Found Safe WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
According to the law AA would have had a valid defense in the custodial interference case if he took Seraya because she was in imminent danger. However now that he has absconded with her, he has proven that this is nothing more than a pissing contest. He's won for the moment, but he will lose big in the long run.

<modsnip>

A missing child absolutely warrants a raid if LE has a reason to suspect family members may be involved or at a minimum, hiding evidence. It doesn’t matter if it’s a “non-custodial” parent that’s not returned a child. How many cases do we see a week where NCP take off with a child and/or harm them? It’s happening all the time. It doesn’t make this child’s disappearance any less important.

If my NCP ex did this to me with my daughter I’d absolutely be telling LE to turn the world upside down to find her. It’s cases like this that are exactly why my child’s NCP and his girlfriend will never be around my child without me.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip>

A missing child absolutely warrants a raid if LE has a reason to suspect family members may be involved or at a minimum, hiding evidence. It doesn’t matter if it’s a “non-custodial” parent that’s not returned a child. How many cases do we see a week where NCP take off with a child and/or harm them? It’s happening all the time. It doesn’t make this child’s disappearance any less important.

If my NCP ex did this to me with my daughter I’d absolutely be telling LE to turn the world upside down to find her. It’s cases like this that are exactly why my child’s NCP and his girlfriend will never be around my child without me.
Don't AA and SH share custody? While custodial interference appears to be properly charged because AA failed to return the child per the agreed-upon schedule, I don't think he can accurately be termed a "non-custodial" parent right now. I'm not defending his actions but at times we seem to be morphing into a different sets of facts about the entire situation.
MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't AA and SH share custody? While custodial interference appears to be properly charged because AA failed to return the child per the agreed-upon schedule, I don't think he can accurately be termed a "non-custodial" parent right now. I'm not defending his actions but at times we seem to be morphing into a different sets of facts about the entire situation.
MOO
They share custody. However once he failed to return Seraya on agreed day & time he would be considered to be the non custodial parent, at that point he has committed a custodial interference offence.

They share custody. However once he failed to return Seraya on agreed day & time he would be considered to be the non custodial parent, at that point he has committed a custodial interference offence.
I'm not sure it works quite like that. At this point, he is charged with custodial interference.
MOO

MOO
I'd never defend his actions either, it was an incredibly stupid thing to do, as I've stated previously.
You are correct, AA is not a "non-custodial" parent. He's the one who (presumably, as we still don't have any facts as to why he didn't actually return the child) made the foolish mistake of taking matters into his own hands, and will now undoubtedly lose custody completely, when all is said and done.

jmo

MOO. AA and Nadia are on the run and cannot speak for themselves. Even given that, they each come across as passive observers in their own lives.

Both sets of parents’ various statements are centered on AA and Nadia future dreams (national guard / law school) without compelling evidence that either were actively pursuing said dreams. Which of course is why we’re questioning what their dreams really are.

The mothering manifesto by AA’s parents is more about allegedly awful mothering than about AA’s wonderful fathering. AA’s text messages are passive. AA’s parents’ statements about Nadia’s wonderful bond with Seraya are in context of Nadia-Seraya interactions in the presence of AA’s parents.

The various notes by AA’s parents are like doctor’s “sick notes” written for a 12-year-old to excuse school absences.

They allegedly absconded in AA’s parents’ car. Not in another vehicle. At least as far as we know.

Nadia waits until departure time to depart without saying farewell.

Their relationship comes across as like a middle school romance overly managed by AA’s meddling parents. Nadia’s parents perhaps trying to “cool off” a romance with a three-week vacation to Italy also seems like a move concerned parents would make to derail a tween romance vs an adult engagement.

This arrested development leads me to doubt AA and Nadia’s collective day-to-day abilities to manage their own lives even without a two-year-old in tow. On the plus side, AA’s parents likely understand this, hence the barrage of excuse notes for AA. Wherever AA and Nadia are, AA’s parents are fools if they did not arrange for nanny support, since custody (legal or illegal) of Seraya seems to one end game goal.

I hope little Seraya is found soon because she is not in capable adult hands with AA and Nadia, IMO.

edited by me for grammar

<modsnip>

I don't know.

I feel as though there should be more than mere suspicion to warrant a raid on the home and persons of family members. I think there should be some sort of probable cause that the family members were actually involved in some way.

No one was arrested, and we still don't know where AA, NC, and little Seraya are so it doesn't appear as though LE found much of value.

MOO, but I think we need to protect our 4th Amendment right to not allow unreasonable searches and seizures.

I think media attention makes LE jumpy, but has anyone seen the search warrant? I'd like to know how they justified the raid. Did they suspect the Aungs were harboring fugitives right there in the home? Did they have cause to think the Aung's were orchestrating (and paying for) the disappearance?

LE has come out and said they don't think Seraya is in any danger.

I hope they find her very soon and return her to Samara, but I also want to see our rights upheld.

I don't know.

I feel as though there should be more than mere suspicion to warrant a raid on the home and persons of family members. I think there should be some sort of probable cause that the family members were actually involved in some way.

No one was arrested, and we still don't know where AA, NC, and little Seraya are so it doesn't appear as though LE found much of value.

MOO, but I think we need to protect our 4th Amendment right to not allow unreasonable searches and seizures.

I think media attention makes LE jumpy, but has anyone seen the search warrant? I'd like to know how they justified the raid. Did they suspect the Aungs were harboring fugitives right there in the home? Did they have cause to think the Aung's were orchestrating (and paying for) the disappearance?

LE has come out and said they don't think Seraya is in any danger.

