MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't prove it, but I suspect Proctor lied about the times Lucky gave him in his report. Lucky seemed pretty dead set on his times today. Proctor and Buk interviewed him much later and my guess is they actively tried to discredit him by playing games with the time frames he gave them Lucky may not be the brightest of the witnesses we've seen, but he's definitely one of the most sincere and I'll believe him over those two clowns. He probably made them nervous.
Also, if it really were the case that Lucky started at midnight, Proctor would have had his virtual timecard for all to see. He doesn't, because Lucky's recollection and testimony are spot on. moo

All the evidence was so poorly done, and maybe to the point of criminally mishandled, hence the fbi investigations, how can you believe any of the physical evidence testing

I think regardless of what side you sit on, it’s a disservice to JOK and his family how poorly the investigation was run
It's also a disservice to the taxpayers and the defendant.

I very much enjoyed hearing "Lucky" Loughran testifying earlier. He was clear and concise.
He also comes across as sincere and honest, which is quite refreshing after watching so many lying bald men present for the CW.

It's interesting that Lucky was specific about doing multiple passes by 34 Fairview with his Frankentruck Plough from 2:45am onwards.
He reports not seeing any odd shapes or bodies on the front lawn during his many passes, until a Ford Edge appeared and was parked in the vicinity of the flag pole, obstructing his view. This was somewhere around 3:30am.
[ Ford edge is mentioned at 2:07:23 in this video ]

A Ford Edge was reportedly owned by Brian Albert.
I hope that Lucky's testimony doesn't make him a target of Canton PD

1718981091183-png.512083

On social media, Brian Albert’s brother Tim publicly threatened to ruin anyone who crossed his family: "I stand by my family 100%. You don't with them. You do, and I won't hesitate to make you the most miserable person. It's a promise."

-Chris Albert was filmed harassing his own pizza customers after he thought they were taking his picture. He accused them of giving a news blogger "handjobs", and followed them to their car.

-Jen McCabe & her buddy Jill Thomas confronted Tom Beatty’s 17 year old daughter, a likely witness in the #KarenRead case, and told her to “instead of opening your mouth, why don't you stick a dick in it instead"?

-Sean McCabe threatening to murder and bury the corpse of a news blogger under the presiding judge’s (whom McCabe referred to as “Auntie Bev”) seaside cottage.

-And what was with the cop bumping into KR in the court hallway?
Good morning and Happy Friday! What a day this will be!
Just a quick note. This trial, and every other trial, is NOT about whether or not you like KR or hate KR. On a grander scale, this trial isn't even really about KR, JOK or anyone else. This trial, and every trial, is a mechanism based on our Constitution that protects ALL of us. And the basic premise behind that is fairness to the individual's rights.

So...even if you hate KR...even if you think she "probably" did it, that isn't what any of this is about. We would all love to say that this is about justice for JOK. It isn't really. It is about seeking the truth. And the only fair way to seek the truth in a civilized society is to practice the rules of law as they are established in our laws, including statutory and case law, as applied to the Constitution.

So, if you feel that as a juror, you cold vote Guilty on any of the counts (keeping in mind that the trial is still going on and the defense hasn't even presented one witness as of yet) you must agree that it is OK and perfectly fine to have the following things happen to YOU, or your loved one if this were you or them on trial.

Failure to secure a crime scene (plus not even investigating the entire crime scene)
Evidence kept in plastic cups borrowed from a neighbor
Vehicle taken to the workplace of the homeowner who is a cop and happens to have been designated as excluded from case for conflict of interest
A lead investigator that is familiar with the witnesses in the case and zeroes in on you as a suspect within 12 hours based upon witness testimony by said witnesses
A lead investigator who is revealed to be completely biased against the accused due to physical body and your private personal medical issues
Several key witnesses deleting and disposing of cell phones with potential relevant and perhaps exonerating evidence
A judge who has a personal and professional connection to your accusers

These are just a few, but I bet there are many others I missed as I am only on coffee #2 so far today. But just imagine you or your loved one is found laying dead on the lawn of a home where people were in and out, all drunk, in the middle of the night during a snowstorm and investigators do not enter the home on the property.

So my point is that John deserved better than this. And whether you hate Karen or not, or think she might have done it or not, this is about YOU. And if the kind of investigation is allowed to put a person away for their entire lives in this manner, then I would say our legal system as a whole has failed.

JMO
so well said!
It brings me back to the idea that some lack empathy, which is why they believe they could never be in this situation.

