WA WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why would she leave her phone?
Phones allow authorities to track. Leaving the phone shows preplanning IMO. If it were spur of the moment call or text from Aung, she would have been communicating with him while waiting at the airport with her family. If this was spur of the moment, she would have had to think it it was a serious emergency, then hide her distress from her family while she and Aung hatched a plan, and had the foresight to leave her phone. She would have also needed to know the public transportation schedule and stops - if she was a local maybe she already knew. News articles say there is footage of her boarding the light rail, but none about her departure from light rail.

Phones allow authorities to track. Leaving the phone shows preplanning IMO. If it were spur of the moment call or text from Aung, she would have been communicating with him while waiting at the airport with her family. If this was spur of the moment, she would have had to think it it was a serious emergency, then hide her distress from her family while she and Aung hatched a plan, and had the foresight to leave her phone. She would have also needed to know the public transportation schedule and stops - if she was a local maybe she already knew. News articles say there is footage of her boarding the light rail, but none about her departure from light rail.
According to this article there is footage from Sound Transit of Nadia exiting the Light Rail in downtown Seattle.

Sea-Tac security footage showed her leaving the airport wearing a black North Face jacket, a sage or olive green hoodie sweater, black yoga pants and white Converse sneakers and carrying a tan-colored shoulder bag, he said.

Then she was last seen on security footage from Sound Transit about 4 p.m. May 29 getting off the light rail at Third Avenue and University Street in downtown Seattle and walking toward the waterfront.

According to this article there is footage from Sound Transit of Nadia exiting the Light Rail in downtown Seattle.

Sea-Tac security footage showed her leaving the airport wearing a black North Face jacket, a sage or olive green hoodie sweater, black yoga pants and white Converse sneakers and carrying a tan-colored shoulder bag, he said.

Then she was last seen on security footage from Sound Transit about 4 p.m. May 29 getting off the light rail at Third Avenue and University Street in downtown Seattle and walking toward the waterfront.
Thanks, I had not noticed reports of her exiting light rail. That area is very populated downtown. I wonder if there is footage from other cameras of her walking. Maybe she banked on getting lost in the crowd, or maybe she changed her appearance of clothes up a bit. Wonder what the authorities have.

Per the Aung family statement they stress that Seraya is in good hands with both AA and NC. They do not sound confused or worried as NC’s parents do. This seems glaringly apparent so … seems they know something.

How could NC just leave her parents at the airport? I can’t even imagine that.

Do they have a stash of cash? How are they living, eating, buying diapers, etc. this must have been waaaay planned, or they e got help.

MOO

Thanks for sharing that……. This one point….. (RS&BBM): “Sea-Tac security footage showed her leaving the airport wearing a black North Face jacket, a sage or olive green hoodie sweater, black yoga pants and white Converse sneakers and carrying a tan-colored shoulder bag, he said.”

Sounds like pre-planned and coordinated IMO. Maybe eventually IMO both of these young adults will catch some charges? IMO seems both have earned them. MOO

Gosh … I’ve been moving and just checking in after a few days, cannot believe they haven’t been found! Where can they be? Also wondering about the Aung home search results… thought we’d hear something by now…

MOO, from having once been a fairly privileged college kid living in a college bubble... that is, I could afford to eat without making any tough decisions about ramen and plain oatmeal, I had a fairly luxe and safe place to live, I bought name brand dish soap and laundry detergent without thinking about it... but I was *dying* to go "be an adult." I was all for playing house. That wore off fast when the ex and I couldn't support the standard of living I thought was "nice." If Nadia is anything like I was, the escape and having a live-in partner and a cute toddler will be fun as long as she can live nicely by her standards, eat and shop as she's accustomed to, feel safe in their lodging, not get yelled at for spending on non-essentials, etc. If things get scroungy, she might break. Just MO.

MOO, from having once been a fairly privileged college kid living in a college bubble... that is, I could afford to eat without making any tough decisions about ramen and plain oatmeal, I had a fairly luxe and safe place to live, I bought name brand dish soap and laundry detergent without thinking about it... but I was *dying* to go "be an adult." I was all for playing house. That wore off fast when the ex and I couldn't support the standard of living I thought was "nice." If Nadia is anything like I was, the escape and having a live-in partner and a cute toddler will be fun as long as she can live nicely by her standards, eat and shop as she's accustomed to, feel safe in their lodging, not get yelled at for spending on non-essentials, etc. If things get scroungy, she might break. Just MO.
Depends on whether she's been brainwashed by him, and how deeply she believes in what they're doing. People will put up with a lot if there's some kind of ideology behind what they're doing, and that happens in cults, yes, but it can also happen in family and couple dynamics.

MOO

Personally I'm inclined not to think too much of this statement. Yes, they say she helped 'eagerly plan' this trip, but they also say the footage showed her 'hastily exiting the airport with a distressed expression' but that footage IMO shows her with quite a neutral expression. I think she knew exactly what she was doing, and was totally in on a plan at the time. Her parents just didn't know that. I think they might not understand their daughter the way they think they do. JMO MOO

Just my own thoughts here but maybe she was helping eagerly plan because she knew it''d be a perfect cover to 'escape'. Why a 22 year old was behaving like a minor who has to 'escape' her parents, I don't know. She could have honestly just said "I don't want to go on a trip" and even if that hurt their relationship as an adult she's entitled to do that. But I don't know their dynamic. I even wonder if she was thinking her mother would board without her, and thats why it was the perfect time? No parent would IMO but as a 'kid' you don't always think that way.
I still want to know more about Nadia. I've heard rumors that she didn't want to go on the trip to Italy, but her parents say differently in their statement.

I have to ask what would make Nadia do what she did if what her parents say is true. Here's her parents statement again.

“It is with deep concern and heavy hearts that we address the public regarding the sudden disappearance of our beloved daughter, Nadia. Nadia recently graduated from Washington State University with honors, marking a significant achievement in her academic journey.

Nadia was on the brink of embarking on a celebratory family vacation trip to Italy, a trip she and her mother had eagerly planned for over a year. However, what was supposed to be a joyous occasion turned into a nightmare when Nadia left her belongings at the gate to use the restroom and never returned.

Security footage revealed Nadia hastily exiting the airport with a distressed expression, and the last known sighting of her was near the light rail platform north of the parking garage. Since her disappearance on May 29, 2024, there has been no further contact or sighting of her.

Nadia is cherished by the hundreds of people who know her, and the circumstances surrounding her disappearance are entirely out of character for her. We are utterly devastated by her disappearance and are fervently praying for her safe return.

We implore anyone with information regarding Nadia’s whereabouts or any leads that could aid in her safe return to contact the authorities at 877-220-8129. Any piece of information, no matter how insignificant it may seem, could be crucial in bringing Nadia back to us.

As we navigate this distressing ordeal, we ask for privacy and respect during this difficult time. Our only desire is to reunite with our beloved daughter, and we remain hopeful that she will come back to us unharmed.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Beata and Kirk Cole”

Why a 22 year old was behaving like a minor who has to 'escape' her parents, I don't know. She could have honestly just said "I don't want to go on a trip" and even if that hurt their relationship as an adult she's entitled to do that. But I don't know their dynamic. I even wonder if she was thinking her mother would board without her, and thats why it was the perfect time? No parent would IMO but as a 'kid' you don't always think that way.

Maybe she did want to go but didn’t have the heart to tell them being a tool for her bf’s kidnapping plan came first. Terrible thing to do to your family. Perhaps the bf goaded her into it. It’s crazy to me how many people go missing at an airport or on the way to/from.

I’m a little bit confused why she would aid her bf in kidnapping a child that isn’t hers and leave her entire life behind. Do we know how long AA and NC have been dating?

I’ve been 22 before…I’ve loved some truly narcissistic people, I don’t think I could be convinced to ditch my family at the airport and take off with my bf’s child to another country. The family’s bizarre press statement seems to signal this family thinks only the best of themselves.

I feel for Seraya’s mother. Idk what weight the allegations the Aung family has, but the press statement just came across as a justification for AA kidnapping his daughter IMO.

It’s possible that she planned to go on the trip until she was contacted by Aung while she was at the airport and he told her to meet him because he took his daughter. This would explain the distressed look that she was reported as having at the train station.

she left her phone with her parents when she went to the bathroom
they have not said anything about a call or message from Aung on the phone
so are you suggesting she had a burner phone?
because that would also support the idea of a plan in advance

I’m a little bit confused why she would aid her bf in kidnapping a child that isn’t hers and leave her entire life behind. Do we know how long AA and NC have been dating?
SBM
BBM

This confuses me, too. Many young women love children, but most who aspire to be mothers dream of having their own children. I've known several women who married men with children, but not one became obsessed with those children to the point they would consider interfering in custody.

The only thing I can think (MOO) is that AA convinced NC that Samara was abusing Seraya to the point that NC agreed to go along with the plan to save the child. Because the family court was putting Seraya in danger.

Did AA do that? Did he convince NC that little Seraya was in danger and they must act now?

Why not wait until NC came back from her graduation trip? Was AA so obsessive and controlling that he didn't want NC to go on the trip? I've known men like that.

So many unknowns right now. I hope we one day get the answers.

Yes, that is the charge. The post I was responding to (yours, I believe) incorrectly stated he is a "non-custodial" parent. That's simply not true. He & SH have shared custody. As others have also noted, he eventually may lose the shared custody he has now. But a charge (for not returning the child when he was supposed to) doesn't automatically negate the existing court-approved shared custody agreement.
MOO
I mustn’t have been clear enough with what I meant - he was supposed to return Seraya to her mother weeks ago - the custodial parent at that time should have been Serayas mother.

Ie that means he wouldn’t have had custody or non custodial at that point in time.

Semantics really. he has committed an offence by not returning Seraya, his chances of being a custodial parent after this are likely to be very low.

I mustn’t have been clear enough with what I meant - he was supposed to return Seraya to her mother weeks ago - the custodial parent at that time should have been Serayas mother.

Ie that means he wouldn’t have had custody or non custodial at that point in time.

Semantics really. he has committed an offence by not returning Seraya, his chances of being a custodial parent after this are likely to be very low.
IF the facts are as they appear, I expect AA will certainly lose custody eventually. I am not taking his "side" but a charge isn't a conviction and there's a lot we don't know.

I have never heard of shared custody meaning that during a parent's "off-week" they turn into a "non-custodial parent."
MOO

Why not wait until NC came back from her graduation trip? Was AA so obsessive and controlling that he didn't want NC to go on the trip? I've known men like that.
Snipped

Very good question. What kind of good guy would make a plan that ruins a family vacation and takes away a lifetime of fun memories for his girlfriend? Of course, NC was the one responsible for leaving the airport and ditching her parents, but I think she did that "for" AA.

Why not wait three weeks?

My guess is because he was afraid her parents would convince her not to get too serious with him.

To me, that implies he wasn't very confident in himself if he thought NC's affections would sour after a three-week break. Sure seems that if her parents weren't happy about their relationship, they were right.

Still, why not wait three weeks and go away with him without the airport drama?? Why was that part of the plan?

jmo

Yes, that is the charge. The post I was responding to (yours, I believe) incorrectly stated he is a "non-custodial" parent. That's simply not true. He & SH have shared custody. As others have also noted, he eventually may lose the shared custody he has now. But a charge (for not returning the child when he was supposed to) doesn't automatically negate the existing court-approved shared custody agreement.
MOO

IF the facts are as they appear, I expect AA will certainly lose custody eventually. I am not taking his "side" but a charge isn't a conviction and there's a lot we don't know.

I have never heard of shared custody meaning that during a parent's "off-week" they turn into a "non-custodial parent."
MOO
a charge is a charge - LE don’t charge for the fun of it, there’s a reason why they have charged him.

It’s a pretty simple concept to understand that someone is a non custodial parent while the child is in the custody of the other parent. IE. the child isn’t in their custody.

a charge is a charge - LE don’t charge for the fun of it, there’s a reason why they have charged him.

It’s a pretty simple concept to understand that someone is a non custodial parent while the child is in the custody of the other parent. IE. the child isn’t in their custody.
We still have due process though. A charge is a charge but not a conviction. Hopefully people serving as jurors understand that although sometimes they don't. Sometimes people think "he wouldn't have been charged unless he was guilty." (Pretty horrifying to hear a fellow juror say that!)

The terms "custodial parent" and "non-custodial parent" aren't typically used the way you've described them. It may be simple but I don't think it's accurate.
MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Natashatheinvestigator
Back