Found Safe WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
MOO. AA and Nadia are on the run and cannot speak for themselves. Even given that, they each come across as passive observers in their own lives.

Both sets of parents’ various statements are centered on AA and Nadia future dreams (national guard / law school) without compelling evidence that either were actively pursuing said dreams. Which of course is why we’re questioning what their dreams really are.

The mothering manifesto by AA’s parents is more about allegedly awful mothering than about AA’s wonderful fathering. AA’s text messages are passive. AA’s parents’ statements about Nadia’s wonderful bond with Seraya are in context of Nadia-Seraya interactions in the presence of AA’s parents.

The various notes by AA’s parents are like doctor’s “sick notes” written for a 12-year-old to excuse school absences.

They allegedly absconded in AA’s parents’ car. Not in another vehicle. At least as far as we know.

Nadia waits until departure time to depart without saying farewell.

Their relationship comes across as like a middle school romance overly managed by AA’s meddling parents. Nadia’s parents perhaps trying to “cool off” a romance with a three-week vacation to Italy also seems like a move concerned parents would make to derail a tween romance vs an adult engagement.

This arrested development leads me to doubt AA and Nadia’s collective day-to-day abilities to manage their own lives even without a two-year-old in tow. On the plus side, AA’s parents likely understand this, hence the barrage of excuse notes for AA. Wherever AA and Nadia are, AA’s parents are fools if they did not arrange for nanny support, since custody (legal or illegal) of Seraya seems to one end game goal.

I hope little Seraya is found soon because she is not in capable adult hands with AA and Nadia, IMO.

edited by me for grammar
Well said.

And "mothering manifesto" had me LOL'ing hard. So perfect!

So, what date do we think AA absconded with Seraya?

And then, do we know where Nadia was on the days prior to that date?
Samara last saw Seraya May 29 when Aaron picked her up at the PD custody exchange. Samara was due to have Seraya back on June 3. When Aaron didn't show, Seraya was reported missing.

No way of knowing of course, but I'm guessing he took off as soon as he got her May 29. May 29 is also the day Nadia left her parents at the airport. Aaron had 5 days head start before anyone realized he had taken off.

"The child's mother, Samara Harmon, told KOMO News she last saw her daughter on May 29 when she dropped her off with Aung during a custody exchange at the Pullman Police Department"

I don't know.

I feel as though there should be more than mere suspicion to warrant a raid on the home and persons of family members. I think there should be some sort of probable cause that the family members were actually involved in some way.

No one was arrested, and we still don't know where AA, NC, and little Seraya are so it doesn't appear as though LE found much of value.

MOO, but I think we need to protect our 4th Amendment right to not allow unreasonable searches and seizures.

I think media attention makes LE jumpy, but has anyone seen the search warrant? I'd like to know how they justified the raid. Did they suspect the Aungs were harboring fugitives right there in the home? Did they have cause to think the Aung's were orchestrating (and paying for) the disappearance?

LE has come out and said they don't think Seraya is in any danger.

I hope they find her very soon and return her to Samara, but I also want to see our rights upheld.

I think the statement they put out more than implied they knew or were part of this scheme. They certainly justified it. If you justify your child's crime, I'm not going to weep when you get raided. Let's also not forget that AA lived with his parents. So it isn't just that his parents' home was raided. AA's home was raided. The fact that no arrest was made doesn't mean the raid was a waste of time. They could have simply been looking for clues in AA's room or around the house.

MOO.

Just wondering, and not trying to be a nay-sayer…. but has there been any evidence or proof that the two that absconded and the young child are still alive and just in hiding? MOO
Not that we know of.

Edited to add: There is nothing to indicate they are not alive, is what I meant to say. The assumption, afaik, is they are in hiding.

jmo

Last edited:
Not that we know of.