I hope they find her very soon and return her to Samara, but I also want to see our rights upheld.

Do we know WHERE AA had been living? Possibly he was living there so it was HIS home being raided. Either way, LE obviously secured probable cause for search and seizure.

Has LE said Seraya isn't in any danger? I don't recall that... but maybe to diffuse the situation? It's best for everyone if AA comes forward voluntarily and without force...

The family statement gives probable cause as far as I'm concerned. Because it reveals foreknowledge, implies support, and exposes motive -- to keep Seraya away permanently. That's A LOT.

If LE has uncovered additional links, whoa.

Vehicle telematics, wiretaps --

I don't think the raid was a fishing expedition.

JMO

Do we know WHERE AA had been living? Possibly he was living there so it was HIS home being raided. Either way, LE obviously secured probable cause for search and seizure.

Has LE said Seraya isn't in any danger? I don't recall that... but maybe to diffuse the situation? It's best for everyone if AA comes forward voluntarily and without force...

The family statement gives probable cause as far as I'm concerned. Because it reveals foreknowledge, implies support, and exposes motive -- to keep Seraya away permanently. That's A LOT.

If LE has uncovered additional links, whoa.

Vehicle telematics, wiretaps --

I don't think the raid was a fishing expedition.

JMO
You make a good point about it being a raid of "AA's" home if he lived there.

Early on, LE said they had no reason to suspect Seraya was in danger but that AA broke the law by not returning her at the appointed time.

Maybe it wasn't a fishing expedition, but searching their bodies? That means they had to suspect family members were complicit. But, no arrests.

I just want to see the search warrant to find out what could have made them go that route.

I doubt LE uncovered anything substantial because Seraya is still gone. Had they found evidence that the family was supporting or helping the runaways, they would have been able to find them by now. For example, had they found a burner phone, they could have traced the calls it made. Maybe they have a stingray set up in the area.

I just feel that had they found anything of value, Seraya would be home now.

I still want to know more about Nadia. I've heard rumors that she didn't want to go on the trip to Italy, but her parents say differently in their statement.

I have to ask what would make Nadia do what she did if what her parents say is true. Here's her parents statement again.

“It is with deep concern and heavy hearts that we address the public regarding the sudden disappearance of our beloved daughter, Nadia. Nadia recently graduated from Washington State University with honors, marking a significant achievement in her academic journey.

Nadia was on the brink of embarking on a celebratory family vacation trip to Italy, a trip she and her mother had eagerly planned for over a year. However, what was supposed to be a joyous occasion turned into a nightmare when Nadia left her belongings at the gate to use the restroom and never returned.

Security footage revealed Nadia hastily exiting the airport with a distressed expression, and the last known sighting of her was near the light rail platform north of the parking garage. Since her disappearance on May 29, 2024, there has been no further contact or sighting of her.

Nadia is cherished by the hundreds of people who know her, and the circumstances surrounding her disappearance are entirely out of character for her. We are utterly devastated by her disappearance and are fervently praying for her safe return.

We implore anyone with information regarding Nadia’s whereabouts or any leads that could aid in her safe return to contact the authorities at 877-220-8129. Any piece of information, no matter how insignificant it may seem, could be crucial in bringing Nadia back to us.

As we navigate this distressing ordeal, we ask for privacy and respect during this difficult time. Our only desire is to reunite with our beloved daughter, and we remain hopeful that she will come back to us unharmed.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Beata and Kirk Cole”

Early on, LE said they had no reason to suspect Seraya was in danger but that AA broke the law by not returning her at the appointed time.

Maybe it wasn't a fishing expedition, but searching their bodies? That means they had to suspect family members were complicit. But, no arrests.

I just want to see the search warrant to find out what could have made them go that route.

I doubt LE uncovered anything substantial because Seraya is still gone. Had they found evidence that the family was supporting or helping the runaways, they would have been able to find them by now. For example, had they found a burner phone, they could have traced the calls it made. Maybe they have a stingray set up in the area.

It may not be so simple.

Especially if they've managed to leave the country.

JMO

Something about Nadia isn't sitting well with me.

I would be willing to bet (MOO) that all the dirt the Aungs dug up on Seraya was prompted by Nadia in the months before they disappeared because she was the one who planned on being a lawyer.

But, that would indicate that she advocated working within the law for AA to obtain full custody of Seraya. And then, according to her parents, Nadia was excited about the trip to Italy.

Then she did a 180.

Here's the thing -- if they planned to take off with Seraya, they could have done that after Nadia got back from Italy. They could have done it the next time AA had custody. Why right before something Nadia wanted so much? Why that way? That seems more spur of the moment to me.

It may not be so simple.

Especially if they've managed to leave the country.

JMO
Maybe.

But if the Aungs had contacted the runaways and LE had found that evidence, LE would have been at the runaway's doorstep by now. Well... if they were in a country that extradites. Earlier, we talked about them going to the Philippines, but that country won't extradite on custodial issues.

There are specific steps LE must take before entering a home. Are you suggesting LE is not following those steps? I have seen nothing that indicates this isn't anything other than a lawful investigation.

jmo

There are specific steps LE must take before entering a home. Are you suggesting LE is not following those steps? I have seen nothing that indicates this isn't anything other than a lawful investigation.

jmo
I agree. My understanding from msm reports is that LE executed a search warrant, which means they had to produce probable cause before a judge would sign it. That’s how our fourth amendment rights are protected.

I’m not sure how much it matters whether or not Aaron lists the family home as his permanent address but again, as long as LE presented probable cause I see nothing done against the law. IMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back