MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think JOK got the head injury in the house.

For me, the question is…why?

Maybe BH is a psycho and wanted revenge

Maybe CA is a psycho and wanted revenge

Or…maybe JOK knew something/had info and BA thought he was a rat

Or maybe John started something with someone over someone else the second he got in the house and a little punk and a big dog got involved to help out and things went badly very quickly?

Charging Conference /Jury instruction hearing

Karen Read Trial: Jury instruction hearing​

Attorneys are expected to debate jury instructions following the conclusion of testimony in the murder trial of Karen Read, the Massachusetts woman accused of striking her Boston police officer boyfriend with her sport utility vehicle and leaving him to die in a snowbank. Closing arguments in the case are scheduled for Tuesday morning. Read, 43, of Mansfield, has pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder and other charges. The prosecution says she hit her boyfriend, John O'Keefe, with her vehicle outside of a home in Canton during a snowstorm on Jan. 29, 2022, following a night of drinking. Her defense plans to argue that someone else is responsible for killing O'Keefe.

MA v. Karen Read Day 30 - Charging Conference | COURT TV​

After the jury was dismissed, the attorneys and the Judge discussed jury instructions and the charges against #KarenRead before Closing Arguments on Tuesday. Read is charged with second-degree murder for the death of her Boston cop boyfriend John O'Keefe. The Defense argues she's being framed.

I am so confused! The jury generally choses their own foreperson, right??

So, I googled to get an answer. Most of the results come up that the jury picks their own foreperson. However, there were some that say in some "districts", the judge will assign a foreperson. This was new to me!
At the end of the charge conference the question of picking foreperson and alternates came up. Judge Bev said that in Mass. the judge picks the foreperson, and she would do that.

There was also discussion with the judge and the male clerk about how to select the alternates, he said he usually used their chair number, but a couple jurors changed chairs for comfort reasons, so the judge told him to use their original 3 digit juror number. He wasn't sure they would all remember their number, so Bev told him they would discuss it a little later.

The huge problem with criminal conspiracy... especially among several parties involved in city government, in law enforcement and many civilians... is you can never back out. From the biggest actor (responsible for the set up) to the smallest player (who may have told one small lie), everyone remains forever responsible for his/her part in the collusion. Kind of like Hotel California.

"I might be in trouble, what should I do" "I drove drunk, I bumped into John and now I can't find him. He's a cop." "I might be getting a DWI"
OR

“Im home alone with his kids again”

“I’m so scared and lonely and don’t know what to do”

“He’s not answering”

“I love him but I think he is out with someone else”

I want to say Karen is innocent, and the evidence clearly points to a cover up, Yet it is hard to rationalize her behavior 'did I hit him' maybe he was hit by a snow plow hysterics that morning. baffling.

I don't find it baffling at all. She was intoxicated the night before and finds her boyfriend lying on the ground not far from where she left him off.

What's the first thing that would have come to your mind? That his head was bashed in by someone in the house and he was carried out to die in the cold? Or maybe you hit him and you didn't feel it?

John's house is situated on a main road (his garage faces Pleasant Street) and she probably heard plows going up and down the street all night. What happened to him? Did he walk home? Did one of those plows hit him? It is not unusual for people to start thinking of the worst when a loved one goes missing.

One thing is 100% for me. She didn't hit him and that taillight was planted.

I don't find it baffling at all. She was intoxicated the night before and finds her boyfriend lying on the ground not far from where she left him off.

What's the first thing that would have come to your mind? That his head was bashed in by someone in the house and he was carried out to die in the cold? Or maybe you hit him and you didn't feel it?

John's house is situated on a main road (his garage faces Pleasant Street) and she probably heard plows going up and down the street all night. What happened to him? Did he walk home? Did one of those plows hit him? It is not unusual for people to start thinking of the worst when a loved one goes missing.

One thing is 100% for me. She didn't hit him and that taillight was planted.
Agree. She knows he got out of the car and never responded to her again and not home. Plows have hit and killed people unfortunately.

I’m interested to hear what the Karen Read absolutely hit him people have to think now and not in malicious/mean way, more towards did the testimony today sway your opinion at all
Not debating, but nope didn’t change my mind. She made be found not guilty but she’s far from innocent in my mind.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

Why does it imply consciousness of guilt? Does someone know how close or not her and her parents are or how often they call each other? If I couldn’t find my partner I’d definitely call my parents. Doesn’t mean I’m a murderer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Think Jillian is Julie Albert's sister. Julie, wife of Chris, pizza man, and mother of Colin.

Jen's sister is Nicole Albert, wife of Brian, formerly a Boston PO.

It is hard to keep all these people straight!

There was a semi amusing moment in there when Jackson asked if Wolf had received any info that JO was holding a pneumatic cannon. Judge let it pass.
He said INconsistent!

Could you tell me what was wrong with their testimony or what you disagreed with
Like I said in other post for every expert that says one thing, there’s another with a totally different view. Number one eye witness has already told us what happened. I hit him, I hit him, I hit him.

you don''t think the BA/BH call is odd? Truly?

also did you see my question about FBI hired experts testimony?

you have responded to a bunch of posts but not mine
What they are saying is that everyone is making a big deal out of the butt dials between BA & BH but then brush off Karen's calls to her parents during the night while she was drunk.

Like I said in other post for every expert that says one thing, there’s another with a totally different view. Number one eye witness has already told us what happened. I hit him, I hit him, I hit him.
Ok, I get this, I would say the ramblings of a very drunk person can be erratic and nonsensical especially if other (drunk) people are telling you ideas, which, I personally don’t think takes precedent over factual scientific information.

It's very common in a trial to have experts testify differently. So no surprise here.

I also find Karen Read's statements to be incriminating and I feel the calls to her parents that night to be suspicious. JMO

What they are saying is that everyone is making a big deal out of the butt dials between BA & BH but then brush off Karen's calls to her parents during the night while she was drunk.
My head hurts. Makes NO sense because THEY DESTROYED their phones after getting a heads up they were going to be taken the next day and along with many BUTT dials to each other, who were together at the house where JO was. NO comparison at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper