WA WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Having packing luggage (at least the carry-on) would make sense as a back-up plan. What if she couldn't run away from her parents - then she would've had to board the plane and would've needed her luggage on the trip.

jmo
I also wonder if NC had other items packed for her real trip making leaving her luggage at the airport a non issue. It would be interesting to know what she actually had in the luggage she left behind. Was it clothing that lined up with a holiday overseas? Were there any items that would be more suitable to life on the lam?

I feel for her parents. They had to have been so blindsided by her actions at the airport. I am sure they are very worried. I understand their silence at this point. Their daughter is making awful choices that may jeopardize her future plans. Hard position to be in. I do have to wonder if NC has at least reached out in some way to her family, to let them know she is safe.

I think even if it was planned she knew her parents would have her luggage. Chances are she had a different bag packed with Aaron. However I am not sold on any of this being planned. I feel like something bad happened and the Aungs are in protective mode and NC rushed out in fear and trying to stop a bad situation. JMO
I think the Aungs fully wanted NC to join them. She is their childcare provider, imo.

jmo

To me it would seem too coincidental that the day AA chooses to take off just so happens to be the same day NC is set to fly out. I think these two things were coordinated very deliberately.
Snipped by me. I agree they are deliberately coordinated, but for whole different reasons. I think Aaron thought she'd be on the plane when she got his message, and unable stop whatever he had planned. JMO

Perhaps NC thought that her parents would go ahead and board the plane, and then having spent all that money, travel on ahead, giving her three weeks to get away. No matter how we look at it, it was a horrible plan. Scaring her parents, jeopardizing travel for a full planeload, drawing LE resources to find her.

That's thinking might highly of herself.

JMO
She might have thought that her parents would board thinking she would catch up and board a little behind. Then her parents would be stuck on a plane, thinking she missed boarding on accident.

I wonder if any articles said how close to the plane departure Nadia's disappearance was.

I agree. To me the most obvious (Occam's razor) conclusion is that this was an unplanned “emergency” situation for NC. Possibly a message from AA was so urgent that she had to go to him rather than to Italy. I would expect her to delete the message and leave immediately. For that reason, I don’t have a good feeling about this either. I hope to be wrong with all my heart.

JMO
The Occam’s Razor conclusion makes sense, but then I keep remembering that reporter who said: “I’m told by an LE source that apparently she didn’t want to go on the trip. She wants to get married against her parents wishes.”

So, that makes me wonder if it was planned. JMO

(Within the comments, under his main post from June 4)
David Rose Fox13 FB Page, 6/4/24

The Occam’s Razor conclusion makes sense, but then I keep remembering that reporter who said: “I’m told by an LE source that apparently she didn’t want to go on the trip. She wants to get married against her parents wishes.”

So, that makes me wonder if it was planned. JMO

(Within the comments, under his main post from June 4)
David Rose Fox13 FB Page, 6/4/24
And they would see that on her phone or if she had a burner phone anyway- that is strange in itself.

Id be curious about their relationship- NC and her parents because this seems just like a middle finger to them- if there was an emergency- even if they didnt like him- why wouldnt she tell them- im sorry theres an amergency i have to go- its strsnge to leave everything and walk off calmly.

Where is the NC family home? In Seattle or somewhere near WSU where she just graduated? Just wondering if the parents had to travel a ways to get to the airport or if they live close in or close to Seattle. I don’t know why or that it matters but maybe their proximity had somehow figured into AA and NC plan (if there was one). Moo
They are from Port Angeles, WA which is about 2.5 - 3 hours away from Sea-Tac Airport and almost 7 hours to Pullman.

edit to add link for source: Port Angeles woman’s disappearance tied to fiancé, toddler

Not knowing her family dynamics, it's hard to say what she thought would happen. Some families would probably board not thinking much of a little tardiness, and expect her to catch up before last call. Some might be angry at her "carelessness" and leave, thinking that having to miss the trip and get herself back from Seattle to home solo was suitable punishment. And then there are people like my parents, who would probably have ended up detained by Homeland Security themselves after the ruckus they'd have caused, lol.

I can't imagine that having the alarm raised asap was the plan though. MOO.

Wish we were privy to the timeline at the airport.

Was the plane at the gate?

Was luggage being loaded?

Was boarding announced?

Was NC running tight up against a second schedule (gauging last call for boarding against, say, the ferry schedule)?

If they were in line to boarding, and she said, "here, please hold my stuff, I need a bathroom break asap", IMO they'd continue boarding (and probably also would have if boarding began while NC was "off to the restroom"), they'd assume she'd be back any second.... and once boarded it would have taken an act of congress to get back off, plane's not going to fly with stowed luggage and a bailing traveler! So maybe THAT was NC's PLAN, get them boarding but running out of time for her second leg, she had to jump early.

Interesting idea upthread that AA purposefully contacted her when he thought it was too late for her to do anything about it, but I think it's more likely they both wanted to be together, despite anyone's objections. And have Seraya, despite THE LAW.

So I don't think he was trying to ho rogue solo and I don't think she was trying to stop him, I think she was hurrying to join him. Because the plan needed a caregiver.

JMO

Given that Nadia was last seen at University and 3rd, walking towards the waterfront, I can’t help but feel like she really could have gone anywhere once she got off of the light rail. There are bus stops located around there and parking garages as well. There are also surface lots down towards to the water and if I recall correctly, the ferries are nearby as well. It makes for a great area to meet up for those taking public transportation. If burner phones were not involved, maybe they both just planned in advance to meet up at certain time in nearby parking garage where Aaron’s family stashed a vehicle, disguises and other supplies for them. Or maybe someone in his family picked them up and took them somewhere? I have no idea, just spitballing here…

Thank you for the specifics of the local environment....
It does make a possible escape plan more clear.

If not for shared custody, I think this would be called a non-custodial abduction and charged accordingly. Since it's shared custody, the offense is that he's denying Seraya's mother her custodial time, hence the charge. And it's been weeeeeeks now so the plan is clear IMO, and cemented by the Aung family statement, that he wasn't looking to extend his custody time but rather abscond with it. Permanently.

Why the family would put it out there -- bio mom is bad news so these moral citizens -- the officer and the lawyer -- have moved on with our happy blessing to forge a new life somewhere secret -- bon voyage! -- still stuns me.

Twasn't his right to decide that was in the child's best interest.

I hope this situation isn't a flight from a horrible accident/injury/death, and is simply an ill-conceived and naive plan to start a new three-person family. Not another case where the child was dead before anyone knew to search but one where she's being cared for at least adequately until LE can rescue her.

JMO

Wish we were privy to the timeline at the airport.

Was the plane at the gate?

Was luggage being loaded?

Was boarding announced?

Was NC running tight up against a second schedule (gauging last call for boarding against, say, the ferry schedule)?

If they were in line to boarding, and she said, "here, please hold my stuff, I need a bathroom break asap", IMO they'd continue boarding (and probably also would have if boarding began while NC was "off to the restroom"), they'd assume she'd be back any second.... and once boarded it would have taken an act of congress to get back off, plane's not going to fly with stowed luggage and a bailing traveler! So maybe THAT was NC's PLAN, get them boarding but running out of time for her second leg, she had to jump early.

Interesting idea upthread that AA purposefully contacted her when he thought it was too late for her to do anything about it, but I think it's more likely they both wanted to be together, despite anyone's objections. And have Seraya, despite THE LAW.

So I don't think he was trying to ho rogue solo and I don't think she was trying to stop him, I think she was hurrying to join him. Because the plan needed a caregiver.

JMO

However, it has been worthwhile to think through these different scenarios .
Its like we keep rewriting the script of the play, and all the characters are getting all screwed up with all the scene changes!!!!

If your final assessment is the true one, then NC is just about the most selfish individual in the world.
I do, keep coming to this conclusion myself, partially substantiated by how quiet her family has been.

But we do all have those airport questions.
At this point, they aren't providing any input either.

That is why I said much earlier: I want to know what was in that suitcase.
Her parents could explain a lot if they told us what was in there.

Yes, if it was packed with blankets and baseballs, that would be solid evidence she never planned to go.

If, however, it's packed appropriately for three weeks in Italy, it's not very helpful. Could mean she was planning to go and suddenly pivoted, or it could mean it was indeed planned and she staged for it.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gingina30
Back