Edited to add: There is nothing to indicate they are not alive, is what I meant to say. The assumption, afaik, is they are in hiding.

jmo
Thanks. And that may just what the family wants one to think. Yet have to believe the authorities and others are well after them. I hope. MOO

There are specific steps LE must take before entering a home. Are you suggesting LE is not following those steps? I have seen nothing that indicates this isn't anything other than a lawful investigation.

jmo
No. I would not suggest LE is not following those steps, but we do know that in cases with high public pressure, LE has been known to use more aggressive tactics than they might otherwise have used.

The Aung's behavior, MOO, is highly suspicious. But, I've known families (deep south) who stuck together like glue and immediately presented a united front, even when it was counterproductive to do so. Some families just have that dynamic. I should say "unhealthy dynamic."

But, the raid is past now and Seraya is still not home. That leaves a couple of possibilities--the Aung family might have hidden their involvement so well, LE couldn't find it. I don't really buy that one. Or, the Aungs really don't know what happened, but they're still bound and determined to go to bat for AA, no matter what.

Just wondering, and not trying to be a nay-sayer…. but has there been any evidence or proof that the two that absconded and the young child are still alive and just in hiding? MOO
Good question.

Personally, MOO, if I were LE, I think I'd spend a bit of time following up AA's stated plans. How do we know there are not two bodies, a dad and a toddler, hidden somewhere in the mountains of Montana, and that a pretty blonde woman is now a brunette in hiding?

Again, just MOO. There could be more to this story than we think.

Thanks. And that may just what the family wants one to think. Yet have to believe the authorities and others are well after them. I hope. MOO
I hope so. But, the memory of Florida LE and the feds launching a massive manhunt for Brian Laundrie still haunts me. Yet, he was dead in the swamp the entire time.

Let's also not forget that AA lived with his parents.
Do we know this for certain? I’ve seen it referred to as the “family home” that “belongs to the parents” of AA, but I haven’t seen any mention of who actually lives there.

Parents might own several properties and bought this one for AA to live in? Or do they all live together? Did NC live with him/them while attending school?

Just wondering if the search was focused on AA, his parents, or both.

According to the law AA would have had a valid defense in the custodial interference case if he took Seraya because she was in imminent danger. However now that he has absconded with her, he has proven that this is nothing more than a pissing contest. He's won for the moment, but he will lose big in the long run.
If he had actual proof---for example snapped a pic of the stepbrother being there with the child for a sleepover, or the bio mom being high and incoherent at pick up, something that showed a serious imminent danger, THEN he could keep the child at his home past the return date by going to court for an EMERGENCY ORDER.

But he can't take her out of the country by setting up a hoax, involving multiple people and victims.

There has been nothing to say they aren't. As of now they are considered to be hiding/on the run or whatever the term should be. Until there is evidence I will still assume they are hiding. With the whole hoop-La of travel/ lies , family dirty laundry etc I can't see how they are now not alive. IMO

but she literally packed bags and planned a hoax, instead of just telling them she's not going???
It’s possible that she planned to go on the trip until she was contacted by Aung while she was at the airport and he told her to meet him because he took his daughter. This would explain the distressed look that she was reported as having at the train station.

It’s possible that she planned to go on the trip until she was contacted by Aung while she was at the airport and he told her to meet him because he took his daughter. This would explain the distressed look that she was reported as having at the train station.
Why would she leave her phone? Why would she not tell parents that there was an emergency? why would she just leave? Parents had no idea and hired a PI.

Why would she leave her phone?
I agree. If it was spur of the moment and events were unfolding in real time, she’d probably have a hard time traveling, getting a hold of AA, and finding him without a phone.

Unless she had a burner, or they had agreed on a meeting time and location in advance. Both of which would indicate this was planned.

IIRC, she left the airport in the morning, before AA picked up his daughter.

jmo

Yes he is charged with custodial interference - as it’s an offence
Yes, that is the charge. The post I was responding to (yours, I believe) incorrectly stated he is a "non-custodial" parent. That's simply not true. He & SH have shared custody. As others have also noted, he eventually may lose the shared custody he has now. But a charge (for not returning the child when he was supposed to) doesn't automatically negate the existing court-approved shared custody agreement.
MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back