MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's that? Lally will be able to cross examine them, same as the others. Bet they intimidate him though.

After these witnesses, Lally gets to sum up his crap case of smoke and mirrors for the jury and then the defense - probably Yannetti, I would guess - will do their closing.

In some (all?) states, the prosecution can go again and call witnesses to contradict what the defense presented.

Lally looked so defeated (and OWNED) when he rested, so I doubt he will unless someone makes him!

MOO IMO

What's that? Lally will be able to cross examine them, same as the others. Bet they intimidate him though.

After these witnesses, Lally gets to sum up his crap case of smoke and mirrors for the jury and then the defense - probably Yannetti, I would guess - will do their closing.

I have never been more excited for a closing statement than I am for AJ's closing!

Bam!! It's clear that the esteemed dog bite, expert Dr. Marie Russell, has some bite in her herself!

I loved that AJ got in the question about dogs eating pigs ears. Are there any other logical conclusions for pig DNA being found? Don't laugh at me, but if JOK ate a product made of pork, would that show pig DNA? Remember, I said don't laugh at me! ;)

Wowzers....this is my own personal opinion. After wat hing today, I've decided if KR wouldnt have been in the picture, they would have blamed Lucky without a second thought.

I think that was the original plan! Not that guy in particular, but whoever was on duty. They got lucky (no pun intended) that Karen had a cracked taillight.

Lally has rested his case. He can cross examine the remaining defense witnesses, but he can't call more witnesses.
No, there is a rebuttal phase where he can call witnesses specifically to refute defense witnesses. Their scope is very narrow, confined only to what the defense says. https://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/resources/law_related_education_network/how_courts_work/rebuttal/#:~:text=At the conclusion of the,who contradicts the defendant's witnesses.

Whether or not there will be a rebuttal in this trial, I don’t know. A lot of Lally’s witnesses I thought should have been saved for rebuttal, but as they were included in his direct, maybe the judge has instructed them to structure the case that way. But, in the voir dire of Dr. Russell, Judge Cannone noted to Lally that he could bring a witness to refute her.

I liked Lucky, he seems like a genuinely nice person and also he’s maybe one of the only sober persons who could give an account that night, my guess is he was received well by the jury.

While Russell is well educated I’m not sure how the jury took it, I’m still on the fence of a dog attack I’m leaning to maybe not but I guess that’s still reasonable doubt.

I don’t think the defense even needed the witness discussing the text message, I think even if he didn’t testify it doesn’t matter as the commonwealth hasn’t in my opinion proved beyond a reasonable doubt regardless if the text was at 2:27 or 6:XX, and he seemed like a decent person but it kind of fell flat in my opinion.

I still think its a NG on the highest charge and she might get off on lessers due to everything else we’ve been discussing over the past month plus

The fbi hired experts are probably the nail in the coffin for a NG verdict, all these are JMO

And on the topic of Lally, he was a bit reckless today, but he’s not as good of a lawyer as Jackson, and he was handed a difficult case, I’d imagine there’s some frustration on his part and it came out today with him getting to cross, speculation by me but he’s not stupid and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s seeing how him and the case are coming across in the media

Yes, probably right! Staining his pants.....and the floor, which was then dug up an discarded.

These people are not going to get away with this.

IMO MOO
I think the large blood stain on the seat of his jeans would mean there was blood ALL OVER the floor, wherever he was then. And that he fell back, ending up sitting on the floor in the blood, leaving the blood stain we see on his jeans in the pic. And when I say floor here, I don't mean ground, as in outside; I mean inside flooring somewhere, probably basement.

I don't think he was standing but propped up and sitting in his blood that is heavily coming down the back of his head and also the front of his shirt. His face was all blood, broken nose and shown and was testified that blood from nose and mouth as well. That head bash was to have incapacitated him, fall, if he had not fallen hard, very hard onto something in the weight room basement or bashed in the head from behind.. He was most likely propped up against something after what happened till it was deemed they had to get him out of the basement and not their problem any more. JMO
But there wasn’t enough blood on the back of his shirt for this scenario.

And on the topic of Lally, he was a bit reckless today, but he’s not as good of a lawyer as Jackson, and he was handed a difficult case, I’d imagine there’s some frustration on his part and it came out today with him getting to cross, speculation by me but he’s not stupid and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s seeing how him and the case are coming across in the media

Absolutely. Almost makes me feel bad for the guy. I wonder if he'll resign and become a defense attorney after this. He has to be extremely frustrated, to put it mildly.

IMO MOO

Today, I thought the strongest evidence for the defence was the sincerity of Lucky's testimony, his identification of the Ford Edge's presence, and his conviction there was nothing on the lawn. Next, Dr. Russell's expertise and her unwavering assertion that JO'K's arm injuries were attributable to a large dog. Lally, on cross, brought out those injuries must have occurred at the time of or within an hour of death. I don't think Green added much if anything and I agree with AJ's argument that if the SUV did not strike JO'K, the defendant cannot be liable. Not sure the CW made many points. To be successful, the CW needs to provide a reasonable accident reconstruction. Not sure if that is going to be possible but I will wait for the evidence before committing. Thank you all for your thoughts and commentary.

Post in thread 'MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #10'
MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #10

“In the link you provided there is no mention of flipping over his head as KerR wraps JOK's head. KerR does testify that he was on his back.”

Yes, Kerry Roberts doesn’t say she flipped him when wrapped his head wound nor did I say she did when I linked the video. I was using the video to refer to her testimony about wrapping JOK’s head injury. She doesn’t fully explain how she got the blanket under him, and considering how traumatized she was by what happened I don’t expect her to, so I tried to speculate to fill in the gaps.

Also, I don’t think it is outside the realm of possibility that KerR with the help KR or JMcC used a log-roll type of maneuver to reduce movement of JOK’s head and neck while helping get the blanket under him or at least under his head so that she could wrap it. Using the log-roll maneuver is not uncommon when assessing and treating trauma victims and it appears first responders also use a similar to technique to roll hypothermic patients outdoors onto a sheet or a warming blanket. From the perspectives of witnesses, including JMcC, it easily look like at first a patient is being flipped over when log-roll is being performed.

JMO or speculation about why JMcC may have stated that they flipped JOK over based on what she may have saw occur. I am not saying I am right but just a guess based on emergency response techniques I have seen in the past

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member