Found Deceased Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s absolutely crazy he still hasn’t been found yet. He couldn’t of walked that far so unless they have are looking in the wrong areas.

Moo
I've been thinking the same. I watched one of the videos of the trail on the first thread, the one with a young family, surely no one would go that far, there is nothing around to indicate you will reach a house or shops shortly. People have asked this before but I don't think it was answered, how accurate the snapchat ping is?

Just following along the road on apple maps on my phone it's obviously a long, hot, dry winding road and unless you know a bit about the geography of the island, it wouldn't be clear which way to travel. But if he was walking for several hours along that road (in either direction) he'd have surely seen the bus go past several times and realised he needs to wait at a bus stop. (Plus there are houses here and there and traffic driving past, but if he's not confident to flag down a car, or knock on a door, then I guess that wouldn't help). So it's looking to me like he went off the main road and tried clambering downwards across the bush, rocks and cacti and something dreadful has happened.

If he has walked a lot further than they think, then they could be looking in totally the wrong place. He really could be anywhere from that last ping. JMO.

Why would he continue to walk into no man’s land?

He was leaving Civilization behind him so unless he was wasn’t the full ticket then at some point common sense should have made him turn around and go back on himself.

IMO of course

He was leaving Civilization behind him so unless he was wasn’t the full ticket then at some point common sense should have made him turn around and go back on himself.

IMO of course
Dehydration, heat exhaustion, lack of sleep, that could easily cause confusion and being disorientated

The BnB in the village of Masca where Jay Slater travelled the morning he was last seen

The house in the village of Masca where Jay Slater travelled to in the early hours of the morning he was last seen

The search teams appear to be methodically searching along a mountain road and have focused on a ravine, before moving to a valley in the village of Masca.

Dog teams have spent much of the day working an area near farm buildings.

Police and mountain rescue officials have been seen examining a steep area behind the apartment Mr Slater had reportedly been driven to.

IMO of course
I agree, but he's completely inexperienced, so possibly thought that he might suddenly happen upon civilization, so he could have just kept going. Perhaps he tried to cut down the steep side of the road and got completely disorientated, even more lost and unable to clamber back up to the road.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ont-lost--set-friend-nears-30-000-target.html

(L-R) Jay Slater and Lucy Law

Lucy was able to track down the house visited by Jay after the festival by tracing a snapchat picture, The Mirror reports. An American woman drove Lucy up into the rocky terrain where they found a house which matched the photo.

The people inside told her Jay had gone out for a cigarette before heading back inside to tell them he wanted to go home, it was reported. "They told me he'd spoken to the next-door neighbours and they'd told him there was a bus every ten minutes back down to Los Cristianos," Lucy said.

"The bus stop was right next to the house. So obviously if he'd gone to get the bus he wouldn't have got lost because it [the stop] was visible from the front door."

The last Snapchat picture shared by Jay before he vanished shows a hand holding a cigarette at a property in the Buenavista del Norte area at 7.30am on Monday, 45 minutes before his 8.15am call to Lucy
*eta:
Lucy continued: "The two boys he was last with have left the country. They need to be questioned by British police."

Another friend of Jay said: "We've been told the two guys Jay was last with are from Luton. One is known by the nickname Johnny Vegas. We're sure they know something.

"The island police say they have copies of their passports, but we've been told they flew back to Gatwick yesterday. We drove all round the ravine yesterday for 12 hours and we're getting out shouting and screaming Jay's name, but we couldn't find anything."

Lucy was able to track down the house visited by Jay after the festival by tracing a snapchat picture, The Mirror reports. An American woman drove Lucy up into the rocky terrain where they found a house which matched the photo.

The people inside told her Jay had gone out for a cigarette before heading back inside to tell them he wanted to go home, it was reported. "They told me he'd spoken to the next-door neighbours and they'd told him there was a bus every ten minutes back down to Los Cristianos," Lucy said.

"The bus stop was right next to the house. So obviously if he'd gone to get the bus he wouldn't have got lost because it [the stop] was visible from the front door."

