TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 513027
How would human remains be seen 40 feet down? Even cameras wouldn't clearly see them and even if they were on top of the sewage where would they be seen from? If they had to drain the chamber to get to them how would the workmen know they were there to look for them in the first place? MOO MOO MOO

My rudimentary understanding is that they are pretty high tech locations, with a variety of alarms, monitors, sensors, etc. Another Sleuther theorized a page or two back that there was likely some sort of failure (blockage or something) that indicated an issue with the lift pump. This would have initiated a response to the location to investigate the cause. MOO

Edited to add: googled last night about search and rescue in sewers and there are cameras and other tech they use to inspect pipe for repairs that they could have used to determine there were remains inside before draining the entire thing to recover. I don’t know if they did that here but the technology exists. Moo

My rudimentary understanding is that they are pretty high tech locations, with a variety of alarms, monitors, sensors, etc. Another Sleuther theorized a page or two back that there was likely some sort of failure (blockage or something) that indicated an issue with the lift pump. This would have initiated a response to the location to investigate the cause. MOO

Edited to add: googled last night about search and rescue in sewers and there are cameras and other tech they use to inspect pipe for repairs that they could have used to determine there were remains inside before draining the entire thing to recover.
That’s what I gleaned also: An alarm alerted them to check what was causing a blockage, and the cameras picked it up.

Edited to add: googled last night about search and rescue in sewers and there are cameras and other tech they use to inspect pipe for repairs that they could have used to determine there were remains inside before draining the entire thing to recover.
Yeah, I highly suspect there was some kind of blockage or flow problem that required inspection, and that's when it became clear that this was a matter for the police.

MOO

How would human remains be seen 40 feet down? Even cameras wouldn't clearly see them and even if they were on top of the sewage where would they be seen from? If they had to drain the chamber to get to them how would the workmen know they were there to look for them in the first place? MOO MOO MOO
Likely from their alarm system alerting them to a blockage, and their subsequent investigating with a scope camera.

Well I googled manhole dimensions and they come in all sizes….all the way up to 144 inches. And they do call them manholes so I guess it is possible.
A few years ago, a man in my city stumbled into a manhole that was left open. It was what I would call a regular-sized manhole, nothing particularly wide. Very scary thought.

jmo

Human remains were found by a city employee in a deep well at a waste water collection point located off of Lexington Road near South Padre Island Drive on Monday afternoon, according to Corpus Christi Police Department spokesman Antonio Contreras.
1719323603641.jpeg
Around 3:30 p.m., police responded to the scene were a City employee reported the remains in a 40-foot deep wet well filled with waste water. Fire department officials in hazmat suites waited for the City to drain the well before removing the remains. The age and gender of the body are unknown

Human remains were found by a city employee in a deep well at a waste water collection point located off of Lexington Road near South Padre Island Drive on Monday afternoon, according to Corpus Christi Police Department spokesman Antonio Contreras.
View attachment 513050
Around 3:30 p.m., police responded to the scene were a City employee reported the remains in a 40-foot deep wet well filled with waste water. Fire department officials in hazmat suites waited for the City to drain the well before removing the remains. The age and gender of the body are unknown
So age and gender unknown. Yet because of the proximity to Caleb’s apartment and last ping it would seem there’s a good chance it’s him. Time will tell…

Waiting on identification of the remains, waiting and wondering.

IMO, it's one thing, maybe, to stroll barefooted a few hundred feet across pavement and mowed grass to photograph a fog-enshrouded bridge, but would it be as easy to walk barefoot across a field of stubble, rocks and wet dirt, especially in the middle of the night?

Waiting on identification of the remains, waiting and wondering.

IMO, it's one thing, maybe, to stroll barefooted a few hundred feet across pavement and mowed grass to photograph a fog-enshrouded bridge, but would it be as easy to walk barefoot across a field of stubble, rocks and wet dirt, especially in the middle of the night?
You do have to wonder why he would be there, or why anyone would, for that matter.

View attachment 513027
Looking at this helpful diagram - thanks @PommyMommy - and noting the direction of the water flow as indicated by the red arrows, how would human remains even get into the wet well chamber? It appears that the lift station is divided by a wall off center, making it seem to me that body parts would have to be smaller fragments, maybe the remnants of an extended period of decomposition.

IMO, it does seem possible that a body could be dropped into the lift station through the access manhole if someone knew it was there and knew how to open that access point.

Is it possible that he had brought the dog out there to run around and the dog lost a tag or something and he was attempting to retrace their steps?
It’s possible. Someone commenting on the article pointed out you’d have to hop a fence to get to that section. If true, that makes it even more baffling.

I have read the thread but don't have an engineering mind, so forgive the question...

Does anyone understand if there is always a way a person could accidentally end up in this situation (always an open access point somewhere by design), or should it have not even been possible?
(Indicating something went very wrong, for example: he forced his own entry in -- like when people try to force themselves down a chimney OR a crime against him and he was hidden by someone OR a worker made a mistake and left something uncovered or unlocked that should have been covered or locked?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member