VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@BienickWCVB

The jury returns. So does the judge.

Judge thanks the jury and begins her instructions. She will give them some legal definitions, the elements of the crimes charges and guidelines for deliberating.

The judge is explaining reasonable doubt. She's using some of the same language she did when speaking to each of the jury pools.

A little late to the party, listening to closing, re the comment about KR calling JO 53 times, was it ever mentioned if KR attempted to contact anyone at the Albert house when trying to locate him?
At that point I believe KR couldn't actually remember dropping JOK off at the Albert's. Her last memory was the waterfall.

@SueNBCBoston

Sorry for the break. I was unable to reconnect to the court wifi, and the cell service wasn't working either. Yes, I turned the phones on and off.By now you know that Lally was given a 5 minute warning, as Jackson received, and a one minute warning...

12:31 PM · Jun 25, 2024

@SueNBCBoston

...and the judge stopped him because he ran over time.Many of the jurors looked like they had checked out, and I'm not going to put that all on Lally because they had been sitting there without a break for two hours. But even the most reliably attentive jurors were gazing off.

The jurors got a five minute break, and now they are back and Judge Cannone is giving them the jury instructions, which should take about an hour.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I honestly didn't know anything about how the victim family feels about Karen or anyone else involved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member