Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In all the cases I've followed on here, the body has not been found by expert searchers and is found after quite some time by a passerby. As such, I'm not surprised by this latest news and I also don't see it in a negative light. I think Jay will be found eventually, but it could be months or years. It's awful for the family and friends, but I think it's expected.

Edited for typo.

Has their been any media coverage of or interviews with the American woman who gave Lucy a lift to the house in Masca? Has it been verified that this is what happened that morning/this is how Lucy got to the Airbnb?

And I keep on wondering why Brad and/or other friends did not accompany Lucy and the American lady to the Airbnb that morning?

"The search operation is no longer active, but the case is still open and there are several lines of investigation," a Civil Guard spokeswoman told Reuters.

The Civil Guard says the ‘parallel’ investigation by police investigators which they are not sharing information on is continuing despite the suspension of the ‘visible’ mountain search in and around Masca.

Has their been any media coverage of or interviews with the American woman who gave Lucy a lift to the house in Masca? Has it been verified that this is what happened that morning/this is how Lucy got to the Airbnb?
I asked a similar question but was quoting a deleted post so it got deleted. This lady would be easy to find (I know her name from Lucy’s original fb post asking for help) - would be very interesting (for the police) to know how that search went, how easily they found the house etc. Maybe she has already been interviewed.

"The search operation is no longer active, but the case is still open and there are several lines of investigation," a Civil Guard spokeswoman told Reuters.

Exactly as in any of such cases all over the world.
I'm not surprised at all.

They specifically asked for people with expertise. They didn't want just anybody showing up.
I should have been more specific, sorry. I meant that by two weeks in I'd have expected more people to have turned up and searched the road, looking for signs of someone having slid/tumbled off, to give the mountain rescue teams a starting point for where Jay left the road - not that every raver in sliders should have scrambled through the brush yesterday. It seems most of the social media gang preferred to post conspiracies, and hang the family out to dry, rather than volunteer to do something helpful in the early days when it could have made a difference and narrowed down the area. I know the road is narrow etc but I'm sure it would have been possible to temporarily close say 100m lengths of it while it was searched by lines of people from both ends. The rescue teams have had an impossible task, with no real indication of where to start

I asked a similar question but was quoting a deleted post so it got deleted. This lady would be easy to find (I know her name from Lucy’s original fb post asking for help) - would be very interesting (for the police) to know how that search went, how easily they found the house etc. Maybe she has already been interviewed.

I'm SURE she was interviewed/questioned by Police.

Spanish Police know their job.
And NOT everything is leaked to Media.

Maybe the American lady doesn't like her photo splashed all over the front pages.

I absolutely wouldn't!!!

JMO

I'm SURE she was interviewed/questioned by Police.

Spanish Police know their job.
And NOT everything is leaked to Media.

Maybe the American lady doesn't like her photo splashed all over the front pages.

I absolutely wouldn't!!!

JMO
No indeed. Me neither.

There is quite a lot of conversation about how easily Lucy found the AirBnB and I was just making the point that I’m sure this lady’s side of the story would be helpful.

It has been widely reported that Johnny Vegas and his mate were friends of Lucy’s even prior to the rave so I am sure she will have known where they are staying, friends who go to the same island would ask each other where they are staying

It has been widely reported that Johnny Vegas and his mate were friends of Lucy’s even prior to the rave so I am sure she will have known where they are staying, friends who go to the same island would ask each other where they are staying
It has. And you’d think so wouldn’t you? But this isn’t what she has said.

Speaking on GB News, Anne said the fact the police have only ramped up their efforts in recent days shows they “might know something we don’t”.

“Otherwise, they’re just left hanging in limbo.”

Anne commented: “I can’t help wondering what you’re meant to think.

“The fact that the police are still searching, you would thought they must have come to the assumption that he must be dead.

“It’s just that they haven’t found his body yet. Wouldn’t they give up searching? They’re still spending money on searching
*Jay and his mom need a miracle. I believe...miracles happen every day.
At this point, after so many days, I felt that the call for extra volunteers was a last ditch effort to get as many eyes out there as possible to say they'd done everything.

The search has now been called off

This will be devastating news for his family so my thoughts are with them
In this situation I feel like this is the worst outcome. The situation seems most likely to have ended with a fatal fall. But to not know 100% and not be able to take Jay home is awful.

Everyone has fought hard to find him. The searchers, and their special dogs, their efforts have been amazing.

My heart goes out to Jay's family and friends.

Jay Slater timeline

Sunday June 16:
Jay and his friends, including Lucy Mae Law, party at the final day of the NRG music festival at Papagayo night club in the resort of Playa de las Americas, Tenerife.

Monday June 17:
Between 3am and 6am BST, Jay goes back to an Airbnb with two men after they leave Playa de las Americas in a car.

7.30am:
Jay shares a photo on his Snapchat account, which shows him standing at the doorway of a house with the location Parque Rural de Teno.

Between 8.30am and 9am:
Jay calls Lucy and says he is 'lost in the mountains with one per cent battery and no water' and has missed a bus back south and was attempting to walk. It would take 11 hours.

The call cuts out and the phone's last location is a path in the rugged Rural de Teno national park, which is popular with hikers.

