AR - Shooting at butcher shop in Fordyce, AR (6/21/24), 2 dead, 8 injured

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

airportwoman

Reaction score
There is little information except that the shooter was injured and is in custody, and a police officer was shot but the injury was not considered life-threatening. Fordyce is a small town about an hour's drive south of Little Rock.

"Arkansas State Police have said that 9 civilians were shot, with two of those being fatal. Additionally, one officer was shot and suffered non life-threatening injuries."

No active threats in community. Lone suspect. Three dead. Two LE shot, but ok. Injury to shooter not life threatening. ASP will be leading investigative agency. 11 civilians shot. Injuries range from minor to life-threatening. Total of three civilians dead.

Thanks. I always want to know motive. WHY?????

jmo
We used to shop at the particular store on Fridays with my FIL when he was alive. We (my husband and children) lived in that area for the first five years we lived in AR. We moved 30 miles SW of Fordyce because it was closer to my husband's job.

I haven't heard anything else about the motive. I do know the last time I checked the number of victims had risen from 11 to 14.

Name of suspect released:
Authorities identified the suspect that was arrested in the shooting as 44-year-old Travis Eugene Posey from New Edinburg. Officials said Posey is facing three counts of capital murder with additional charges pending.

~~~SNIP~~~

Travis Posey has been booked into the Ouachita County Jail for the Fordyce, AR grocery store shooting that left 3 people dead.

~~~SNIP~~~

This is the latest information that I could find, via "official" sources.
New Edinburg is about 10-15 miles East of Fordyce. Apparently, Posey was moved to Ouachita County for "his" safety.
Arkansas is a Death Penalty state, so I imagine that prosecutors will seek the Death Penalty for Mr. Posey.

I haven't seen the names of the three victims who unfortunately passed away.

ETA: To add link.
LINK

JMO, IMO, and all other disclaimers.

Victim Callie Weems' mom has known the arrested shooter since he was a child.

"23-year-old Callie Weems was shot and killed while grocery shopping at Mad Butcher, Callie's mother, Helen, confirmed to us. Callie Weems has a 10-month-old daughter and worked as a licensed practical nurse at the Dallas County Medical Center.

Helen said she has known Posey, the suspected shooter, since he was a kid."

"State Police later identified the suspected shooter as Travis “Joey” Posey. A booking record on the Ouachita County Sheriff’s jail website shows Travis Posey, 44, as being held for another county. Posey is charged with three counts of first-degree murder, according to inmate search site VINELink. ASP later confirmed that information in a press release."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice
Back