Also, if it really were the case that Lucky started at midnight, Proctor would have had his virtual timecard for all to see. He doesn't, because Lucky's recollection and testimony are spot on. moo
It also appears that Lucky was interviewed by that other agency as well

Lally also asked about an interview Loughran gave to authorities in May 2023. It was not immediately clear which agency interviewed Loughran, though prior court documents indicate he had spoken at some point with the FBI for the federal investigation into Read’s case.

I very much enjoyed hearing "Lucky" Loughran testifying earlier. He was clear and concise.
He also comes across as sincere and honest, which is quite refreshing after watching so many lying bald men present for the CW.

It's interesting that Lucky was specific about doing multiple passes by 34 Fairview with his Frankentruck Plough from 2:45am onwards.
He reports not seeing any odd shapes or bodies on the front lawn during his many passes, until a Ford Edge appeared and was parked in the vicinity of the flag pole, obstructing his view. This was somewhere around 3:30am.
[ Ford edge is mentioned at 2:07:23 in this video ]

A Ford Edge was reportedly owned by Brian Albert.
I hope that Lucky's testimony doesn't make him a target of Canton PD

1718981091183-png.512083
Yes, it crossed my mind that he might cop some flack from the locals. Hope he has some arrangements with trusted friends and family on what to do in the event of harassement. moo

Great that they are callinga pathologist. wonder if he will speak to anything that should have been done in autopsy regarding the arm wounds which were ignored by the ME acording to her testimony, That would be excellent
.. like taking a DNA swab directly from the body, for example..

I sure hope so cos this autopsy did not read anything like the probably 000's I have viewed already.

On social media, Brian Albert’s brother Tim publicly threatened to ruin anyone who crossed his family: "I stand by my family 100%. You don't with them. You do, and I won't hesitate to make you the most miserable person. It's a promise."

-Chris Albert was filmed harassing his own pizza customers after he thought they were taking his picture. He accused them of giving a news blogger "handjobs", and followed them to their car.

-Jen McCabe & her buddy Jill Thomas confronted Tom Beatty’s 17 year old daughter, a likely witness in the #KarenRead case, and told her to “instead of opening your mouth, why don't you stick a dick in it instead"?

-Sean McCabe threatening to murder and bury the corpse of a news blogger under the presiding judge’s (whom McCabe referred to as “Auntie Bev”) seaside cottage.

so well said!
It brings me back to the idea that some lack empathy, which is why they believe they could never be in this situation.
Sorry for the two-posts-in-one!

so well said!
I've seen the Beattys mentioned before but don't know anything about their connection to the case (other than one or more may testify, which now seems unlikely), can anyone fill me in on their connection? TIA

Is there any info out there (from trial or before) addressing how the victim's body temp, alcohol level & injuries combined with weather conditions could determine how* long he was lying in the yard? I imagine they couldn't get an exact time, but it seems it should be possible to estimate whether it was 5 1/2 hours as opposed to 2 1/2.

I was hoping the trial would bring us a Mythbusters-like accident recreation (digital or otherwise) showing that any of the prosecution's vehicle strike claims were possible. But alas...

*Yes, I resisted the urge to type "hos."

I've seen the Beattys mentioned before but don't know anything about their connection to the case (other than one or more may testify, which now seems unlikely), can anyone fill me in on their connection? TIA
Colin called Tom Beatty's daughter at around 12:30am to ask her to pick him up from Fairview, allegedly. IMO.

Is there any info out there (from trial or before) addressing how the victim's body temp, alcohol level & injuries combined with weather conditions could determine how* long he was lying in the yard? I imagine they couldn't get an exact time, but it seems it should be possible to estimate whether it was 5 1/2 hours as opposed to 2 1/2.

I was hoping the trial would bring us a Mythbusters-like accident recreation (digital or otherwise) showing that any of the prosecution's vehicle strike claims were possible. But alas...

*Yes, I resisted the urge to type "hos."
It's possible we'll see a mythbusters-like non-accident reconstruction, ie sort of in reverse, when defense fbi witness testifies as to how it could not have been a vehicular impact...moo

...or the phrases "if any", "if anything", or "if anyone"!
Yeah what a nightmare! I wonder if court has a counsellor on hand for the jurors post trial. Imagine hearing "what if anything" over and over in your head like a bad song. I'd be wanting a confidential debrief to ease the pain, all expenses covered by the Commonwealth ofcourse.

Nah, given Jen McCabe's bizarre and aggressive behavior on the stand, I'm always going to believe she googled it at 2:27.
seemed odd to me that she kept texting JOK about whether he was coming and where to park IMO. lots of times you invite people to be polite but if they do not immediately show up, you just let it go....IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member