Found Safe WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm in BC lower mainland when I think of small boat from Seattle I'd think here there's so many places and so many people that they would fit in. Unless you follow true crime this case isn't well known. Jmoo
I had made the comment last night. If LE really wants to find them because they are wanted and may be headed to Mexico, they would be plastering their info and details nationally and internationally. JMO

I wonder if the FBI and Police silence is because their hands are tied since AA has shared custody or some other crime was committed that they know about. and are keeping it under wraps? Just more questions floating around in my head.

I wonder if the FBI and Police silence is because their hands are tied since AA has shared custody or some other crime was committed that they know about. and are keeping it under wraps? Just more questions floating around in my head.
I think it's quiet because LE doesn't think there is imminent danger to anyone. That is one reason I remain hopeful and that this isn't a race to find anyone whose life is threatened or whose life has ended.

I think LE has confidence that by following leads, they will find the threesome and bring the child back to her mom without the public's help.

jmo

Just a random thought, that a well thought out or a pre-planned disappearance doesn't jive in any way, with NC suddenly disappearing from the airport which set off every red flag, immediately.

She set off a red flag with her family only that day. At first, the police told her family that an adult is allowed to disappear of their own free will, and that's why her family hired a PI. Remember the police didn't take it seriously until 4-ish days later when AA and baby didn't show up for custody exchange back to mom. Then the light bulbs came on that this was related. They all got a 4 day head start before authorities realized what was happening.

Can't believe that there is no news about this. I would love to know if LE believes they are in Mexico or if that was a sighting of the car only. I don't believe that we have heard from them that they were spotted in the car, have we?

I just hope they are all okay and Seraya is healthy!

The drive from Moscow to SeaTac is about five hours? So it seems some kind of plan was underway for at least that long.

The Aung family statement suggests to me that nothing happened to Seraya that caused AA to flee. The statement felt deflective and blasé — they don’t seem to think this is a big deal. I think if they knew about something more serious, they’d be tight-lipped instead, so as not to draw more attention to the situation. Plus, guilt and and whatnot. (At least not something that they know of . . . But it seems most of us feel the family is at least aware, if not involved.)

I think they’re all still alive. Easier to hide three live bodies than dead ones.

If the Aung fam is funding this, I believe the FBI has already figured it out. And they’re keeping quiet so they can use the activity to track movements. Waiting on cooperation from foreign LE. They might feel Seraya isn’t in immediate danger, and they’re waiting for the right time/place to pounce. Releasing info about what was found in the search could spook AA and NC and keep them on the run.

All speculation, of course.

Originally I thought this was likely to be an ill-conceived romantic escape and that it would have a rápid resolution.

I still cannot imagine how they would figure out a long term plan without major financial and other collusion.

Ironically, I suppose we must hope that the Aung family or other parties DO know what the plan is and if AA and NC are running into difficulties, communication is cut, whatever, and they also start to worry and spill the beans. They may be worried about possible charges of aiding and abetting, but should set those aside in the interest of the child, IMO.

It doesnt surprise me there are no missing posters about, first of all because the Aungs dont want their son to be found. I wonder if Nadia's family still has a PI on the case? Obviously of course, with no idea where they might be, where would you post flyers?

Hypothetical scenario. We don't know what kind of guy AA is. What if he's the jealous type that can't stand his fiancé going away to a foreign country and out of his sight. He knows her parents are not to thrilled about them being together anyway. As time is ticking closer to departure time, he can't take it anymore and texts or even calls her and tells to meet him at such and such place and not to tell anyone or bring her phone. His reasons could be something happened to the child, he may do something to himself, or if she doesn't do it, the relationship is over. Why the child had to be part of this plan, I don't know. Did they live together? Co-dependent?

I'm near Boise Idaho and have only seen the first very early reports on these 3 missing. Nothing else. Without WS I would have no clue to watch for them.

I've seen nothing nationally and I watch 2 local and 2 national newscasts every night.

They could be in Boise as far as anyone knows...one night of showing their pictures does not help find them....especially in the populated areas of this state.

Is it because it's custodial interference only? I'm frustrated.

I think most of the ferries in the area go to the islands off the coast, but there is a ferry that leaves out of Seattle that goes to Victoria BC Canada, but even on that one, you are filtered off of the boat and into Canadian entry port where the officials check IDs immediately. I’m not sure if there are ferries going other places, maybe someone local would know? But your suggestion brings up something I had not considered before, that maybe they travelled by boat? I wouldn’t be surprised if Aaron’s family maybe has access to one or connections to arrange that for them.
We discussed it early in the thread, but the 2 main and most well-known ferry routes are Seattle-Bremerton & Seattle Bainbridge Island. There are other boats (ferries) seasonally, but those are the main 2.

Both ferry routes across the water take the route further away from I-5 North/South (that leads to Mexico) and the I-90 East/West that leads to Pullman/Moscow. So if they did take a boat, they went the opposite direction of where they both lived during school, and where we've been told they might be headed.

Without knowing more, I don't think a ferry was their way of leaving the area.

jmo

How national is this case because if it isn't getting national attention, it is possible for them to go almost anywhere and not be noticed. (I have not heard it on the News in my area) The more national attention the harder it is to hide. They have to buy diapers, food, have a place to stay, etc. How are they paying for such items? If Aungs are paying for it, how? Although I am hopeful and pray nightly for them to be found alive especially the little girl. My outlook for this case is quite grim at this point.
I'm thinking they are doing remote work or under the table jobs. Especially if they did the preplanning really well.

If they have family friends or distant relatives that LE wouldn't know about, in another state, they could have quickly traveled there and been set up in a place to live. The Aungs have enough income from their multiple companies to pay rent on an apartment somewhere for them. And would be able to hide the financial transactions by using LLC's or company funds somehow.

AA may be working a basic construction job for cash. OR maybe they got creative, and the Aungs are having him do remote work for one of their businesses, that they usually have to pay for. They just pay him instead to do the invoices or make the sales calls remotely. That way they can launder the cash they are sending to the for diapers and food.

That's why they urgently needed NC to go along and be the babysitter. She could also get a waitress job somewhere, for tips only or cash under the table. If they are in a small town somewhere they probably would not be recognised.

One thing that bothers me about NC's leaving her parents at the airport is that it seems impulsive.

If she was planning to go on the run with AA, why not do it in a way that wouldn't immediately trigger attention? Why do something that would instantly alert the authorities?

That's where I'm drawing a blank. I can't imagine them sitting around and planning how they'll run and intentionally planning for her to take off in a way that would bring her disappearance to light within a couple of hours.

That makes me think there's something else we don't yet know about here. And I don't feel good about it.
I'm thinking maybe he had been asking her to go with him but she kept saying no. She didn't want to hurt her parents, she didn't want to get involved in a legal mess, and she wanted to go on her trip to Italy.

But maybe he called her earlier, maybe she was in the car on way to airport, or waiting at the gate, And he really turned it up---begged her to come, told her she'd NEVER see him again if she didn't come right then and meet up, now or never---So she bolted and ran?

It seems reasonable to assume along with the warrant on the home, a warrant for AA's cell provider would have also been issued. If that were the case, LE would already know exactly when, where, who, etc.

As for wherever they met up and took off from, that's a mystery. Where she was last seen at 3rd & University is a 10 minute walk to the Ferris Wheel, or a 5 minute drive to I-5 that would take them south to Mexico. Also, another 5 minutes down the I-5 and they're hitting I-90 at Dearborn, exit stage left (literally) and headed east to Moscow. To me, unless one of them was loaded with cash, heading back to Moscow makes more sense but who knows.

First I hope baby Seraya is brought home safe, but after that it will be interesting to learn exactly how they pulled this off (assuming we ever do learn the details).

jmo
All this talk about her phone makes me very curious about his as well. He couldn't have gone on the run with his 'usual' phone in hand. LE would have traced his phone very first thing.

So at some point he had to switch over to a burner of some kind. So if NC did receive a call at Sea-Tac then LE should have been able to find that number when they got a warrant for her number, in order to find the missing baby.

If LE has not been able to get any of their numbers then this was a very well planned hoax by them. Apparently they haven't been able to track whatever numbers the couple is using or they'd have been picked up by now?

There would be no way on earth that I would board a plane for Italy (or honestly anywhere else) if any of my party, especially my child (even an adult child), were not there to board the plane. No way. Especially since she left her luggage with her parents, and her phone, and said I’ll be right back. Moo
I agree---I'm not getting on the plane until my daughter shows up to come with us.

To my mind the 3 are not in danger. They're clearly hiding out. If they were remotely in danger or deceased, we would hear Family Aung making it about themselves. There's no reason i have to think they've been hurt. The self-important Aung Family Statement is why. All they did was double down and focus on why IT'S OK that Aaron absconded with the toddler.

Aung Family wouldn't present such a ridiculously boastful statement if you thought Aaron was remotely hurt.

And Aaron calling nadia hoping he'd get voice mail- why would he do this and oh so conveniently be able to meet up with nadia a few hours later heading in from Moscow to Seattle which is a 6 hrs drive with Nadia with no cell phone or possessions? Clearly this was planned.

Can't believe that there is no news about this. I would love to know if LE believes they are in Mexico or if that was a sighting of the car only. I don't believe that we have heard from them that they were spotted in the car, have we?

I just hope they are all okay and Seraya is healthy!

It was crickets in the earliest days as well.
Then, I really thought it was so quiet because LE was really on top of it and knew exactly where they were.

There is no way to think this way now. The reasons for crickets are endless....

If LE has not been able to get any of their numbers then this was a very well planned hoax by them. Apparently they haven't been able to track whatever numbers the couple is using or they'd have been picked up by now?

I suspect they probably have a ton more info than the public is aware of, we just haven't heard about it yet.
That's the sort of detail that comes out later.

To my mind the 3 are not in danger. They're clearly hiding out. If they were remotely in danger or deceased, we would hear Family Aung making it about themselves. There's no reason i have to think they've been hurt. The self-important Aung Family Statement is why. All they did was double down and focus on why IT'S OK that Aaron absconded with the toddler.

Aung Family wouldn't present such a ridiculously boastful statement if you thought Aaron was remotely hurt.

And Aaron calling nadia hoping he'd get voice mail- why would he do this and oh so conveniently be able to meet up with nadia a few hours later heading in from Moscow to Seattle which is a 6 hrs drive with Nadia with no cell phone or possessions? Clearly this was planned.
And a fun outdoorsy, camping vacation in the woods with no hot showers will get very tiring after several weeks. Several months outside will start to wear on them. The Idaho/Montana/Washington area will begin to be very cool at night by late August and very much so in September. They must be hiding in a cabin somewhere. Such a shortsighted thing to have done.

Yes, if it was packed with blankets and baseballs, that would be solid evidence she never planned to go.

If, however, it's packed appropriately for three weeks in Italy, it's not very helpful. Could mean she was planning to go and suddenly pivoted, or it could mean it was indeed planned and she staged for it.

JMO
exactly...
even if sloppily packed with approriate, but not enough, says SOMETHING.
Who, among us, is not careful with a specific number of underwear, etc...
She was becoming a lawyer.... I think her family would be able to interpret a sense of orderliness or lack thereof in that suitcase.

However, crickets.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back