Found Deceased Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

A massive search to find Jay Slater in Tenerife. This is the latest action by the security forces within the search for the missing Young British man (…)

A statement from the Guardia Civil indicates that the search will take place this Saturday starting at 9.00 in the morning.

(…)

The Guardia Civil has requested the collaboration of all volunteer associations that may be able to help in this search which will be undertaken in a coordinated and focussed manner.

Civil protection officers and firemen are asked to collaborate as well as individual volunteers with knowledge of the terrain.

(..)

Lancashire police were not offering to put feet on the ground, but they do have access to UK criminal records and could have shared that information with the Tenerife police. As Jay was a UK citizen they can also initiate help from interpol and if anything is found to be nefarious and some people are back on UK soil, they could also assist. It was foolish I personally think for them to not to have good grace and accept whatever information could be shared.

I suspect they're appealing for local volunteers familiar with the area rather than foreigners. I can't say I've ever looked at Lancs and thought 'Blimey, that geography looks just like Tenerife.'
I hope, in their last ditch to find him, that they haven't released the floodgates of everyone and anyone, tramping through unfamiliar territory and potentially getting themselves lost.

Lancashire police were not offering to put feet on the ground, but they do have access to UK criminal records and could have shared that information with the Tenerife police. As Jay was a UK citizen they can also initiate help from interpol and if anything is found to be nefarious and some people are back on UK soil, they could also assist. It was foolish I personally think for them to not to have good grace and accept whatever information could be shared.
I also believe the fact they have refused that help confirms they are focusing on misadventure- which may well be the case. But there are previous factors that in the UK would also be investigated and potentially other charges made, even if not directly related.

This area is MASSIVE.
Terrain is rough and dangerous.
They call for volunteers,
but not just anybody
but experienced hikers.

"Given that it is a steep, rocky area, full of uneven terrain and with many ravines, tracks and trails,
we request the collaboration of all those volunteer associations that can help in this planned search that is intended to be carried out in a directed and coordinated way."

From my link upthread
I fully respect that, but think if LE already had the info from these phone calls then this kind of mass appeal and coordinated search should have been made on day 3 at the latest for there to be any hope of finding Jay alive.

Perhaps people go missing so often in the mountains of Tenerife that they can’t muster up that kind of response every time. I am sure there will be good reason for the delay, but the likelihood is they are looking at recovering a body now, when it could have been very different. Time will tell.

Dbm

Last edited:
I fail to see why this would contribute to solving his unfortunate disappearance, given that there is no credible evidence of anyone else being involved.

Apologies if this is a basic question (I am fairly new to this case)
Wasn't his phone supposed to be low on battery ? Why would you decide to make or receive a video call if that were the case ? When was this information about the video call given to the police ? Was it at the start of the investigation or has his friend now just volunteered this information ?

Wasn't his phone supposed to be low on battery ? Why would you decide to make or receive a video call if that were the case ? When was this information about the video call given to the police ? Was it at the start of the investigation or has his friend now just volunteered this information ?

He called Brad prior to calling Lucy. According to brad, Jay was in high spirits when he called. It was only later upon calling Lucy (with low battery) that he sounded distressed.
I'm certain local LE were made aware of this at the very beginning of the search.

I suspect they're appealing for local volunteers familiar with the area rather than foreigners. I can't say I've ever looked at Lancs and thought 'Blimey, that geography looks just like Tenerife.'
Actually, Lancashire has a number of mountains/large hills.

Video calls is just what kids do these days. My daughter never calls me, she only FaceTimes.

Would be interesting to know how much time was inbetween the Snapchat video call with Brad and the FaceTime with Lucy. Also Brad said someone was calling him so he said I’ll call ya back. Who called him and why didn’t he call Brad back? Assuming his phone wasn’t dead.

I was getting a bit of stick on the last thread regarding the last "ping" and Paul Arnott's discrediting of it but not sure how to reply cross thread. But I think it's important and this is why I think it's nonsense.

Firstly, calling the final location a "ping" is misleading. We should have all seen the screenshots in question in previous threads, assuming they are real, what we have is Jay sharing his location via what seems to be WhatsApp. The exact application isn't important, because the location would have been sourced from Apple Location Services on his iPhone, which would have been active as he was reportedly using Apple Maps.

Apple Location services uses four sources for it's location:
  • GPS
  • WiFi. Apple effectively crowdsources the locations of WiFi hotspots.
  • Bluetooth Beacons.
  • Mobile Phone Masts
The latter 3 it uses for triangulation. The algorithm for fusing these sources is proprietary, but we could hazard a guess that in, say, urban areas where WiFi hotspots and masts are plentiful, they can probably save some battery life and bin off the GPS. But Jay was in the back of beyond, so we can be pretty sure the final location was from GPS. Ironically, the fact he was connected to a phone mast makes it more certain. The iPhone uses A-GPS. Which means the Almanac and Ephemeris data can be delivered from the phone network rather than at a super slow bitrate from the satellites. So no long time-to-fix. A nice clear view of the sky to the West too.

Mast Triangulation won't have come into it, so god knows what this influencer is up to. People need to stop taking these self serving nutjobs seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks