MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wowzers....this is my own personal opinion. After wat hing today, I've decided if KR wouldnt have been in the picture, they would have blamed Lucky without a second thought.
Exactly what I thought, too.

Lucky is a hero.
I loved Lucky's short, honest testimony. His attitude was great, thankfully he feels safe enough to bravely tell the truth.

Q: Do you know the Albert family?
A: Yeah, I know all of 'em.
ATTN CW WITNESSES--SEE HOW EASY IT IS TO ANSWER A QUESTION DIRECTLY?

Did I really hear correctly that Lucky worked at D&E as a pizza delivery guy for eight years? He's been subservient to this family for quite a while. Did they pay him health insurance?
<modsnip - personal details about witnessed should not be posted here>

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved that AJ got in the question about dogs eating pigs ears. Are there any other logical conclusions for pig DNA being found? Don't laugh at me, but if JOK ate a product made of pork, would that show pig DNA? Remember, I said don't laugh at me! ;)
I said it earlier. Someone could have ate some pork rinds and wiped their hand on their pants. JO, maybe an EMT, a Dr. or nurse at the hospital or any other person who had access to the evidence. No evidence protocols were followed so it literally could be anything or anybody. Furthermore we have absolutely no idea where the DNA swabs were taken from as only the swab sticks were sent to the lab. No clothing, no swatches of clothing..nothing else was sent to the lab for testing. A gross negligence in my opinion!

All the evidence was so poorly done, and maybe to the point of criminally mishandled, hence the fbi investigations, how can you believe any of the physical evidence testing

I think regardless of what side you sit on, it’s a disservice to JOK and his family how poorly the investigation was run

Today, I thought the strongest evidence for the defence was the sincerity of Lucky's testimony, his identification of the Ford Edge's presence, and his conviction there was nothing on the lawn. Next, Dr. Russell's expertise and her unwavering assertion that JO'K's arm injuries were attributable to a large dog. Lally, on cross, brought out those injuries must have occurred at the time of or within an hour of death. I don't think Green added much if anything and I agree with AJ's argument that if the SUV did not strike JO'K, the defendant cannot be liable. Not sure the CW made many points. To be successful, the CW needs to provide a reasonable accident reconstruction. Not sure if that is going to be possible but I will wait for the evidence before committing. Thank you all for your thoughts and commentary.

I thought the testimony of the medical examiner was also fairly helpful to the defense. First saying that JO's injuries were not typical of a pedestrian strike. And then not ruling out any alternate theory, basically agreeing with the defense that his wounds were consistent with being punched, hit with a bat and/or dragged.

I was puzzled by Lally's choice to rest on her testimony when it wasn't all that strong. But then again, the way the prosecution has presented the case from start to finish has been confounding.

Exactly what I thought, too.

Lucky is a hero.
I loved Lucky's short, honest testimony. His attitude was great, thankfully he feels safe enough to bravely tell the truth.

Q: Do you know the Albert family?
A: Yeah, I know all of 'em.
ATTN CW WITNESSES--SEE HOW EASY IT IS TO ANSWER A QUESTION DIRECTLY?

Did I really hear correctly that Lucky worked at D&E as a pizza delivery guy for eight years? He's been subservient to this family for quite a while.
<modsnip - personal details about witnesses should not be posted here>
Lucky just feels like a real dude. A real dude who isn't desperately trying to hide some dark secret.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he was sincere and he did not see anything that night.

I doubt he was the hypervigilant eagle-eyed protector of small animals the defense tried to paint for us. In any event, him not seeing anything isn't evidence that there was nothing there to see. Still, it muddies the water and adds to items a juror could grasp onto to find reasonable doubt.

I am wondering why no corroborating evidence for the time he was plowing? Doesn't he have a cell phone, people at the garage who saw him arrive etc..
Like virtually everyone there that night, Proctor chose not to do even a cursory search of phone data to corroborate anything they said. moo

Like virtually everyone there that night, Proctor chose not to do even a cursory search of phone data to corroborate anything they said. moo

Can't prove it, but I suspect Proctor lied about the times Lucky gave him in his report. Lucky seemed pretty dead set on his times today. Proctor and Buk interviewed him much later and my guess is they actively tried to discredit him by playing games with the time frames he gave them Lucky may not be the brightest of the witnesses we've seen, but he's definitely one of the most sincere and I'll believe him over those two clowns. He probably made them nervous.

Can't prove it, but I suspect Proctor lied about the times Lucky gave him in his report. Lucky seemed pretty dead set on his times today. Proctor and Buk interviewed him much later and my guess is they actively tried to discredit him by playing games with the time frames he gave them Lucky may not be the brightest of the witnesses we've seen, but he's definitely one of the most sincere and I'll believe him over those two clowns. He probably made them nervous.

He was by far the best witness so far, and in my opinion the smartest one. He was smart and confident. He was the most believable too and charismatic enough to win over the jury . There was no doubt he was telling the truth. I believe Lucky's version of events over Proctors. MOO.

I loved that AJ got in the question about dogs eating pigs ears. Are there any other logical conclusions for pig DNA being found? Don't laugh at me, but if JOK ate a product made of pork, would that show pig DNA? Remember, I said don't laugh at me! ;)
just a thought.. What finger food was served at that party that night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member