MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree it is really hard to believe this kind of collusion actually happened. I prefer to think my local LE officers would not cover for a rogue cop. But it is, sadly, not reality what I believe. We have evidence that is what happened.
It wasn't even that.
It was apparently the most natural thing in the world for them, they all knew their roles..
Makes one wonder how 'commonplace are actions such as these?

No where did I hear that his phone was turned off. His phone could have been where most of us put it, back pocket. Health app steps is highly disputed and unreliable.

Please don't change what I said. I specifically excluded steps and stairs.

No one has said the health app TIME STAMP is not reliable. It's based on the PHONE time. John's phone was moving until 12:31. The steps and stairs on the app are probably accurate as well, but the time certainly is. Karen was gone several minutes before 12:31.

His GPS stopped at 12:25 which is when he entered the home and didn't leave alive. At some point it was turned off and turned back on again by whoever dumped his body on the lawn. It's called "staging the scene".

The defense didn't have John's phone. The CW witnesses did. Why do you think the CW hasn't addressed anything regarding whether the phone was ever turned off and on? We know it was on when he was found. And that's the extent of it.

Just going over the texts and the voicemails again.

I feel really sad for John, he spent his last day on earth calmly and rationally coping with being incessantly harassed and gas lighted by KR.

John gets forgotten.
He deserves to be remembered as the victim he is and he deserves to have his feelings and desperation with this escalating drama validated.

moo

Please don't change what I said. I specifically excluded steps and stairs.

No one has said the health app TIME STAMP is not reliable. It's based on the PHONE time. John's phone was moving until 12:31. The steps and stairs on the app are probably accurate as well, but the time certainly is. Karen was gone several minutes before 12:31.

His GPS stopped at 12:25 which is when he entered the home and didn't leave alive. At some point it was turned off and turned back on again by whoever dumped his body on the lawn. It's called "staging the scene".

The defense didn't have John's phone. The CW witnesses did. Why do you think the CW hasn't addressed anything regarding whether the phone was ever turned off and on? We know it was on when he was found. And that's the extent of it.
The defense hasn’t said anything about a phone being turned on and off either that I can remember. I’m pretty sure they can tell if it was.

Just going over the texts and the voicemails again.

I feel really sad for John, he spent his last day on earth calmly and rationally coping with being incessantly harassed and gas lighted by KR.

John gets forgotten.
He deserves to be remembered as the victim he is and he deserves to have his feelings and desperation with this escalating drama validated.

moo
So agree! He sounded like an amazing guy and I’m sure he’s so missed by his family & friends.

All roads lead to Michael Proctor.

If the jury believes he lied about anything (easy) they are allowed to discount everything he says. And if ever a witness was thoroughly discredited......
Michael Proctor did not kill or leave John out there in a blizzard to die.

He had nothing to do with the death of JO.

This critical most invaluable point will not be lost on a jury.

moo

Personally, I would like nothing more than Justice for John O'Keefe. He didn't deserve to die. In whichever manner you may think. I believe that he is rolling in his grave right now, mightily pizzed at the disaster that was the Investigation into his death. May the Truth be told. For John, as well as Karen Read. And all the people of MA. We all deserve better.

MOO

Michael Proctor did not kill or leave John out there in a blizzard to die.

He had nothing to do with the death of JO.

This critical most invaluable point will not be lost on a jury.

Michael Proctor wasn't at 34 Fairview when John was murdered. Are you saying this is in dispute? Can you explain if you are saying he was there?

He was the lead investigator. A very bad lead investigator. So bad he's under FBI and MSP investigations.

His testimony will not be lost on the jury.

I find Karen's late night calls to her parents to be strange if her story is to be believed.

Why would it be so important for a grown 40 year old women to repeatedly call her parents simply because her boyfriend isn't answering her text's? What does she expect them to do about that?

It doesn't add up to me. JMO.
For me personally her calls to her parents are a total non factor. We can hear on her voicemails to John that she was distraught/furious and that she thought he was actively cheating on her. It’s not a stretch to me at all she’d want to speak and rant to her parents in that context.

Pretty sure every seasoned police officer would laugh at the thought of putting a body in your front yard. Plus there is absolutely not evidence he entered the house and there is evidence he didn’t, his phone stayed in the same area all night.

There can’t be evidence of him being in the house if it was NEVER investigated.

Even the CW’s own witness didn’t say it stayed in the exact same spot, he said to within 3 feet, but that is disputed by other technical experts.

I hope I am not coming across like I am treating anyone as if they are 5. We are not solving crimes or changing the world here so take my comments at face value with no ill will intended.

Multiple people reported that she speculated she had hit John that morning. Some testified that she said "I hit him". She discussed this in the car while she was looking for him and discussed a broken tail light before JO was found. Now they are at the hospital and she is also apparently discussing it with her father. And when asked later he says very plainly to the reporter that she didn't hit him, but she remembers backing up and hitting something. Only in a later segment of that video (which could have been 30 minutes later in that interview with editing) does he backtrack and talk about the van. This is all very incriminating I think.

My problem with “Did I hit him” is that it also originated with JMc who has lied. Who is to say she didn’t plant that little nugget into KR’s head?

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
I can confidently say KR should be found not guilty. Did she hit him? I don’t know. No one will probably ever kniw unless the Feds have more.

Regardless though, these people messed up the investigation and felt their ties and re more important than JOK and justice for his death. Maybe their involvement was more sinister and maybe not but either way they stripped the possibility of justice from the O’Keefe family. IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
My problem with “Did I hit him” is that it also originated with JMc who has lied. Who is to say she didn’t plant that little nugget into KR’s head?

Did I hit him? is a fair question. I would have asked the same thing under those circumstances.

What Jen is lying about is the "I hit him" with no question mark at the end. She only changed her story removing the question mark much later.

No cop recorded Karen telling them she hit John. It's not in a single report. And she wasn't arrested at the scene.

It's ridiculous to keep saying she confessed at the scene when it's obvious she couldn't have.

<modsnip - no source>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads