GUILTY NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@Niner
I didn't get the 34 meaning until your post.
I thought it should be the old saying when someone asks your age and you say you're 21 again :D

The prosecution's slides used during closing arguments have been published, there's over 400 pages.

And are discussed here.

Collectively, the slides illustrate the breadth and depth of the DA’s evidence. From his own words, whether written or recorded, and his signature, on the one hand, to his pattern of phone calls right as other significant developments and communications unfolded, it was the weight and quality of the evidence that did Trump in with the 12 jurors. The slides also highlight how to the extent that others helped ensure Trump’s current fate, those others are not named Alvin Bragg or Matthew Colangelo. They are David Pecker and Hope Hicks, two of Trump’s closest allies once upon a time and people whose affection for him is still palpable, even through just a cold read of the trial transcript.
Wow, they certainly had the goods here. If anyone doesn't believe this is a justified conviction, DM me and let's go over these slides. Damn.

The New York Court of Appeals on Tuesday declined to hear former President Donald Trump's appeal of the gag order in the hush money case in which he was convicted last month.

The court said it was dismissing the appeal "upon the ground that no substantial constitutional question is directly involved."

That means the gag order imposed on Trump by state Judge Juan Merchan is still in effect.

Wasn't sure which thread to post this in, but I thought maybe this one since it involves campaign finance. MOO
You chose well. This is a big deal and fits here perfectly. I’m sure some reporter will dig up the name of the mystery company owner. I’ve seen speculation elsewhere, but I will have to wait patiently for msm to catch up. I wonder if they’ve set up a “hush money” distributor ahead of time so they don’t have to scramble at the last minute like Cohen did in 2016.

JMO

Wasn't sure which thread to post this in, but I thought maybe this one since it involves campaign finance. MOO
makes me wonder if there is another adult film star out there claiming to have a story he needs to buy off. Since Cohen is out of business I wonder who the middle man would be this time if that were the case.

Really? So now it is OK for Trump to slander the witness and jurors?
I'm less worried about slander itself (though that is, of course, deplorable), but that his supporters will take action based on whatever DT utters about witnesses or jurors or that the witnesses and jurors will feel like something could happen to them and adjust their testimony/deliberations to protect themselves and families.

I hope I worry needlessly.

jmo

Edited to add: I realize these witnesses and jurors have completed their role in this specific case. I worry about FUTURE witnesses and jurors will be targeted and/or feel targeted. Just wanted to clarify my comment. jmo

Last edited:
My hunch is that since the trial is now over, a gag order should not stand. He still is gagged for prosecutor and I think the judge and I'm guessing that gag will be lifted after sentencing.

IANAL, jmo
agree. you cannot permentantly gag someone I don't think. The gag was meant to prevent intimidation of jurors. that concern has now passed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TabithaTindle84
Back