Found Deceased Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

This sentence jumped out at me from the article linked above:
"It is not clear how this incident could be linked to Jay's disappearance, but one friend suggested he could've gone to look for the watch."

Seems a very odd thing to say (if it was said at all).
Who went looking for the watch exactly? Because it sounds like Jay is supposed to be looking for the watch and getting lost based on how it is written. (Badly)

I am struggling to see how this could be connected. They allege he stole someone's watch and then decided the best thing to do is to drive 20 miles with 2 men he doesn't know very well to their airb'n'b to hide? he could have also hidden at his own hotel. especially since he then proceeded to leave the place on foot, which is not very stealthy

i can't see many people going to the police to report that their ecstasy was stolen.
I've no idea on the circumstances as i wasnt there. I was merely explaining that rolex is a type of drug that ravers take. I can't understand many aspects of this case as nothing logically makes much sense, i was just offering up something factual that I'd noticed could have been misinterpreted in the many many theories flying around SM

I’m a bit concerned that they’re only NOW checking CCTV outside the club in those “crucial hours”. Surely they’d check that anyway? Like, immediately? Makes me think this news only came out very recently. A shame. Moo.

This sentence jumped out at me from the article linked above:
"It is not clear how this incident could be linked to Jay's disappearance, but one friend suggested he could've gone to look for the watch."

Seems a very odd thing to say (if it was said at all).
Yeah I can’t tell if they’re saying he stole a watch or someone stole one from him. Do 19 year olds wear Rolex watches?

Intriguingly, in this light, I can reveal that local police are now investigating a scuffle outside Papagayo Beach Club shortly after closing time on Monday, June 17 — the most crucial hours in Jay's disappearance — in which a burly Eastern European man allegedly had a valuable Rolex watch stolen.

Last Friday, one of Slater's friends, who had come to Tenerife to join the hunt, told detectives that the early morning incident led directly to Jay going missing. Officers are now examining CCTV footage from the venue's security cameras.

One theory now understood to be on the table is that the Rolex had somehow ended up at the remote mountain cottage to which Slater had travelled, and that he fled into the wilderness in an ill-fated attempt to steal it.
*idk why I assumed that Jay's best friend Brad was also a partier with the group but he came to join the hunt. Did he just arrive and thats why its late to be reported? But hasn't Brad's mom been here since the beginning of searching to support Jays mom? Would she already been aware of this info?
Iirc Brad was already there but stayed to help look and his mom came out to support him and Jay’s mom.

There could be many reasons why the turnout has been so low.
The time that's passed since the disappearance, the treacherous and dangerous terrain, the cost of getting to the area, high temperatures, fear of getting lost themselves, speculation about his lifestyle etc.
Surely it's better that there wasn't an influx of inexperienced people who might, themselves, have got lost.
It's not a normal search, it requires people used to the conditions, and not everyone would want to risk their lives. none of his family and friends have got involved for that reason. So it's those who get paid and the voluntary rescue service. As said previously, he seemed to be having fun and adventure at first, from what we know from his call with brad.

"We know to a certain science that he was here because the coverage of his phone its undeniable that he was around this point. And that’s where we have difficulties, because once you turn off your phone, it can no longer be traced," they said. "So while he was walking - and we don’t know how long he could have walked for - with his phone switched off, no antenna is going to pick that up. And the technology we have - it traces phones, but not people. We have certain clues, and we have to stick to those
In that quoted extract from the police statment you listed.....
Well no you (the police) don't actually.
All you know is that the 'PHONE' was pinging the tower at that point - whether it was with Jay, or instead was not with them and was in the hands of a totally separate person at that point is an entirely different question.
You (the police) should also know by now from the phone company who was providing his roaming access while he was not in the UK as to whether the phone was switched off deliberately by whoever had the phone at the point or whether it simply ran out of power and terminated itself.

I’m a bit concerned that they’re only NOW checking CCTV outside the club in those “crucial hours”. Surely they’d check that anyway? Like, immediately? Makes me think this news only came out very recently. A shame. Moo.
If someone's gone missing in the mountains after 9am, it normally wouldn't be at all relevant to have CCTV of the location they were at at 3am.

Who went looking for the watch exactly? Because it sounds like Jay is supposed to be looking for the watch and getting lost based on how it is written. (Badly)
The theory is that he saw the stolen watch at the Airb&b belonging to the two men he went with, and that he stole it and then fled their house.

All you know is that the 'PHONE' was pinging the tower at that point - whether it was with Jay, or instead was not with them and was in the hands of a totally separate person at that point is an entirely different question.
You (the police) should also know by now from the phone company who was providing his roaming access while he was not in the UK as to whether the phone was switched off deliberately by whoever had the phone at the point or whether it simply ran out of power and terminated itself.
Jay's the one who sent the location from the phone according to the person talking to him on the phone when he sent the location. So at that point the, the point of the location being sent, the phone and Jay should have been at the same location. And that is their starting point for the search as they have no other sightings of either Jay or his phone.

The police should know, as you have pointed out, how the phone was turned off and where its location was

• Find My network: If your device is offline (not connected to Wi-Fi or cellular), Find My can locate it using the Find My network.
    On a supported iPhone, turning on the Find My network allows you to locate your iPhone for up to 24 hours after it’s turned off, or up to 5 hours when it’s in power reserve mode.
  • Send Last Location: If your device’s battery charge level becomes critically low, its location is sent to Apple automatically.

It's not a normal search, it requires people used to the conditions, and not everyone would want to risk their lives. none of his family and friends have got involved for that reason. So it's those who get paid and the voluntary rescue service. As said previously, he seemed to be having fun and adventure at first, from what we know from his call with brad.
Actually his family and friends have been searching, as confirmed by those in charge of the search in today's news articles.

I don't think that theory is very likely, do they mean fled into the wilderness after an attempt to steal a watch? if not why would a watch be in the wilderness for him to attempt to steal it?

It also doesn't tie in with Brad's account of a jokey phone call about walking home either, you link doesn't work for me but I'd be very interested in what they think a timeline would be for this theory?

JMO
Is it possible if Jay did take the watch but he passed it off to one of the players in this party loop and he was trying to retrieve it or did?

I don't see how this watch chatter helps to locate Jay even if there really was a watch stolen outside of the rave that night/early hours of the morning.

It just seems like a continuation of the 'noise' surrounding this case.

Edited to change "phone" to "watch" due to a mistype

They are saying he stole the watch. The theory is that he saw the watch while at the Air B&B with those two British men, that he took it and fled with it.
If this was true, he would have mentioned that to Brad when they were having their laugh and chat that morning. Brad in turn would have surely mentioned it to the police when they first spoke to him surely. So it’s also unusual that it’s only just come out now and the police are only now gathering CCTV.

They are saying he stole the watch. The theory is that he saw the watch while at the Air B&B with those two British men, that he took it and fled with it.
So what’s this got to do with the Eastern European outside the Papagayo nightclub (see article attached)? I thought it had been stolen from him outside the club? Unless the two men stole it from the Eastern European then took it to the cottage. Then Jay stole it from them the next morning and fled?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member