TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear. That is tragic.
I guess at least this will bring closure to one family missing a loved one.

I also wonder, did I correctly hear the reporter mention a manhole? So that reporter thinks this victim fell into a manhole? Others here mentioning a hutch. I guess it will become clear with time.

I recall a while back someone was posting a video and showing open manhole covers near the apartments. One open one was found in the field right next to the apartment complex. Could he have accidentally fallen into a manhole and was stuck in there for a while and them somehow his body decomposed and eventually was pushed toward the pump station? Gosh this is so close. Seems he may have been just right there all along.
Well that would explain things for sure. You'd think they would have searched them, at least to the extent that's possible. There's no evidence he was intoxicated, so falling in some body of water and drowning didn't make a lot of sense to me. Some sort of freak thing through an opening I guess.

I am a little confused about where the body was located exactly and where/what is the pump station. The address you gave here is EXTREMELY close to where he was last seen. Straight down the little creek. But I recall them saying there wasn't really any water in there at the time?
Oh okay, I'll see if this helps.

Here's the screen shot from 5302 Lexington Rd. It matches the screen shots taken of where LE responded to. There's a tan/brown shack at the end of this asphalt road with city water lines outside of it.
1719278355532.png

And here's the screen shot from someone at the scene that took a photo of the First Responders' vehicles to show that this is the correct spot. You can tell by the guardrail, gray garage & canal.

1719278804319.png

Oh okay, I'll see if this helps.

Here's the screen shot from 5302 Lexington Rd. It matches the screen shots taken of where LE responded to. There's a tan/brown shack at the end of this asphalt road with city water lines outside of it.
View attachment 512938

And here's the screen shot from someone at the scene that took a photo of the First Responders' vehicles to show that this is the correct spot. You can tell by the guardrail, gray garage & canal.

View attachment 512940
Where's the manhole, that he was found in at here? Still trying to digest this. Thank you

Well, if it is in fact Caleb, then this all finally makes sense; some sort of tragic accident.
My sister is familiar with this location and she said they call it caca canyon...it is known for its foul sewer odor. She said the smell was strong enough that people naturally kept their distance, which makes me think its a good place to hide a body..or the manhole cover accident seems plausible too

I guess it will be a while before we have more definitive answers. IMO, it would be better to believe this poor soul, whether Caleb or someone else, died by a random accident than being killed at the hands of another.

I’m just remembering that LE seemed certain Caleb had met with foul play and that digital forensics held the key to his disappearance.
There must be something to that theory, why else involve the US Marshall’s , FBI, Secret Service and assorted federal agencies? Or they are all wrong which seems improbable? All IMO.

I guess it will be a while before we have more definitive answers. IMO, it would be better to believe this poor soul, whether Caleb or someone else, died by a random accident than being killed at the hands of another.

I’m just remembering that LE seemed certain Caleb had met with foul play and that digital forensics held the key to his disappearance.
There must be something to that theory, why else involve the US Marshall’s , FBI, Secret Service and assorted federal agencies? Or they are all wrong which seems improbable? All IMO.
I think it’s because that was the only thing left. They searched that area thoroughly, and perhaps there is truth to him meeting people online.

If there’s no sign of an accident or suicide, then the alternative increases in probability. People don’t just vanish without a trace, not really.

But both things can be true at the same time. People who partake in secretive activities can have freak accidents just like anyone else.

There’s just so much we don’t know at this stage, to include it that body is in fact his, and if this was in fact an accident.

I’d bet a lot of money on both of those things being true though.

I think it’s because that was the only thing left. They searched that area thoroughly, and perhaps there is truth to him meeting people online.

If there’s no sign of an accident or suicide, then the alternative increases in probability. People don’t just vanish without a trace, not really.

But both things can be true at the same time. People who partake in secretive activities can have freak accidents just like anyone else.

There’s just so much we don’t know at this stage, to include it that body is in fact his, and if this was in fact an accident.

we also do not know that this body- whomever it is- has been here the whole time esp if this area was searched

we also do not know that this body- whomever it is- has been here the whole time esp if this area was searched
That’s much easier to believe, based on that water system, then someone returning a decomposed body to a place where everyone has been focused. There’s zero reason to do that, and it’s insanely risky.

I can’t tell you how many cases I’ve followed where bodies have been found in areas that have already been thoroughly searched. I think there’s actually a thread on that topic.

That makes sense— a process of elimination of sorts.
I need to look at a map// maybe he was walking to Oso preserve and took a short cut across the field with the open manhole? Or saw another cool photo opportunity and slipped and fell ?

“CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Human remains have been found inside a water lift station near Ennis Joslin at Lexington and Holly Road, CCPD confirmed to 3NEWS.
CCFD is currently trying to come up with a plan to extract the remains, per CCPD.
There's no evidence at this time that these human remains are in any way connected to the disappearance of Caleb Harris. However, the location -- not far from Harris' apartment complex -- is fueling online speculation.”

Looking at a map, it’s not far from Oso Bay preserve. :( sad for whoever it may be
40 feet deep?! Oh my gosh...

Noting:

The collection point, which is around 40 feet deep, was full of wastewater and had to be drained safely before CCFD crews could attempt to retrieve the remains. Those who searched had to wear hazmat suits.

That makes sense— a process of elimination of sorts.
I need to look at a map// maybe he was walking to Oso preserve and took a short cut across the field with the open manhole? Or saw another cool photo opportunity and slipped and fell ?
It was foggy too, so his vision may have been somewhat limited.

That’s much easier to believe, based on that water system, then someone returning a decomposed body to a place where everyone has been focused. There’s zero reason to do that, and it’s insanely risky.

I can’t tell you how many cases I’ve followed where bodies have been found in areas that have already been thoroughly searched. I think there’s actually a thread on that topic.
curious how these remains were discovered now... and if they could have "washed in" from elsewhere too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3