NE NE - Jason Jolkowski -19 - Omaha - 13 Jun 2001 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It was just the typical festivities centered around the College World Series, which is played every June in Omaha, NE. They have a new stadium now, but back in 2001, it was played at Rosenblatt Stadium. I'm not sure where that is in relation to Jason's home. The event is really great and it draws a lot of fans from the various colleges that participate.
I looked it up on google maps, and Rosenblatt Stadium is 14 minutes by car from Benson High, southeast of it.

It was just the typical festivities centered around the College World Series, which is played every June in Omaha, NE. They have a new stadium now, but back in 2001, it was played at Rosenblatt Stadium. I'm not sure where that is in relation to Jason's home. The event is really great and it draws a lot of fans from the various colleges that participate.
The new stadium is much closer to Jason's home than the old. Rosenblatt was by the Zoo in South Omaha. Charles Schwab Fields is North of downtown. All of Omaha sees and uptick in business because it fills the hotels for a 15-20 mile radius. People still like to visit the Zoo, Old Market and maybe Boystown while they are here.

Though there supposedly and issue with human trafficking at that time, I am not aware of any arrest. All large events in all large cities attract that activity, and the police distribute instructions on how to spot someone in trouble. This rarely effects people in the home town. The people in trouble are usually trafficked in.

There was a strange coincidence that happened on June 13, 2001. Accused killer of Kenyatta Bush, in 1992, was released from jail. Two men were originally found guilty. One died in prison. It was determined later that the one who died acted alone. Many disputed this. There was a bit of an uproar about that.

The new stadium is much closer to Jason's home than the old. Rosenblatt was by the Zoo in South Omaha. Charles Schwab Fields is North of downtown. All of Omaha sees and uptick in business because it fills the hotels for a 15-20 mile radius. People still like to visit the Zoo, Old Market and maybe Boystown while they are here.

Though there supposedly and issue with human trafficking at that time, I am not aware of any arrest. All large events in all large cities attract that activity, and the police distribute instructions on how to spot someone in trouble. This rarely effects people in the home town. The people in trouble are usually trafficked in.

There was a strange coincidence that happened on June 13, 2001. Accused killer of Kenyatta Bush, in 1992, was released from jail. Two men were originally found guilty. One died in prison. It was determined later that the one who died acted alone. Many disputed this. There was a bit of an uproar about that.
I remember vaguely reading that about the coincidence, not sure if it was noted on this thread before, but was it entirely ruled out as possibly having anything to do with JJs disappearance (my question mark isnt working lol)

I remember vaguely reading that about the coincidence, not sure if it was noted on this thread before, but was it entirely ruled out as possibly having anything to do with JJs disappearance (my question mark isnt working lol)
That was one of my earlier wild speculations 2016, unsure if it was ultimately discounted or not, but i expect that it would be, never expected it to pop up again, lol!, imo.

That was one of my earlier wild speculations 2016, unsure if it was ultimately discounted or not, but i expect that it would be, never expected it to pop up again, lol!, imo.
ok dotr, thanks! will read it, so long ago forgot if i did lol!

ok dotr, thanks! will read it, so long ago forgot if i did lol!
Well, that was interesting, reading those posts from 2016. Dont know how I missed them, maybe it was before I was properly following this case. I think that the release of that man on death row was a coincidence, and didnt have to do with Jasons disappearance, IMO. But it was worth mentioning anyways, dotr!

Well, that was interesting, reading those posts from 2016. Dont know how I missed them, maybe it was before I was properly following this case. I think that the release of that man on death row was a coincidence, and didnt have to do with Jasons disappearance, IMO. But it was worth mentioning anyways, dotr!
I think it bears looking into, if investigators haven't already. It truly may be a coincidence, but people are still extremely upset (and rightly so) about the crime, and still believe JS was responsible for it to the point where it's very toxic and vitriolic.

While I think the church needs to be looked into more, particularly fellow members of the congregation who knew Jason because i think the family dissauded LE from following this angle, I don't really see the links in dates and readings at all I'm afraid.

It must be quite common for people to go missing on the same weekday they were born. I have no numbers but i dont think its significant. I was born on Friday, if i disappeared on Friday its not really suspicious is it? Its just one day of 7. And there's nothing significant about him last being in church on Sunday, that's obviously when he was in Church. It would be odder if it was a different day, surely?

I can't see a significance in the bible verse either. There must be literally hundreds of verses about suffering, its one of the main features of Christianity. This verse was about finding strength through adversity in your faith. Not about dying.

Although Saint Anthony is a funny coincidence, I think that's all it is. There must be a tonne of people who disappeared on this date?

I just can't see anyway this was planned in advance to make use of all these dates etc. How did they know there'd be a hailstorm to damage his car? How did they know he'd be called into work early? How did they know his Co worker would come and collect him, how did they know Jason would suggest meeting at the school?

While I think it's worth while looking into the church, I don't think this was some ritualistic murder planned specifically with these dates etc.
Where does it say the family dissuaded LE from looking into church members?

Totally willing to change my thoughts and angle on this. But I still don't think we can rule out someone from the church. From what I understand, law enforcement never checked out people who attended church. If true, I think that was a mistake.
Where is it reported that LE didn’t look at church members?

That's the first time I've heard about JJ making it near to the gas station. If that was the case, then Jason would have more likely walked on Maple St, down from N 48th St (near the Church). That would certainly open up possibilities....but were cameras pointing down Maple St from the school, so if Jason did go that route, he didn't make it to the gas station I wouldn't have thought.

But that is actually interesting...because now I look at the map, if Jason did the route I attached to this post (route1.png), he could have had to go past the Church to get onto Maple Street (depending on if he was walking straight down N 48th St).

Maple Street is actually the more logical road you'd want to walk on; because Benson High School is nearer Maple S than Bedford Ave. hmm. On this route, you go past Fontenelle Blvd, which has the Church car park exposed. If someone was at the Church and offered him a lift...that could be a possibility, but we don't know if A) that's the route he did or B) he made it that far

I always found the neighbour's comment very strange - about Jason "walking towards Benson". How the heck would the neighbour know where Jason was walking towards??? you couldn't possibly know where Jason was heading. The only thing you could say with certainty was that; "I saw Jason walk out of the road he lived on". Just because you saw Jason walking out of the road you live on, you cannot possibly tell if he's walking towards Benson...UNLESS the neighbour saw Jason walk down Pinkney St, which would look like route2.png (attached to post).

If Jason did walk the route showed on route2.png, then I'm running out of ideas and would probably fall back on the "neighbour" theory, where a semi-random neighbour has done something.

Without knowing the exact route he would have taken, no witnesses, no clothing left behind/dropped, and no CCTV, it makes this extremely difficult.
I also read about the gas station sighting. The person who commented mentioned the jersey and that they had a concern for the jersey wearer’s safety.

Going through the people who commented and publicly "shared" the FB Omaha PD post about JJ's anniversary, it seems there are a few people who were friendly with him and actually have memories with him. Interesting that these people haven't seemed to pop up until now. There were a couple people that were in the radio program with him, a couple Fazoli workers, and a handful that knew him from HS. One thing I noticed was that most of the people who were friendly with him in school were from Westside HS- the school that JJ attended for grades 9 and 10 but had to transfer out of due to bullying. Seems he did have some social connections there. Looking through some of these people, I also believe I have finally found the manager at Fazoli's at the time.

Going through the people who commented and publicly "shared" the FB Omaha PD post about JJ's anniversary, it seems there are a few people who were friendly with him and actually have memories with him. Interesting that these people haven't seemed to pop up until now. There were a couple people that were in the radio program with him, a couple Fazoli workers, and a handful that knew him from HS. One thing I noticed was that most of the people who were friendly with him in school were from Westside HS- the school that JJ attended for grades 9 and 10 but had to transfer out of due to bullying. Seems he did have some social connections there. Looking through some of these people, I also believe I have finally found the manager at Fazoli's at the time.
if I was a friend of someone who went missing I'd never speak publicly. That's because people on forums such as this one would immediately make you a suspect. With absolutely zero evidence, people here have speculated that Fazolis and even the girl that was supposed to give him a ride were responsible for or connected to the disappearance.

Obviously, this is all IMHO only:

Note that not everyone who follows this thread believes that Fazoli's and/or JJ's co-worker (who was scheduled to pick him up at the H.S.) had anything to do with his vanishing. I've studied this case extensively, and nothing points to anyone at the restaurant as having anything to do with whatever happened to JJ.

As has been discussed, they called him in early due to being short-staffed. There is absolutely nothing suspicious or odd about this. As someone who used to work at a restaurant when I was roughly JJ's age (though over 12+ years earlier) this type of thing would happen on a semi-regular basis. I.e., an employee would either not come in when they were scheduled or would unexpectedly quit, etc. - and they needed someone to fill in quickly. I suspect this is why they were trying to expedite him getting to work. I.e., since he didn't have his car ATT, they set it up so that the co-worker would go & pick him up - since they presumably really needed him there at that time

I also believe that the man being released on the same day JJ vanished was just a coincidence, and had nothing to do with whatever happened to JJ. The theory that someone mistook JJ for this guy is far-fetched, especially since we don't know where the prison was (where he was released from) in relation to where JJ was walking, etc. I also don't believe that JJ resembled this guy to any great extent - other than possibly having a similar build/height.

Obviously, this is all IMHO only:

Note that not everyone who follows this thread believes that Fazoli's and/or JJ's co-worker (who was scheduled to pick him up at the H.S.) had anything to do with his vanishing. I've studied this case extensively, and nothing points to anyone at the restaurant as having anything to do with whatever happened to JJ.

As has been discussed, they called him in early due to being short-staffed. There is absolutely nothing suspicious or odd about this. As someone who used to work at a restaurant when I was roughly JJ's age (though over 12+ years earlier) this type of thing would happen on a semi-regular basis. I.e., an employee would either not come in when they were scheduled or would unexpectedly quit, etc. - and they needed someone to fill in quickly. I suspect this is why they were trying to expedite him getting to work. I.e., since he didn't have his car ATT, they set it up so that the co-worker would go & pick him up - since they presumably really needed him there at that time

I also believe that the man being released on the same day JJ vanished was just a coincidence, and had nothing to do with whatever happened to JJ. The theory that someone mistook JJ for this guy is far-fetched, especially since we don't know where the prison was (where he was released from) in relation to where JJ was walking, etc. I also don't believe that JJ resembled this guy to any great extent - other than possibly having a similar build/height.
What is your best theory on what may have happened to Jason?

ciriii57 who isnt on the site anymore found a podcast where Jason's mother said it I think. Not sure what podcast though
Lots of church chatter on this thread..

ciriii57 who isnt on the site anymore found a podcast where Jason's mother said it I think. Not sure what podcast though
Interesting. One of the podcasts I listened to featured his mother, and she said everyone and anyone who knew Jason was interviewed, which I took to mean everyone, including his fellow parishioners. I don't recall her stating church members weren't interviewed, and she sounded confident when she stated that everyone had been interviewed. It probably was a different podcast, though.

Definitely odd, I agree.

Well that's very interesting. After JJ went missing, that same Rev said only that Jason was a "prayerful kid, very friendly, very quiet". Now, i don't want to insinuate anything, but that struck me as.....strange. For someone who had a close relationship with the Rev, to say just 6 words about him after he disappears, and then you move away (now granted, that could be for legitimate reasons), just sounds, on the surface, a bit odd (JMO).

As you say, anyone in Omaha at that time could have been a suspect, but I think the very, very limited details about the case point to the idea that it was most likely someone Jason knew, trusted and someone who was extremely quick with the "trap" or possible abduction too.
I think thats a really really far reach.

if I was a friend of someone who went missing I'd never speak publicly. That's because people on forums such as this one would immediately make you a suspect. With absolutely zero evidence, people here have speculated that Fazolis and even the girl that was supposed to give him a ride were responsible for or connected to the disappearance.
I wish I could give you a million thumbs up for this.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back