Grainy CCTV, released on June 24, shows a possible sighting of Jay at Santiago at around 6pm - nearly ten hours after his mobile phone last pinged in the Rural de Teno Park at around 8.50am.

The CCTV is taken close to a church, San Fernando Rey, where Jay's mother told MailOnline a man has come forward to say he saw someone matching her son's description sitting on a bench with two men.

Tuesday June 18:
Friends search the area but there is no sign of Jay and he does not return to his accommodation.

Local police and mountain rescue teams start hunting for Jay - and his mother Debbie flies to Tenerife.

Wednesday June 19:
Spanish police use drones, dogs and a helicopter but Jay is not found.

They change their search to Los Cristianos because of a possible sighting, but it is ruled out and they return to Rural de Teno.

Thursday June 20:
Guardia Civil, mountain rescue, firefighters and volunteers continue to search the national park.

Friday June 21:
Lancashire Police offer support but it is declined by the Spanish police.

Saturday June 22:
Search teams continue scouring the national park and Debbie says: 'We just need you home.'

Sunday June 23:
Police examine outbuildings at the bottom of a ravine where his phone last pinged.

Monday June 24:
MailOnline learns Spanish police are investigating whether Jay's past is relevant. Jay's family focus on the area of Santiago de Teide - where the grainy CCTV they think is Jay was taken.

Tuesday June 25:
Jay's mother issues a heartbreaking plea for her son to come home as more friends fly out to Tenerife. TV investigator Mark Williams-Thomas is seen outside Airbnb Jay went to.

Wednesday June 26:
Mr Williams-Thomas tells the two men that Jay went back with to 'come forward with crucial information'

Thursday June 27:
Jay's mother says she is in talks to withdraw some of £36,000 from to help with rescue efforts and living expenses.

Friday June 28:
Police in Tenerife call for an army of volunteers to help them scour the rugged terrain.

Saturday June 29:
Only six volunteers show up to help with the search. Investigators also say the two men Jay went back with have 'no relevance' to the case.

Sunday June 30:
Spanish police officially end the search for Jay Slater. They say the investigation 'remains open', however.

One thing I find odd (well, I find many things odd, but one the timeline above reminded me of!)

Lucy was posting on fb first thing Monday morning saying Jay was lost and asking for help to identify his location. And subsequently notified the police v quickly afterwards.

But the first Jay’s mum knew about him being lost was a knock from the police in the middle of the night Monday into Tuesday.

Did none of the friends think to contact her and tell her? Especially as Brad’s mum seems to be a family friend, so she would be able to contact her even if the kids couldn’t directly.

Not sure of relevance but it’s another odd fact among a lot of odd facts.

Having grown up in a council estate and witnessing the wreckless behaviour of teenagers and young adults especially as regards behaviour on drink and drugs and having participated in those risky behaviors myself in my younger years with groups of lads and girls with no sense of danger I can see the mentality of these kids in that environment and Lucy playing the part of mother hen with the lads which is why she was probably berating him in the night club and him telling her to back off hence the wording in the phone call (sorry don't know how to share link but has been stated in post from other poster ) between jay and Lucy when she says "if you ever listen to me now is the time jay go back to the Airbnb " it's sad how this holiday has ended for them all if they were dysfunctional people before they are going to be totally scared and mentally affected by this there is no waking up from this and it all being a bad trip on drugs ,As for the two Airbnb guys I think they may have had similar backgrounds, probably tearaways like jay and his mates dysfunctional and hadn't fully grown up yet so we're taking jay offside till heat died down and thought they were doing the young lad a favour giving him a bed to kip in and get away from trouble brewing outside nightclub and now they are caught up in the middle of shyte that they don't need and all because they tried to help out a fellow brit in/being trouble on holidays but I do think that search has ended the media will turn their attention to them for clicks

I wonder if they do have other information that suggests he may be elsewhere, that we are not privy too. Seems like a very sudden end to the search. JMO.
It reminded me of a firework display. You have fireworks going off over 10 minutes (like the fist couple of weeks of searches) then a big magnificent display as the firework display is coming to an end (like the massive search they did right at the end). I think they had put too much money, time and effort in to searching and knew they couldn't continue after a couple of weeks.

I should have been more specific, sorry. I meant that by two weeks in I'd have expected more people to have turned up and searched the road, looking for signs of someone having slid/tumbled off, to give the mountain rescue teams a starting point for where Jay left the road - not that every raver in sliders should have scrambled through the brush yesterday. It seems most of the social media gang preferred to post conspiracies, and hang the family out to dry, rather than volunteer to do something helpful in the early days when it could have made a difference and narrowed down the area. I know the road is narrow etc but I'm sure it would have been possible to temporarily close say 100m lengths of it while it was searched by lines of people from both ends. The rescue teams have had an impossible task, with no real indication of where to start
It looks like it would be impossible to slide off the road. It has low blocks of concrete all the way along the edge which look to be designed to prevent any kind of sliding off. There are gaps between each block which look to be around one foot wide, so it's possible to choose to leave the road and go downwards through the rocks and cacti. Given that Jay got injured by a cactus, it sounds like he consciously went through one of those gaps or stepped over the concrete blocks. I can't see how else he'd get attacked by a cactus. They don't extend over to the road.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candace22
Back