balcony and yelled at women who passed by.

I'm glad LE was able to apprehend these monsters so swiftly. IMO this case will garner significant MSM attention due to the obvious (She was only a child, the accused were foreign, the fact one had been in DHS custody prior to this heinous crime) and we can expect a lot of politicization over this one. I just hope Jocelyn's family and friends are surrounded by immense love and support during this unimaginable loss. She was so young and had so much life ahead of her. I keep thinking about her boyfriend, who must feel so bad over having been on the phone with her right before this happened, and hearing those men following her. He probably feels horrible, even when nothing is his fault. This seem like a crime of opportunity IMHO. A young girl all alone in the middle of the night, just wandering & getting a soda. Sneaking out to the nearest convenience store is like a rite of passage for tweens, it certainly was for me. This is a textbook example of when the DP will be instated. There being two perps makes it all the more terrifying. Curious if they will be tried together or separately. Who decided she had to die? Was it a joint decision or did one of them take charge? Just why. Rest in eternal peace sweet young Jocelyn, may her memory be a forever blessing to all who knew her.

Did someone lure her out?
Did the family know that person?
Houston PD is keeping many things close to their vest, but they are hoping to get some tips from the public.

Rest in peace, young one. :'(
Luring her out is the first thing that came to mind. And I don't think it was to run around with a friend the same age at that time of night. I'd like to hear about her social media. Was she talking to someone older? Or perhaps that pretended to be closer to her age but was a lie to get her out of the house. It's so sad when this happens. :(

They are not releasing her identity until they have official confirmation of her identity from the medical examiner and even then they might not release it due to specific circumstances.

HPD: 12-year-old girl who sneaked out of home in north Houston found dead
SBMFF

Special circumstances? That seems odd that "special circumstances" would prevent them from releasing her identity unless those circumstances had to do with her cause of death. Or do MEs do that for other reasons? Anyone know?

This new news is making rethink being lured out, and perhaps she didn't want to go to bed that early (I was the same when I was her age) so snuck out till she was ready to go home and to bed. Then she ran across the 2 guys, who likely thought they found an "opportunity" when they ran across her.

Why do some people do such awful things??? What's wrong with people?? :mad:

I'm glad LE was able to apprehend these monsters so swiftly. IMO this case will garner significant MSM attention due to the obvious (She was only a child, the accused were foreign, the fact one had been in DHS custody prior to this heinous crime) and we can expect a lot of politicization over this one. I just hope Jocelyn's family and friends are surrounded by immense love and support during this unimaginable loss. She was so young and had so much life ahead of her. I keep thinking about her boyfriend, who must feel so bad over having been on the phone with her right before this happened, and hearing those men following her. He probably feels horrible, even when nothing is his fault. This seem like a crime of opportunity IMHO. A young girl all alone in the middle of the night, just wandering & getting a soda. Sneaking out to the nearest convenience store is like a rite of passage for tweens, it certainly was for me. This is a textbook example of when the DP will be instated. There being two perps makes it all the more terrifying. Curious if they will be tried together or separately. Who decided she had to die? Was it a joint decision or did one of them take charge? Just why. Rest in eternal peace sweet young Jocelyn, may her memory be a forever blessing to all who knew her.
Unfortunately, the District Attorney there is not at all a proponent of the death penalty. So, I doubt it will be seriously on the table at all.

“Martinez and Pena both illegally entered the U.S. without inspection, parole or admission by a U.S. immigration officer on an unknown date and at an unknown location. On March 14, Martinez was apprehended by the U.S. Border Patrol near El Paso, Texas. That same day he was released on an order of recognizance with a notice to appear. Pena was apprehended by the U.S. Border Patrol on May 28 near El Paso. He was also released on an order of recognizance with a notice to appear the same day he was apprehended,” the ICE statement read, in part. :mad:
2 men accused of strangling 12-year-old girl were caught by Border Patrol and released into US weeks before murder :mad:

I wonder if the suspects lived in the same apartment complex as Jocelyn and followed her to the store.
I haven't seen any reports that said where Jocelyn lived, other than 'very close by'. The apartments on Northborough(the suspects lived on Northborough) are the closest to the scene where her body was found.

I wonder if the suspects lived in the same apartment complex as Jocelyn and followed her to the store.
I haven't seen any reports that said where Jocelyn lived, other than 'very close by'. The apartments on Northborough(the suspects lived on Northborough) are the closest to the scene where her body was found.

Yesterday's presser indicated separate apartment complexes.

SBMFF

Special circumstances? That seems odd that "special circumstances" would prevent them from releasing her identity unless those circumstances had to do with her cause of death. Or do MEs do that for other reasons? Anyone know?
I am just speculating, but since it seems that one of the charges brought will be for S.A., they may not be allowed to release the name of SA victim, especially a minor. Statutes get muddled and sort of conflicting sometimes with SA, minors. I think all will eventually be determined that the names can be released, but I think its ok for now for officials to hold off until they know what they can release and what they can't. It doesn't appear that at this point there is a continuing danger situation.

“Martinez and Pena both illegally entered the U.S. without inspection, parole or admission by a U.S. immigration officer on an unknown date and at an unknown location. On March 14, Martinez was apprehended by the U.S. Border Patrol near El Paso, Texas. That same day he was released on an order of recognizance with a notice to appear. Pena was apprehended by the U.S. Border Patrol on May 28 near El Paso. He was also released on an order of recognizance with a notice to appear the same day he was apprehended,” the ICE statement read, in part. :mad:
2 men accused of strangling 12-year-old girl were caught by Border Patrol and released into US weeks before murder :mad:
In fairness to the Border Patrol and ICE, both organizations have been ordered to release anybody who states that they have a fear of being killed or harmed in their own country. The released person is then allowed to apply for asylum.

In short, the decision to release these men was not on the part of the agents, nor their law enforcement organizations.

Last edited:
Just bumping Tricia's post from yesterday for any members who may have missed it:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mandi_lee
Back