The last Snapchat picture shared by Jay before he vanished shows a hand holding a cigarette at a property in the Buenavista del Norte area at 7.30am on Monday, 45 minutes before his 8.15am call to Lucy
*eta:
Lucy continued: "The two boys he was last with have left the country. They need to be questioned by British police."

Another friend of Jay said: "We've been told the two guys Jay was last with are from Luton. One is known by the nickname Johnny Vegas. We're sure they know something.

"The island police say they have copies of their passports, but we've been told they flew back to Gatwick yesterday. We drove all round the ravine yesterday for 12 hours and we're getting out shouting and screaming Jay's name, but we couldn't find anything."
I doubt they know a thing, Jay left the house on his own free will, the owner of the house said she saw Jay first on the road, then in the mountains, alone

If they were hitmen who wanted to finish him off it would be simple, pin him down and inject him with a fatal heroin overdose in the flat, given other drugs were likely in his system it would be a slam dunk case of misadventure far as police/courts concerned

Imho these 2 had as much to do with Jay’s disappearance as I did the JFK assassination

*eta:

tbh I think the whole circle should be questioned thoroughly and not just the two guys from the apartment

Speaking while overlooking a ravine where it is understood Jay’s phone last ‘pinged’, Lucy, who has just finished a college course in Travel and Tourism: “A lady said she last saw Jay at 8am walking at pace. She said her brother owns the house.”
*might this brother be part of the 'we' earlier referred to: ? *afaik this is the first i see talking about a brother

Ophelia shared that Jay has also asked about catching the bus from the area before making the journey on foot - which was the only route.

She aired her concerns about the teenager, but in the height of the media frenzy she stated: 'We are not to blame.'

tbh I think the whole circle should be questioned thoroughly and not just the two guys from the apartment
I think they probably will be - I presume Lucy and the group who are still in Tenerif already have been. But given the Spanish police have turned down offers of help from UK police forces, they may want to fly an investigator over from their own force to question anyone of interest who have already returned to Britain.

I think there is way too much over thinking going on. Young lad got confused over bus timings, started walking, got lost, ended up in dodgy terrain, phone ran out of battery, perished either through falling in rough terrain or heat exhaustion

Any 3rd party involvement is for the birds imho

I think there is way too much over thinking going on. Young lad got confused over bus timings, started walking, got lost, ended up in dodgy terrain, phone ran out of battery, perished either through falling in rough terrain or heat exhaustion

Any 3rd party involvement is for the birds imho
Anecdote: My brother (who never touched a drug in his life but drank a skinful) flew off to Greece on a lads holiday when he was about 18/19. He got very drunk and wound up by himself in a bar/club. He decided to walk back to the hotel, which was a straight shot down the street IF HE HAD TURNED RIGHT. However, his drunk *advertiser censored* made a left and he ended up on a beach at 5am, no clue where he was or which way was the right way to the hotel. He had to phone a friend, who came looking for him on the beach and it was only then they realised what he'd done.

Same brother also called me to admit he got drunk and let his sunburn get so bad he wasn't sure if he needed to go to the hospital for treatment. If he hadn't had a drink, that never would have happened because he's ginger and knows better.

My point being, teenagers abroad make stupid decisions while under the influence.

Just wondering, why would Spanish authorities NOT accept the help of British Police? Just wondering if it creates some sort of issues? Surely the more boots on the ground the better?
There will be an element of "too many cooks spoil the broth" but also the different laws and procedures between the countries could cause issues.

British police would have no legal jurisdiction in Tenerife - basically it's no better than asking the public to help search for him.

for what it's worth i 100% agree with BrianJohnson on this one

Speaking to MailOnline, Debbie, 55, revealed that there has been a new sighting. She said: 'Someone has come forward to say they saw someone who they thought was Jay walking back down the road sat on a bench.

'He was with two men looking a bit worse for wear, and they were by a church, this guy has come forward and told the police about it and they are looking into it. We don't know if it was Jay for sure, but it's a start.

They said it was about 6pm which is ten hours after he was seen by the lady in the village. But if it was him what was he doing there and who are these two men?

'All I know is that I am going to stay here for as long as it takes, I'm not going home unless it's with Jay. I'm not going anywhere until they find him.'

The sighting has not yet been officially confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks