Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reviews of that trail make it sounds dangerous for an inexperienced hiking partier.

I haven't read the entire discussion - but has it been reported why he took that trail?

He took the trail because it was near the bus stop, or because someone suggested it? Did his phone app say it was a 3 hour hike without mentioning that it's possible to get lost in rough terrain?
We dont know why. We can speculate that he may have thought it faster, quicker and possibly safer to reach the coast. Than to walk on a road without pavements thats all in land.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Not to mention he had no freaking clue where he was. Totally unfamiliar surroundings, foreign country and crazy terrain. I also don't think there's any indication he was stoned out of his gourd or drunk. One can pull an all nighter partying and not feel the best but it doesn't mean they're in some kind of mental fog.

Last edited by a moderator:
We dont know why. We can speculate that he may have thought it faster, quicker and possibly safer to reach the coast. Than to walk on a road without pavements thats all in land.
Do we know the location of the bus-stop where he missed the bus? I'm curious to see how close it is to the trailhead. It might just be the first option that came up on his map searches.

Bbm

Me too. I am in the Upper Intermediate level in German(B2 borderline C1) and when I am confronted with regional dialects like Kolsch and Bonnsch I am immediately struggling. I find it difficult to parse the language. I suspect the glasgow accent does that with a lot of fluent English speaking foreigners too.
This made me laugh. I'm an American native English speaker and sometimes cannot understand a British movie, lol! When it comes to Scotland, it's even worse:

Anyone else feel, while these guys are putting in great efforts, some sort of horn or similar would be massively helpful. They could literally miss him by yards if he cant hear them, and they cant see him? Make noise!!!!
That is such a good idea and makes me think it's another thing a hiker might hook onto their backpack. Some of those plastic horns that protesters use to disrupt speeches are really loud and must be very light weight.

That is such a good idea and makes me think it's another thing a hiker might hook onto their backpack. Some of those plastic horns that protesters use to disrupt speeches are really loud and must be very light weight.
There are no other hikers in this area.

I'd love to think all this would make a difference but , sadly, it's unlikely to make an impact. Sadly now, it's looking like SAR.

Just sickening. I see these trolls as complete sociopaths and there are so many of them out there.
Yes, very bizarre if true. I didn’t realise it was so easy to hack accounts like that

In the case of Dr Mosley he accidentally took a wrong turn and ended up where he did but in Jay’s case he strayed off a coastal road and ended up in dangerous terrain, presumably the coastal road that he was walking along is the road used by the buses so if he had kept to the road he would have been fine, I just can’t figure out why he left the main road and ended up in such terrain
I can't either. How does it make any sense that anyone would go stumbling through rocks and cactus and think it was the right way to go anywhere? When hiking, those kinds of things happen and it makes sense that people get lost but he was not hiking and began on a road, the logical path back to whence he came.

If JS was only at the airbnb for a very short period of time, is it possible that he got in the car to go with the two men to get away from a situation/problem when he left the club/rave to go to the airbnb?
I don't think so because his friends told him not to go.

I'll admit i've not followed this case closely, but ain't there only two blokes who physically saw which way he went? Potentially could have picked him up later if there's only one road??

The thing I really do not understand about this incident is why JS didn't either wait for the bus, or why the 2 "hosts" did not drive him back- they drove out to the ends of civilization and had a hire car so.... when they drove him out, they must have realized he would need to get back. Did he have funds for the return trip on the bus? (seems he would have needed more than 1 bus if I read other posts correctly)

Is it possible that he only went outside to smoke a cigarette and not to go and buy some? Is there any footage of him leaving the club/rave and getting into the car with the two men? If they left at 5am (apologies if I have that time wrong), I do wonder what the intended purpose of going to the airbnb with the two men was? Was it said that it was his first time abroad, if he got into a car with two strangers who he only met that night he does not seem very streetwise but depending on what he had been taken, he might not have been thinking logically. I wonder if the two men have been able to shed light on what happened after they got to the airbnb. I assume they have been asked this if the Police spoke to them?
Yeah, that's all really weird. Travel that distance at 5AM just to turn around and leave at, what, 7:30ish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne