Australia - Elizabeth Struhs, 2, killed after parents deny her insulin believing that God would heal her - July 17, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Clearsky

Reaction score

Her father, Jason Struhs, 52, was charged with her murder, along with the leader of an Australian religious group known as the “Saints” to which the family belonged, Brendan Stevens, 62. The girl’s mother, Kerrie Struhs, 49, and brother Zachary Struhs, 21, alongside several other members of the religious group were also charged with manslaughter in her death, according to the BBC.

*Diabetes experts have given evidence at the trial of a religious group, charged with the murder and manslaughter of an eight-year-old girl Toowoomba girl. Nurses and doctors who treated the type-1 diabetic in a previous instance of neglect have told a supreme court judge she was the sickest child they had ever seen

*A clinician who treated Elizabeth Struhs for an earlier episode of Diabetic Ketoacidosis has told a court the girl was "the most seriously unwell child" she had seen in 20 years practising.

In a recorded interview with Detective Sergeant Eugene Waugh, Mr Struhs said Elizabeth became "real bad really quick, she was non-responsive and could barely keep her eyes open".

Asked in the interview why it took so long to take Elizabeth to hospital, Mr Struhs referred to his wife's religious beliefs.

"She would say 'God is going to heal her' and I'd say, 'I don't think so,'" Mr Struhs was recorded saying.

"This is the first time it's ever come to this situation where I have had to do it [take her to hospital] and not worry about it," Mr Struhs said

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy
Back