TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My personal theory was always an accident with some kind of water/construction pipe or inadequately closed-off space. I was betting on it being inside the apartment complex because we know that was not fully searched, but I guess they didn't fully search much of anything. This location is so close to where he was known to be last. It should have been within the perimeter of initial search efforts. Especially as it seems like such an obvious hazard!

MOO, of course.

Even if it's not Caleb, I hope the identification doesn't take long and a family gets some closure and answers.

And I do hope it was an accident. Sad as that would be, it's the kinder alternative.

This is the Corpus Christi Lift Station Response Plan. It is 110 pages.

From page 2:
The Wastewater Facility Manager oversees the dedicated crews responsible for operation and
maintenance of the lift stations, including the response to failures. City crews routinely visit each lift station, many on a daily basis and others several times per week. The City’s team of
electricians and mechanical repair staff are responsible for troubleshooting any identified failure and performing the remedial measures necessary to resolve the failure event. Additional staff is engaged on an as-needed basis.

40 feet deep?! Oh my gosh...

Noting:

The collection point, which is around 40 feet deep, was full of wastewater and had to be drained safely before CCFD crews could attempt to retrieve the remains. Those who searched had to wear hazmat suits.
If this thing is 40 feet deep then how in the world did they ever find a body?

Yeah I just don't know how manholes/stormdrains work exactly. From what I figure, rainwater enters a stormdrain OR open effing manholes, wtf!!, then travels through pipes? or canals? or both? to a pipe that empties into a lift station. Stormdrain water could also carry things like cigarette butts, trash, grass, roadkill, illegally dumped chemicals. I don't think this particular lift station would have any sewage in it. Unless they dump stormdrain water on sewage inside the lift station tank. It's horrifying to think that Caleb could have fallen down an open manhole, been stuck down there and then passed away. Corpus Christi DID take the brunt of rain from Tropical Storm Alberto (about 6") last week. So this does feel like a possible scenario.

I'm going to assume that a lift station has a local or remote level transmitter on it. Level transmitters often get stuck when debris prevents them from measuring correctly. This can be indicated by a stale level, one that doesn't seem to move at all.

Last edited:
JUN 24, 2024
"Harris’s father confirmed to us tonight that the remains were found in a sewer system and that there's no way for the remains to be positively identified at this time."

Last edited by a moderator:
From PommyMommy’s post with this link - The lift station data sheets seem to indicate green dots for manholes, but aren’t on a legend as such?

Check out data sheet ww-ls1501 (page 55) and see what you think?

I assume the green dots are manholes and the arrows indicate water flow direction.

ETA: Page number

Last edited:
This is the Corpus Christi Lift Station Response Plan. It is 110 pages.

From page 2:
The Wastewater Facility Manager oversees the dedicated crews responsible for operation and
maintenance of the lift stations, including the response to failures. City crews routinely visit each lift station, many on a daily basis and others several times per week. The City’s team of
electricians and mechanical repair staff are responsible for troubleshooting any identified failure and performing the remedial measures necessary to resolve the failure event. Additional staff is engaged on an as-needed basis.
Help please, I am going cross-eyed. CTRL + F and type "Lexington" in the search box. There are 7 hits. There are 18 for "Ennis." Which one is the correct map for this lift station? MOO

Photos

Partial caption of photo #3: The waste water collection point is located about a block away from missing 21-year-old Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi student Caleb Harris' apartment. "This whole area has been searched many times over," Contreras said.

Looking at the last minutes before the phone stopped pinging around 3am, he took a snap chat photo at this bridge and then travelled up the waterway and the phone last pinged at a spot not far from where the waterway goes underground. Could Caleb, for whatever reason, decide to explore the underground portion of this waterway and his phone went dead after a short distance in? Could he have slipped on the concrete embankment and floated into the tunnel? It travels underground for quite some distance underneath Williams Dr. and branches off. Has LE or searchers looked in this tunnel?

View attachment 505792
View attachment 505793
View attachment 505795
View attachment 505796
Found this 3/25 post while searching this thread for the Snapchat/bridge photo. It has some great photos/maps attached.

ETA: the last ping and underground portion mentioned above are further downstream of the lift.

Last edited:
But if he survived the fall, wouldn't he have been heard calling for help seeing the manhole was open?
If it's that one in the middle of that bare field... Who would get close enough to hear?

And how much water is down there? If it's a big channel, too deep to touch bottom, he could have drowned in minutes.

MOO

If the well at the pump station is 40 feet deep, that makes me think that for a body to be discovered it must have been floating, which makes me think that this is someone who passed away pretty recently. I don’t think that this is Caleb.
It was likely an operational issue that caused them to open the well, not a random visual inspection. The well had a pump and a level indicator in it, both would malfunction if human remains were blocking them from working correctly. The pump would not run (low suction pressure) or the level indicator would be stuck at an obvious stale level.

If it's that one in the middle of that bare field... Who would get close enough to hear?

And how much water is down there? If it's a big channel, too deep to touch bottom, he could have drowned in minutes.

MOO
I do tend to think that field would have been searched, and I’d be shocked if no one had looked down there. If he drowned though, which I think he did, there might not be anything to see. He could have been on the bottom, or floated further down.

That’s a brutal way to go. Treading water in a tube. Hopefully he was unconscious somehow.

He just hadn’t reached it yet…

I’m sure they ran dogs all over that area too, and nothing led them to wherever he went in.
Yeah, short of sending a scope down all the pipes, they wouldn't have found him.

I'm wondering if his phone is at the bottom of that shaft, or if it got pushed all the way to the lift station too.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member