TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, if the point of a random killing is to prove you killed somebody you’d leave the body in plain sight even if the victim was removed from the area for the killing. That’s just my opinion, but you generally see hidden bodies when there is a connection between the victim and the killer (even if the connection is only DNA which would not likely transfer in a gang killing).
OK— thanks for your reply! That makes sense.

I really don’t see how Caleb could have come across gang members in his day to day life anyway, unless something totally random. He was busy with his regimen of school, room mates, family, gaming and fishing.

Will await further developments. Praying Caleb will be found soon.

OK— thanks for your reply! That makes sense.

I really don’t see how Caleb could have come across gang members in his day to day life anyway, unless something totally random. He was busy with his regimen of school, room mates, family, gaming and fishing.

Will await further developments. Praying Caleb will be found soon.
Yes, I think the fact that he hasn’t been found and that there aren’t even really any updates to report, has us spinning our wheels and overthinking. I know I’ve been thinking myself in circles about this case….

LE has not said a single word or released anything new since the initial information and timeline, right? Like no further details at all were released.

Minus appeals for information and tips that they are still working on this case obviously and that they cloned his phone and it is a digital investigation at this point (after Caleb's IG was seen active and a little stir was caused online) so they released that statement to squash that I assume and suspected foul play.

I'm guessing the foul play is because they don't feel he would voluntarily leave so that is the other option? or is there more reason to believe there was something nefarious happening?

We've heard through Jen Coffindaffer and Tony they have more information? but from LE its been silent if i'm correct
I could be forgetting stuff.

So really not a single solitary thing after initial timeline... I guess that is normal?

LE has not said a single word or released anything new since the initial information and timeline, right? Like no further details at all were released.

Minus appeals for information and tips that they are still working on this case obviously and that they cloned his phone and it is a digital investigation at this point (after Caleb's IG was seen active and a little stir was caused online) so they released that statement to squash that I assume and suspected foul play.

I'm guessing the foul play is because they don't feel he would voluntarily leave so that is the other option? or is there more reason to believe there was something nefarious happening?

We've heard through Jen Coffindaffer and Tony they have more information? but from LE its been silent if i'm correct

So really not a single solitary thing after initial timeline... I guess that is normal?
I guess it’s normal if that’s all they have. Or if they feel the need to deliberately hold information back. But yeah, there’s really been nothing further.

The Corpus Christi Chronica is reporting human remains found in the city pump station located near Caleb's apartment, and is asking the question, "Could this be Caleb Harris".

Sorry, I can't get the facebook link to post.
Yes, thanks.
I see it.

IMG_1606.jpeg

I know that they have said that they suspect foul play, but I continue to have doubts and believe that death by misadventure is much more likely.

SBM
Do you think they deducted that from phone pings?
I think they must believe he walked away and met up with someone outside the front gate because of where his phone was pinging....yes. And I also wonder if they actually do have security footage that they haven't disclosed. That's pure speculation on my part though.
I just have a feeling they are on to something because they are so quiet about this case. That's been my experience in 20 years of following cases. They often don't even fully update the family when it's information that's very sensitive.
The Corpus Christi Chronica is reporting human remains found in the city pump station located near Caleb's apartment, and is asking the question, "Could this be Caleb Harris".

Sorry, I can't get the facebook link to post.
I just saw that.

Even if it's not Caleb.....someone has lost his or her life and a family has lost a loved one.

Last edited:
“CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Human remains have been found inside a water lift station near Ennis Joslin at Lexington and Holly Road, CCPD confirmed to 3NEWS.
CCFD is currently trying to come up with a plan to extract the remains, per CCPD.
There's no evidence at this time that these human remains are in any way connected to the disappearance of Caleb Harris. However, the location -- not far from Harris' apartment complex -- is fueling online speculation.”

Looking at a map, it’s not far from Oso Bay preserve. :( sad for whoever it may be

Last edited:
Why at 2-3am? Other then he was just being proactive, but that still strikes me as a little odd. Does it give him a cover to maybe leave and enter the apartment at night to not make his roommates wonder about it? Cause oh its just caleb getting his late night uber eats? so they dont think much of him maybe leaving and coming at night?
It's just more expensive, longer, less convenient to do that at that time normally. Not efficient or practical IMO.

(snipped for focus)

I initially thought this as well, especially after it was clarified that the order was no-contact (deliver at porch). However, I don't really think that the timeline supports this. The second roommate telling Caleb he was headed to bed meant that Caleb did not need to have a reason to be outside.

Info on timeline here - Law enforcement agencies suspect foul play in case of missing Texas college student

I know that they have said that they suspect foul play, but I continue to have doubts and believe that death by misadventure is much more likely.
The only reason why I believe (slightly) in foul play/homicide over death by misadventure is the lack of evidence. Say he fell into a river, there should be more evidence. Though I also admit that a 'perfect crime' with this little evidence also seems unlikely.

(snipped for focus)

I initially thought this as well, especially after it was clarified that the order was no-contact (deliver at porch). However, I don't really think that the timeline supports this. The second roommate telling Caleb he was headed to bed meant that Caleb did not need to have a reason to be outside.

Info on timeline here - Law enforcement agencies suspect foul play in case of missing Texas college student

The only reason why I believe (slightly) in foul play/homicide over death by misadventure is the lack of evidence. Say he fell into a river, there should be more evidence. Though I also admit that a 'perfect crime' with this little evidence also seems unlikely.
I had to look up what a water lift station was. Looks a bit like a combination of a septic tank and a canal lock.

It has a reservoir like a septic tank. With an access hatch.

MOO

It sounds like it’s skeletal remains found by city workers. I wonder how much time it takes to identify?
Wow. This could be his remains. Last week there was a tropical storm that dumped more than 5 inches of rain in that area. Maybe the rain dislodged the remains and that is why they are just now being found.

“CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Human remains have been found inside a water lift station near Ennis Joslin at Lexington and Holly Road, CCPD confirmed to 3NEWS.
CCFD is currently trying to come up with a plan to extract the remains, per CCPD.
There's no evidence at this time that these human remains are in any way connected to the disappearance of Caleb Harris. However, the location -- not far from Harris' apartment complex -- is fueling online speculation.”

Looking at a map, it’s not far from Oso Bay preserve. :( sad for whoever it may be
The paper itself asked if it might be Caleb Harris. So they were clearly promoting speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member