Food and Recipes while under Coronavirus quarantine #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OH no, I tried that float I had in mind with the chocolate milk and club soda, EEECH, so wrong, lol. But didn't waste much product on it and just did chocolate milk, scoop of vanilla, topped with whip cream. Just wanted to play it safe after... OH, so bad, seriously.

I'm so ashamed, LOL...
Lol I really cannot imagine but as I said, this thread is about life on the edge :cool:

Speaking of chocolate milk... I have developed an iced coffee habit and found that half chocolate milk is great because I am actually not supposed to have caffeine anymore. This way I can still have something with a little kick but it won't cause palpitations. Sugar OTOH :rolleyes:

OH no, I tried that float I had in mind with the chocolate milk and club soda, EEECH, so wrong, lol. But didn't waste much product on it and just did chocolate milk, scoop of vanilla, topped with whip cream. Just wanted to play it safe after... OH, so bad, seriously.

I'm so ashamed, LOL...
Well, you’d never know you didn’t like it if you didn’t try it, right?

You reminded me of an ancient tv commercial—
Waiter said: Try it, you’ll like it!
But, what is it?
Try it,you’ll like it!
So I tried it.
Thought I was gonna die.
lol! Anyone else old enough to remember the tv commercial?

When I was a kid I remember making 7Up floats or Coke floats at home. Just the 7Up or Coke with a scoop of ice cream. I loved those!

Well, you’d never know you didn’t like it if you didn’t try it, right?

You reminded me of an ancient tv commercial—
Waiter said: Try it, you’ll like it!
But, what is it?
Try it,you’ll like it!
So I tried it.
Thought I was gonna die.
lol! Anyone else old enough to remember the tv commercial?

When I was a kid I remember making 7Up floats or Coke floats at home. Just the 7Up or Coke with a scoop of ice cream. I loved those!
When we were kids we tried to make floats with Jamaican ginger beer. They were terrible lol!

Do you all have A&W or is that a Canadian thing only? Because A&W root beer floats are superior IMHO. I also think cherry coke would be good with ice cream FWIW :)

Here is a site with some good ice cream float combinations.

I had forgotten about Purple Cow, that was one of our favorites.

I’m trying to remember how we made sodas at the DQ- , milk, soda water, sundae topping, mix with milkshake mixer, add ice cream, top with whipped cream and a cherry. Gosh has it been 50 years?!

Malts were milkshakes with liquid malt added.
Now and then I like a vanilla malt- so i use vanilla ice cream, powdered malt, vanilla and milk and put it in a blender----- ya know what? it doesn't taste anything like the malts I used to get at the soda fountain or even in a diner--

Last edited:
Lol I really cannot imagine but as I said, this thread is about life on the edge :cool:

Speaking of chocolate milk... I have developed an iced coffee habit and found that half chocolate milk is great because I am actually not supposed to have caffeine anymore. This way I can still have something with a little kick but it won't cause palpitations. Sugar OTOH :rolleyes:
I never cared for iced coffee and don't drink coffee at all any more. When I wanted a "specialty" coffee at home, I used to stir a tablespoon or so of Nutella or canned chocolate frosting into a steaming cup of coffee. If I had Cool Whip on hand, I'd top the coffee with a dollop. My "designer" coffee was as good as Starbucks - without the designer price :)

Last edited:
When we were kids we tried to make floats with Jamaican ginger beer. They were terrible lol!

Do you all have A&W or is that a Canadian thing only? Because A&W root beer floats are superior IMHO. I also think cherry coke would be good with ice cream FWIW :)
There are A&Ws in the states, but there isn't one near me. Haven't been to one in many, many years but it was a special treat when I was growing up. We always went to A&W after my ballet recitals. There were still carhops back then, so we sat in the car sipping root beer in heavy chilled mugs. Some grocery stores carry A&W root beer in glass bottles.

There was an A&W with carhops in Pine Hills(Orlando) when I was growing up. Unfortunately that area is now referred to as Crime Hills and the A&W is probably long gone.

I never cared for iced coffee and don't drink coffee at all any more. When I wanted a "specialty" coffee at home, I used to stir a tablespoon or so of Nutella or canned chocolate frosting into a steaming cup of coffee. If I had Cool Whip on hand, I'd top the coffee with a dollop. My "designer" coffee was as good as Starbucks - without the designer price :)
There was a sale on International Delight iced coffee last week. I'm not buying an iced coffee every day, they're $5 at my local place :confused:

Lindt chocolate or a Rolo in the bottom of the mug is the way to go. My mom took me to the A&W carhop when I was little! I can still remember the speaker and everything was bright orange lol. I think the "chilled mug" is their signature thing?

Sounds good!

There was a sale on International Delight iced coffee last week. I'm not buying an iced coffee every day, they're $5 at my local place :confused:

Lindt chocolate or a Rolo in the bottom of the mug is the way to go. My mom took me to the A&W carhop when I was little! I can still remember the speaker and everything was bright orange lol. I think the "chilled mug" is their signature thing?
My family occasionally went to the A&W for root beer as a treat when I was a kid. I remember the heavy chilled mugs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar
Back