Found Safe WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She left her phone with her mom iirc. With any luck at all, she had a second phone, on Aaron's family plan.

JMO
Somebody implied she did not have one with her in response to my saying he may have assumed she was on the plane when he messaged or called her.

She left her phone with her mom iirc. With any luck at all, she had a second phone, on Aaron's family plan.

JMO
It seems reasonable to assume along with the warrant on the home, a warrant for AA's cell provider would have also been issued. If that were the case, LE would already know exactly when, where, who, etc.

As for wherever they met up and took off from, that's a mystery. Where she was last seen at 3rd & University is a 10 minute walk to the Ferris Wheel, or a 5 minute drive to I-5 that would take them south to Mexico. Also, another 5 minutes down the I-5 and they're hitting I-90 at Dearborn, exit stage left (literally) and headed east to Moscow. To me, unless one of them was loaded with cash, heading back to Moscow makes more sense but who knows.

First I hope baby Seraya is brought home safe, but after that it will be interesting to learn exactly how they pulled this off (assuming we ever do learn the details).

jmo

JMO
That was my recollection from early articles. Here's one: Missing WSU grad left airport 'distressed', reward offered for information

"On Wednesday, Cole's family released a statement saying Cole and her mother were at the airport about to embark to Italy when she left her belongings at the gate to use the restroom and never returned."

Which has me wondering... I initially assumed the dad was not along on the trip due to the wording, but then later I got the idea he was also at the airport. I guess this comment is just to point out the usual complaint that journalists are anxious to make a report, but not anxious to ensure their information is complete and accurate.

She left her phone with her mom and luggage, is my understanding.

We've been speculating she has a burner phone but we don't know that.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

jmo
You are correct. She left her phone, and the idea of a burner is speculation by folks here.
LE has never indicated that she has a burner with her.

Snipped by me. I agree they are deliberately coordinated, but for whole different reasons. I think Aaron thought she'd be on the plane when she got his message, and unable stop whatever he had planned. JMO
Bolded in this response by me.
She left her phone with her mom and luggage, is my understanding.

We've been speculating she has a burner phone but we don't know that.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

jmo
She was still at the airport with her parents in possession of her phone in this response. I bolded my comment to clarify what I said :)

I feel like something bad happened and the Aungs are in protective mode and NC rushed out in fear and trying to stop a bad situation. JMO
SBM

That's a possibility, given that these are two young adults, and no one knows where they are right now.

I don't think LE has a clue...

...and that's why the raid on the Aung's home, but that obviously didn't turn up anything of value because Seraya is still missing.

I have to keep reminding myself that this isn't the same as a criminal investigation where LE is trying to gather evidence for a court case. This is different—they're not going to sit on evidence because a child is missing. If they get even the slightest clue--they're on it and Seraya is on her way home.

The silence is deafening, especially given that several LE departments and the FBI are involved. Can two young people with a toddler really outsmart the FBI for so long?

Or is there an understory we haven't yet figured out?

So you are thinking she got the message on her phone at the airport and then fled without her phone?

jmo
Yes, I believe she got a message of some sort whether text, call, social media, whatsapp, messenger, etc. Probably not from a contact named Aaron and probably cryptic. However I think Aaron assumed she was already on the plane to Italy. She may have left the phone as a clue. I don't think this was a planned event. I am not sold on that. JMO

You are correct. She left her phone, and the idea of a burner is speculation by folks here.
LE has never indicated that she has a burner with her.
LE hasn't indicated much of anything to be fair.

Leaving spur of the moment before a flight is poor planning.

Or, she felt she had no other recourse at that point.

Despite her parents' statement that they want her home, they are offering a reward of $1,000. That may be one of the lowest monetary rewards I've seen printed since the Old West. Many of us would offer that for a lost dog.

Did naughty Nadia do a bad, bad thing? And then, when push came to shove, she realized she couldn't go to Italy because she had to clean up her mess?

Obviously, that's all speculation and very likely wrong. But, something about the way she left the airport makes me think she made the decision on the tarmac. Not earlier.

LE hasn't indicated much of anything to be fair.

Leaving spur of the moment before a flight is poor planning.

Or, she felt she had no other recourse at that point.

Despite her parents' statement that they want her home, they are offering a reward of $1,000. That may be one of the lowest monetary rewards I've seen printed since the Old West. Many of us would offer that for a lost dog.

Did naughty Nadia do a bad, bad thing? And then, when push came to shove, she realized she couldn't go to Italy because she had to clean up her mess?

Obviously, that's all speculation and very likely wrong. But, something about the way she left the airport makes me think she made the decision on the tarmac. Not earlier.
Yes. This is my impression as well. She did not plan this exit. JMO

Yes, I believe she got a message of some sort whether text, call, social media, whatsapp, messenger, etc. Probably not from a contact named Aaron and probably cryptic. However I think Aaron assumed she was already on the plane to Italy. She may have left the phone as a clue. I don't think this was a planned event. I am not sold on that. JMO
It's worth considering, but how would she then contact AA mid-route about when/where to find him if she didn't have her phone with her? That would mean she was very confident where he was and that he wouldn't change locations before she got to him. Did she know the public transportation and the city so well she didn't need a phone to figure out where to go? When she departed the train, how did she know where to find him if it was spur of the moment?

And if it was such a dire emergency, why not tell her parents or police?

Not knocking new ideas to consider - quite the opposite, actually. But, I'm having a tough time thinking someone would accidently leave their phone and not go back to retrieve it, especially if dealing with an emergency and having to find someone.

I admit, I'm stuck with thinking this was a planned disappearance for NC as well as for AA.

jmo

It's worth considering, but how would she then contact AA mid-route about when/where to find him if she didn't have her phone with her? That would mean she was very confident where he was and that he wouldn't change locations before she got to him. Did she know the public transportation and the city so well she didn't need a phone to figure out where to go? When she departed the train, how did she know where to find him if it was spur of the moment?

And if it was such a dire emergency, why not tell her parents or police?

Not knocking new ideas to consider - quite the opposite, actually. But, I'm having a tough time thinking someone would accidently leave their phone and not go back to retrieve it, especially if dealing with an emergency and having to find someone.

I admit, I'm stuck with thinking this was a planned disappearance for NC as well as for AA.

jmo
I have been avoiding throwing my theory out here because I really want these people, especially the baby, found safe. However if something bad happened to the baby while in Aaron's care. Maybe he said he was going to kill himself and thought she couldn't stop him because she was on a plane to Italy. So she rushed out of the airport to go try to stop him. Maybe she knew where he would really be, not a fishing trip in Montana. There may be room for a planned taking of the baby during this visit in this theory. Nothing that would require NC to leave her trip, but then something happened. IIRC the baby was having constipation issues. If she had a blockage that could be catastrophic...it may have been nothing Aaron did, but a medical issue. JMO

I have been avoiding throwing my theory out here because I really want these people, especially the baby, found safe. However if something bad happened to the baby while in Aaron's care. Maybe he said he was going to kill himself and thought she couldn't stop him because she was on a plane to Italy. So she rushed out of the airport to go try to stop him. Maybe she knew where he would really be, not a fishing trip in Montana. There may be room for a planned taking of the baby during this visit in this theory. Nothing that would require NC to leave her trip, but then something happened. IIRC the baby was having constipation issues. If she had a blockage that could be catastrophic...it may have been nothing Aaron did, but a medical issue. JMO
I've considered a similar scenario. Something happened to the baby and he called NC in a panic & that explains her sudden, very bizarre unplanned departure from the airport. Allegedly.

But, if he picked the baby up in Pullman, and he lives in Moscow, and the cover story was camping/fishing in Montana (all very much east of Seatac)... why did NC leave Seatac and head down to the Seattle waterfront? I can't make that part make sense.

Then there's the Mexico story, which just makes the rest of it not make sense as well.

I've considered a similar scenario. Something happened to the baby and he called NC in a panic & that explains her sudden, very bizarre unplanned departure from the airport. Allegedly.

But, if he picked the baby up in Pullman, and he lives in Moscow, and the cover story was camping/fishing in Montana (all very much east of Seatac)... why did NC leave Seatac and head down to the Seattle waterfront? I can't make that part make sense.

Then there's the Mexico story, which just makes the rest of it not make sense as well.
Part of my theory was that she knew where he really was. Maybe he was going to lay low somewhere in Seattle until she came back from Italy, and then they would disappear. One would assume the plan was for her to do her normal plans, as to not look suspicious. JMO

Part of my theory was that she knew where he really was. Maybe he was going to lay low somewhere in Seattle until she came back from Italy, and then they would disappear. One would assume the plan was for her to do her normal plans, as to not look suspicious. JMO
Do we know what time he picked up the child from Mom?

jmo

But why wouldnt she say that to her parents? And bring her phone?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back