Australia - Russell Hill & Carol Clay Murdered While Camping - Wonnangatta Valley, 2020 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why do you think Lynn's wife was absent from the court today?

She would have known that she would be harassed by the press if he was convicted. That would have been devastating because her life as she knew it would change forever as well. Look how her son, who did attend court, was treated when he left. That was more than a little insensitive.

Lynn, wearing a suit and blue jumper, remained silent as the two verdicts were read aloud, raising his eyebrows after learning his fate.

He waved to his son Geordie, who was seated in front of him inside the court room, after the jury left the court.

Lynn, wearing a suit and blue jumper, remained silent as the two verdicts were read aloud, raising his eyebrows after learning his fate.

He waved to his son Geordie, who was seated in front of him inside the court room, after the jury left the court.

IMO he knew his chances were 50/50 that he'd be found guilty. So no shocked response from him.

Reading the long three day police interrogation, this article says that Lynn spent two of those days refusing to answer questions.

Staged suicide? Push for coroner to reopen inquest into death of Gregory Lynn’s first wife​

Behind a paywall, I think. Posting it here for those who subscribe

Oh there's a photo of his first wife Lisa with baby Geordie. I suppose I had just presumed Georgie was his current wifes son.

OMG! It's made me sick reading this. Warning, animal cruelty :(

Last edited:
Wow I don't know where to start in telling you how wrong you are!...
Pretty rude for starters telling someone they have no idea what they are talking about. Then embarrassing yourself with a false argument.

Today's result is embarrassing TBH. Trial by assumptions. No one should be charged with murder on assumptions. Know don't come back with a reasonable doubt quote that you all use to cover yourself. If I was trialed by reasonable doubt when I was at school I would have been wrong convicted several times.
Yes he probably killed at least one. Can't even be sure who though!
Yeah it makes it hard when only getting one side of a story, but that's just bad luck. Convicted someone on 12 peoples views of reasonable doubt etc is just insane. No one knows what happened so it should be no murder. It would have been interesting if they actually had a choice other than murder. I feel they were pressured into the one murder charge by him destroying most of the vital evidence. Again not a reason to assume anything.

Yikes that’s rather rude of you and an erroneous assumption that the OP made a false argument. Your assumptions about circumstantial evidence are incorrect. have you read the link regarding circumstantial evidence that I posted earlier? Are you claiming that Ian Barker QCs writing about circumstantial evidence is a false argument?

Most criminal convictions are based solely on circumstantial evidence.

Yep.

The notion that one cannot be convicted on circumstantial evidence is, of course, false. Most criminal convictions are based on circumstantial evidence, although it must be adequate to meet established standards of proof.

Just realised my spelling mistake. It's not Georgie, it's Geordie, which is what I "thought" I typed.
My heart breaks for this young man. Firstly with the death of his Mum, and now hearing and watching his father ‘performing’ in court. And now allegations surrounding doubts about his Mum’s suicide must be playing havoc with his head and heart. I hope he has a good support network and counselling to get through this nightmare.

When the jury delivered its first verdict - not guilty in the murder of Hill - a sigh of relief swept across Lynn's face.

Then, moments later, it all changed with the second verdict - finding him guilty of murdering Clay.

Lynn raised an eyebrow and glanced over towards the jury, realising his fate had been sealed.

RBBM

If that gesture doesn't smack of hubris, I don't know what does.

SMH.

JMVHO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hallowed_disaster164