Australia - Russell Hill & Carol Clay Murdered While Camping - Wonnangatta Valley, 2020 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So we had 12 out of 12 jurors decide that Lynn did not kill RC beyond reasonable doubt and those same 12 of 12 jurors decide that Lynn did murder CC. Lynn did not admit killing CC and was any evidence presented by the prosecution that Lynn killed CC?

I think there was evidence that Lynn killed Carol. I spent a lot of time looking at the angle of fire for Carol to have been shot in the way in which Lynn stated. It just couldn't have happened in the way in which he insisted. imo

Which then leads to the conclusion that he LIED and it was he who had shot Carol. It was a very fair verdict.
We only read snippets of the testimony. The jury got the whole lot of it.

I suspect that if a manslaughter verdict had been allowed, that Lynn would have received a manslaughter verdict for the death of Russell.

Last edited:
She would have known that she would be harassed by the press if he was convicted. That would have been devastating because her life as she knew it would change forever as well. Look how her son, who did attend court, was treated when he left. That was more than a little insensitive.
I agree. It occurred to me that GL also may have requested that she not attend. JMO

Police describe Lynn as a functioning psychopath, controlling, a person who could be overwhelmed by waves of rage.

He told the police that Russell Hill ruined his life!
And, of course, that it wasn't his fault. A typical narcissists statement.

Literally, my blood just ran cold. I think the hairs up my arms stood up and that wave of shock.

There was so much evidence that the jury wasn't allowed to hear. The whole police recording of their first questioning of Lynn at his home, a whole lot of the official police statement that he made at Sale police station (but Dermot Dann wanted to use some of it, so that portion was allowed). - as explained in the SMH article posted by JBowie just above.

And, of course, the mysterious death of his first wife, who apparently killed herself and left a 1 year old and a 3 year old alone in the house. It is hard to imagine any mother leaving her two small children in such a vulnerable situation.

I'm surprised the jury found him guilty of murdering Carol but not Russell. My rationale for their decision is that there were many variables as to how Russell died and that they couldn't reach a unanimous decision. I still believe he murdered both of them.
I agree.
I wonder if the manslaughter verdict not being an option was the reason for this.
I honestly believe they would have at least found him guilty of manslaughter

There was so much evidence that the jury wasn't allowed to hear. The whole police recording of their first questioning of Lynn at his home, a whole lot of the official police statement that he made at Sale police station (but Dermot Dann wanted to use some of it, so that portion was allowed). - as explained in the SMH article posted by JBowie just above.

And, of course, the mysterious death of his first wife, who apparently killed herself and left a 1 year old and a 3 year old alone in the house. It is hard to imagine any mother leaving her two small children in such a vulnerable situation.
I can only imagine how the jury members are feeling today as they are now allowed to read the press stories. Very short-changed indeed.

Even harder to believe when you factor in she had the car packed to leave and all that was left to do was load the kids into the car and go.

Didn't we hear a long time ago something about a girlfriend/partner of GL disappearing in the Gulf states?

Yes, I think you are right. I have been looking for the link but I can't find it at the moment.

Only finding in The Age how he returned to Australia (after working for Qatar) with physical and personal baggage. Which seems to allude to whatever it was that happened.

Sly of the Underworld's take on the verdicts, audio within the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay