MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg guys, we’re almost done with this trial. Anyone else a little sad? I’ve loved getting to spend the past few weeks chatting with y’all! Thanks to everyone who provided such stimulating convo and debate!

Well this case involves many of the same law enforcement players and has a thread here on WS. Her death was ruled suicide which never made sense and the family hired expert who has apparently ruled it homicide.Very disturbing case.

https://www.cbsnews.com/boston/news/sandra-birchmore-death-homicide-stoughton-police-investigation/

Great post! I'd like to add to it if you don't mind? This could take some time.

- Why did Higgins dispose of his phone, on a military base on the exact same day as Brian Albert did that also just happened to be the day before an preserve evidence order was delivered to both of them?

- Why didn't Brian Albert not go outside and why did he not attend the funeral of JOand retire right after this?

- Why didn't Higgins go to JO's funeral?

- Why did Higgins go to work that night and spend most of the day at the police station hanging around the garage where evidence was being held ON HIS DAY OFF?

- Why did Higgins go to rehab right after this incident?

- Why did Higgins text " Tell them the guy never came into the house" if he knew JO on a 1st name basis?

- Why did JM call JO that a man was in the snow if she's such a close friend of him on the 911 Call.

- Why are all these cops driving drunk?

- Why ALL those supposed "Butt Dials"?

-Why did the Alberts sell their house for $50,000 under market value in a booming real estate market after also spending the money to redo their basement and remove the basement doors that led to the backyard?

- How does Colin Albert ignore all natural instincts to break a fall on ice not with his hands but with his knuckles to explain bruises on said knuckles?

- Why does Colin Albert and very good friend Erin Beatty all of a sudden stop texting patterns and stop using regular text and start using another app that doesn't keep records of their texts?

- Why does Erin Beatty's 360 app show her at a different place then she said she was on the morning of the murder?

- How does the Library camera not record at the exact time KR passes it which would show her tail-light not broken after she dropped off JO @ the Albert's but records her every other time she passes it?

- Why weren't photos taken of KR's broken tail light before it was towed to the police station? Why was it driven to Canton PD which was a conflict of interest?

- Why weren't any other people investigated?

- Why would the crime scene not be secured?

- Why was evidence not secured??

- Why was a leaf blower used in the front yard to blow snow all over the place possibly covering up more evidence that could point to other culprits?

- Why is Trooper proctor still working for the Mass State Police?

- Why is Trooper (It Just Is and Stuff) paul still employed?

- Why are so many of the witnesses bald? ( too many to be a coincidence IMO)

- Why were so many things deleted on JM's phone and others who were involved with the case and yet Karen didn't delete anything including texts that might implicate her?

- Why did proctor delete some of KR texts?

- Why did the prosecution spend 90% of their time defending their witnesses instead of presenting hard evidence?

- Why wasn't standard accident science and protocols not used by the police in their accident reconstruction?

- Why was the Sally-Port video reversed when shown in court?

- Why were selective DNA swabs sent in, instead of the whole shirt?

- Why didn't all these good friends and co-workers of JO not attend his funeral?

I have a lot more but I have other stuff to do. I'm going to leave with one last question:

- Why did all these people act so shady and be so willing to throw Karen Read under the bus with such vengeance and hatred while jeopardizing their careers by breaking the law themselves?
YOW!!!!
Yep we will add them all.

I also want to say at the very minimum all of them, Karen, everyone involved et al should be charged with driving under the influence, it’s flat out disgusting all these people did that, and I bet my life that it wasn’t the first time

Last edited:
Like I said in other post for every expert that says one thing, there’s another with a totally different view. Number one eye witness has already told us what happened. I hit him, I hit him, I hit him.
The CW’s witness, the ME, also couldn’t say that his injures were consistent with a car accident.

And the witness said KR said “could I have hit him?”

Interesting choice to weight that kind of comment over experts saying this couldn’t possibly be from a car, the damage couldn’t be from striking JO, the black box data registered no collisions or impacts, the key cycle data registered no trigger events when she was driving that night, a witness was there nearly the entire time KR was outside Fairview and didn’t see or hear anything, etc.

Last edited:
There is no one who acted more bizarrely that evening that Higgins.
  • Sent that "Ummmmm Well?" text to KH while they were both at the Waterfall
  • Arrived at 34 Fairview before everyone else and plowed the driveway for some reason, even thought there was minimal snow
  • Texted John "where you at" to get him to come to the house, but then claims he left pretty soon thereafter
  • The magical jeep that only some people saw in front of the house
  • Takes one hour to drive a couple of miles to the police department. Says it was due to the bad weather, even though he was driving a jeep and others (Karen, Matt McCabe, Caitlin's boyfriend) were all driving at more or less normal speeds
  • Goes to police department that night to move cars around
  • Simultaneous butt dials between him and Brian Albert
  • Next morning he goes into the PD and spends the entire day there even though he's off that day.
And then of course there's all the curious stuff with him going onto a military base and destroying his phone.
I agree with this and Higgins. I’ll add in another piece between the “ummmm well” text and Fairview. When they were all leaving Waterfall the video shows Higgins and crew moving toward door and JOK still over by where they had all been at bar area. You can see Higgins gesturing at JOK like c’mon seemingly angrily but hard to say. Chris Albert grabbed Higgins like to hold him back. Jen McCabe had also still been in bar area and looked up sharply at whatever commotion Higgins causing. Don’t forget this is about time Jen tried to pull Karen away for a “surprise.” The Higgins crowd left bar and Karen, Jen, and JOK also exited shortly after. On way to Fairview Higgins texted JOK to make sure coming. We all know Jen was texting and calling JOk to make sure coming. This is all to say I think Higgins got mad about Karen and decided to out her to JOK. McCabe realized and tried to separate Karen so Higgins could say something. That didn’t pan out at Waterfall so they instead wanted him to come to house and Higgins planned to say something. So did John enter the house and Higgins said something and altercation ensued?

If I were to hypothesize what happened that night, I believe Colin got angry at OJO and punched him. I believe it happened in that basement. Maybe even only one punch. I believe he fell and hit is head on a piece of exercise equipment. It was quick and it freaked out those in attendance. I think the coverup didn’t originate with framing KR. I think that occurred later especially with Jen Mc’s help. I think the reason Colin was driving around that night because he freaked out. It appears to me that the coverup in the house and getting rid of the dog didn’t happen until it was made clear that questions were actually being asked by KR’s defense. There was no need until that time. There is just too much pointing to a coverup - not necessarily a massive conspiracy.

Why wasn’t there asphalt or concrete or small rocks in the head wound?

Why all the calls that night and deleted texts - not by KR! Imagine this - the defendant didn’t delete any!!

Why were two very important phones destroyed - even their SIM cards? On the very same day?! In a very strange place

Why did the investigation completely ignore ANY other possible reason for his death? Why wasn’t the house looked at?

Why in the WORLD would any related party believe they should stay in the investigation of this incident?

Why in the world did Higgins go to work drunk and stay there for many many hours near the evidence collection on his day off??

How in the world would the CW proceed with the prosecution of KR without any evidence that he died from being hit by an automobile and worse with zero sensible way - even time wise - for this to have happened? Especially after the FBI became involved?!

<modsnip: Quoted/referenced post was removed> ... Let’s recap:

Trooper Paul testified that he believes a car traveling 25 mph in reverse hit JO on the arm, breaking only the taillight and causing another small dent, and propelling JO 30 feet into the front yard. And that the crime scene and (lack of) injuries support this theory.

The experts today testified that every single one of these points simply isnt possible by using physics, kinetics, actual event reconstruction and replicating conditions and testing the outcome.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: Quoted/referenced post was removed> ... Let’s recap:

Trooper Paul testified that he believes a car traveling 25 mph in reverse hit JO on the arm, breaking only the taillight and causing another small dent, and propelling JO 30 feet into the front yard. And that the crime scene and (lack of) injuries support this theory.

The experts today testified that every single one of these points simply isnt possible by using physics, kinetics, actual event reconstruction and replicating conditions and testing the outcome.

<modsnip>

Is this not what you heard?
<modsnip: Quoted post was modsnipped>

I said that experts often testify differently in trials and I wasn't surprised in this case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member