IN IN - Bryson Muir, 14, *poss in danger*, Logansport, last seen leaving Ohio w/his mother, Kristen Muir, Servant Leader’s Foundation, 16 Jun '24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree. Does anyone know if Bryson was in school, even if it was homeschool or a private school?
I don't know specifically for the Indiana chapter, but it doesn't sound like there is any good schooling for the original chapter.

School was a joke, both Esther and Burkhow say, a show to keep authorities from investigating. The children are all homeschooled, and when Esther left at 15 years old, she tested at a fourth-grade level. Burkhow, now 31, has just begun to study for his GED, at the same time when his partner is studying for his PhD. He put it off for so long because he was embarrassed.

CHAPTER 2: Inside the Troubling Past of the ‘Cult’ Former Packers Star KGB Has Joined
And let's not talk about proper healthcare.

OK, lets.

Straitway followers have no access to proper healthcare, because they believe Yah will heal. As a small child, Esther tripped while holding a PVC pipe. The pipe pierced the roof of her mouth when she fell on it. She remembers choking on blood and Dowell instructing her to lie flat on a table for a week while her mother prayed over her. Burkhow says Dowell told the people the creek water was safe to drink, so he did, and then was extremely sick—he lost 10 pounds from vomiting and diarrhea, and the effects lingered for several weeks. His brother dropped a cinderblock on his foot and suffered for months. Ruth says she had a miscarriage from an ectopic pregnancy and nearly died because she wasn’t allowed to go to a hospital—nor did she want to go, because at the time she believed it was God’s will. She was bedridden for several months with bleeding and pain. Phoebe remembers a woman having a miscarriage in the outhouse at five months pregnant; she did not even receive midwife care. Her treatment was that Dowell allowed her to order a pizza (but no pepperoni; the Old Testament instructs not to eat pork).

ISP said they were unable to get in contact with Bryson Muir's parents until they visited the home last week on June 27. He wasn't there.

The next day, on June 28, ISP officially declared a Silver Alert.

Later that afternoon, ISP said Bryson Muir's parents agreed to bring him to meet at a police post.

ISP said an hour before the scheduled meeting, the parents backed out of the arrangement, signaling an "unwillingness to cooperate."

ISP said they were unable to get in contact with Bryson Muir's parents until they visited the home last week on June 27. He wasn't there.

The next day, on June 28, ISP officially declared a Silver Alert.

Later that afternoon, ISP said Bryson Muir's parents agreed to bring him to meet at a police post.

ISP said an hour before the scheduled meeting, the parents backed out of the arrangement, signaling an "unwillingness to cooperate."
This provides a bit more of a timeline than I had seen before. Thanks for posting this.
So LE visited the home on June 27.
And it was June 28 (after ISP declared a Silver Alert) that the family implied they would cooperate. And then they dodged the meeting. This sounds like they were just trying to buy time.

Where is Bryson??
(And while I'm at it, where are Bryson's siblings? Are they ok?)

June 13 (evening) - June 16 (morning)
-BM was at grandparent’s house
June 16
-Picked up by mother
-Shortly after police pulled vehicle over but BM was no longer in there.
June 18
-Child Services contacted the Indiana State Police (ISP) for assistance
June 25
-Indiana State Police issued a release reporting BM missing
June 27
-ISP visited the home but BM was not there.
June 28
-Silver Alert activated
-parents agreed to bring him to meet at a police post at 12pm BUT backed out at 11:00am

With Bryson arriving to Grandmas in that condition AND admitting that his father did it, I wonder why Grandma waited to call police until JUST after Bryson left? Did something happen when mom arrived to pick him up?
Bryson was at the grandmother's house for 3 days.....why did she not immediately call or call at any point while Bryson was staying with her? Why did she sit on it until the moment he left? I feel like there has to be something somewhat significant that occurred when Bryson was being picked up. Did Grandma confront the parents? Did Mom show up in similar shape as Bryson when she came to pick him up and THAT was the final straw that made g-ma call? I'm glad someone finally said/did something but that photo of Bryson is appaulling....I can't believe Grandma didn't call before he drove off with them. Why make police go on a short goose chase for the vehicle instead of calling just before and having them already there waiting? A call just 5 minutes earlier (or 3 days earlier) would have produced different results.

Where’s Bryson? the video previously saying that the family had lawyered up and now here’s this news article.

From article:
The State Police now need to communicate through the Muir family’s attorney to reach Bryson’s parents and discuss how to get them to cooperate.

“At this point, they sought legal counsel, and we are constantly reaching out to the legal counsel to get to the parents,” Glass stated.

I took it as the family has lawyered up & they are only communicating with LE through their attorney. JMO

Here’s an additional link concerning the attorney.

State Police have been in touch with Bryson Muir’s family attorney, the missing teenager from Logansport and the son of former Indianapolis Colts player Daniel Muir. However, they have not yet located him in person.

The State Police say they now need to communicate through the Muir family’s attorney to reach Bryson’s parents and discuss how to get them to cooperate.

Here’s an additional link concerning the attorney.

State Police have been in touch with Bryson Muir’s family attorney, the missing teenager from Logansport and the son of former Indianapolis Colts player Daniel Muir. However, they have not yet located him in person.

The State Police say they now need to communicate through the Muir family’s attorney to reach Bryson’s parents and discuss how to get them to cooperate.
Honestly, I'm considering it progress that they have a lawyer. I'd prefer a lawyer who actually knows the law handling the communications rather than sovereign citizens who think they are outside the law. Perhaps a lawyer can end this impass.

jmo

Honestly, I'm considering it progress that they have a lawyer. I'd prefer a lawyer who actually knows the law handling the communications rather than sovereign citizens who think they are outside the law. Perhaps a lawyer can end this impass.

jmo
doesn’t mean he’s not a sovereign lawyer with straitway

In a video posted to YouTube on Sunday, Pastor Charles Dowell, the head of Straitway, defended Muir, saying he is innocent until proven guilty and calling on his followers not to rush to judgment as the investigation is ongoing. In the video, camouflage gear is visible behind Dowell, as well as what appear to be firearms.

“His face was battered. When I got him, he had a black eye and busted lip,” Wright told the outlet. “His whole face was swollen. I can only imagine how many times he had been hit in the face for it to be like that.”

When a news crew visited the property, they saw a sign for Straitway Truth Ministries displayed on the grounds, WXIN reported. Straitway’s website says the group aims to collect money to establish church branches consisting of “a church, community garden, livestock and housing which are all used for the local community/church members.” The site lists 12 branches.

Daniel Muir can be seen preaching in videos on the group’s YouTube page, and he’s listed as a contact for Straitway’s Indiana branch

So glad this happened without incident! I was fearing another Waco since these extreme cults are often heavily armed.

From the article:

Three SWAT teams, detectives, K9 units and a bomb squad were prepared to search multiple buildings at the property owned by the Servant Leader’s Foundation, a nonprofit religious group. The operation began around 6 a.m., ISP said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice
Back