TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the diameter of the pipes that feed into the lift station? Are they wide enough for a body to have travelled from a manhole to the lift station?

Edited to add I searched the above document and couldn’t find that info, though might have missed something.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the diameter of the pipes that feed into the lift station? Are they wide enough for a body to have travelled from a manhole to the lift station?
To be blunt... After several months in that environment, the body may not be intact any more. Disarticulation happens wherever the body is flexible as decomposition progresses. So the diameter of the pipes may not have to be quite as large.

MOO

To be blunt... After several months in that environment, the body may not be intact any more. Disarticulation happens wherever the body is flexible as decomposition progresses. So the diameter of the pipes may not have to be quite as large.

MOO
Good point— I guess we don’t know yet exactly what has been recovered.

“Human remains”, does not specify a body :(

Edited to add:Though later in the article it does refer to the finding as a “body”

Last edited:
Gosh, I didn’t realise actually how close to the bridge the lift station actually is. It’s just on the other side of the field from the apartments and the bridge where the photo was taken (dropped pin).

Do we know where the manhole was? There is a round brown thing in that field but it’s too pixelated on google maps to see what it is.

ETA: the address of the pin on the left is actually the house, but the lift station is slightly further to the right surrounded by a square fence.

Attachments

• IMG_6323.jpeg
    IMG_6323.jpeg
    212 KB · Views: 48
Weirdly I was thinking about Caleb last night! I woke up to see the news. I know there hasn't been official identification but going off the location and circumstances, it does seem extremely likely to be him. I'm devastated for his family and loved ones. Hopefully, the wait for official identification isn't too long so the family aren't stuck in a hellish limbo. jmo.

Weirdly I was thinking about Caleb last night! I woke up to see the news. I know there hasn't been official identification but going off the location and circumstances, it does seem extremely likely to be him. I'm devastated for his family and loved ones. Hopefully, the wait for official identification isn't too long so the family aren't stuck in a hellish limbo. jmo.
DNA should have a quick turnaround. If they have a skull, they should be able to do dentals. It will probably feel like a long time for the family, but one way or the other, they'll know. And if it is Caleb, then the not-knowing will be over, which seems to be the most crushing thing families of the missing speak about. There can be relief as well as grief with finding a body.

MOO

To answer my own question, I’m wondering if this could be a manhole in the field. It’s overgrown with some traffic cones by it and the lift station is directly across the field as you can see.

What a shame it would be if this is Caleb (and I’m certain it must be MOO) and no one ran a camera down through that pipe in all these months. I wonder if LE (like many of us) got so twisted up in the hook up theory and completely overlooked something so obvious right on his doorstep. JMO

Source: Google maps

Attachments

• IMG_6328.jpeg
    IMG_6328.jpeg
    96.8 KB · Views: 52
Are there news reports confirming an open manhole cover or is this just a rumor?
I haven't seen any news reports and a brief search did not turn any up.
I haven’t read any msm that specifically states “open manhole cover”…just reports of a well.

Human remains were found in a deep well at a waste water collection point located off of Lexington Road near South Padre Island Drive

Around 3:30 p.m., police responded to the scene were a City employee reported the remains in a 40-foot deep wet well filled with waste water. Fire department officials in hazmat suites waited for the City to drain the well before removing the remains.

I haven’t read any msm that specifically states “open manhole cover”…just reports of a well.

Human remains were found in a deep well at a waste water collection point located off of Lexington Road near South Padre Island Drive

Around 3:30 p.m., police responded to the scene were a City employee reported the remains in a 40-foot deep wet well filled with waste water. Fire department officials in hazmat suites waited for the City to drain the well before removing the remains.

And that is unlikely to be an open well from the description of the treatment plant.

Unanswered questions if it does turn out to be him:

1. What’s the explanation for him being in there? If it was an accident, how exactly would that happen? (I still think accident is now overwhelmingly likely).

2. Why was he out there in the first place?
Offhand, if it’s him, it’s likely he was out there to meet someone and never showed up, owing to stumbling in the fog and the darkness, and falling into an open manhole cover, which officials do say are there.

He went undetected until rain and floods moved the remains.

That’s just conjecture of course.

Offhand, if it’s him, it’s likely he was out there to meet someone and never showed up, owing to stumbling in the fog and the darkness, and falling into an open manhole cover, which officials do say are there.

He went undetected until rain and floods moved the remains.

That’s just conjecture of course.
How wide are those manhole covers? It seems odd that a grown man could fall all the way in one. I can see stumbling and one leg going in and perhaps even breaking but wouldn’t the rest of the body stop the fall? Maybe the manholes are bigger than I thought.

How wide are those manhole covers? It seems odd that a grown man could fall all the way in one. I can see stumbling and one leg going in and perhaps even breaking but wouldn’t the rest of the body stop the fall? Maybe the manholes are bigger than I thought.
Well I googled manhole dimensions and they come in all sizes….all the way up to 144 inches. And they do call them manholes so I guess it is possible.

Yes, you have to wonder if they are wide enough for someone Caleb’s size to completely fall in….its of course possible that one leg would fall in, and then in a struggle to get out, the rest would eventually collapse in. Sad to contemplate.

Yes, you have to wonder if they are wide enough for someone Caleb’s size to completely fall in….its of course possible that one leg would fall in, and then in a struggle to get out, the rest would eventually collapse in. Sad to contemplate.
I would suggest that by necessity, a manhole is sized so that a full-grown man can enter one with ease, complete with broad shoulders and toolbelt.

MOO

The collection point, which is around 40 feet deep, was full of wastewater and had to be drained safely before CCFD crews could attempt to retrieve the remains. Those who searched had to wear hazmat suits

1719318008629.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member