Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #3

I'm SURE she was interviewed/questioned by Police.

Spanish Police know their job.
And NOT everything is leaked to Media.

Maybe the American lady doesn't like her photo splashed all over the front pages.

I absolutely wouldn't!!!

JMO
No indeed. Me neither.

There is quite a lot of conversation about how easily Lucy found the AirBnB and I was just making the point that I’m sure this lady’s side of the story would be helpful.

It has been widely reported that Johnny Vegas and his mate were friends of Lucy’s even prior to the rave so I am sure she will have known where they are staying, friends who go to the same island would ask each other where they are staying
It has. And you’d think so wouldn’t you? But this isn’t what she has said.

Speaking on GB News, Anne said the fact the police have only ramped up their efforts in recent days shows they “might know something we don’t”.

“Otherwise, they’re just left hanging in limbo.”

Anne commented: “I can’t help wondering what you’re meant to think.

“The fact that the police are still searching, you would thought they must have come to the assumption that he must be dead.

“It’s just that they haven’t found his body yet. Wouldn’t they give up searching? They’re still spending money on searching
*Jay and his mom need a miracle. I believe...miracles happen every day.
At this point, after so many days, I felt that the call for extra volunteers was a last ditch effort to get as many eyes out there as possible to say they'd done everything.

Surely that's exactly what the fund is supposed to be used for.
The fund is just a pool of money to help the family in any way they see fit. When you donate to a fund like this there's no way to control how it's used.

The recipient of a high-profile charitable crowdfund is suddenly in the position of having tens of thousands of pounds at their disposal and an angry public demanding that they use it right. How on earth is an individual already going through the unimaginable horror of losing a son supposed to spend that sum of money in a way that appeases the masses?

I've seen suggestions here and elsewhere that they spend it on everything from restaurant meals for searchers to boots and binoculars. £40k is certainly not enough for twenty teams of expert searchers, as someone here has suggested. £2000 would barely cover the airfares of one team of searchers, let alone accommodation, supplies, food and salaries.

The family is certainly not in a position to coordinate searches. Maybe they'll use the money wisely and maybe they won't, but it's ludicrous to throw money at a distraught family and then demand that they handle it in a way that satisfies every angry tabloid reader on the planet.

The search has now been called off

This will be devastating news for his family so my thoughts are with them
In this situation I feel like this is the worst outcome. The situation seems most likely to have ended with a fatal fall. But to not know 100% and not be able to take Jay home is awful.

Everyone has fought hard to find him. The searchers, and their special dogs, their efforts have been amazing.

My heart goes out to Jay's family and friends.

The fund is just a pool of money to help the family in any way they see fit. When you donate to a fund like this there's no way to control how it's used.

The recipient of a high-profile charitable crowdfund is suddenly in the position of having tens of thousands of pounds at their disposal and an angry public demanding that they use it right. How on earth is an individual already going through the unimaginable horror of losing a son supposed to spend that sum of money in a way that appeases the masses?

I've seen suggestions here and elsewhere that they spend it on everything from restaurant meals for searchers to boots and binoculars. £40k is certainly not enough for twenty teams of expert searchers, as someone here has suggested. £2000 would barely cover the airfares of one team of searchers, let alone accommodation, supplies, food and salaries.

The family is certainly not in a position to coordinate searches. Maybe they'll use the money wisely and maybe they won't, but it's ludicrous to throw money at a distraught family and then demand that they handle it in a way that satisfies every angry tabloid reader on the planet.
Indeed, and they will need to keep a lot aside for transporting his body back to UK and his funeral, both cost a lot of money

Time will tell what they actually spend it on, it seems to have started with various "friends and family members" being looked after on Tenerife. They weren't so distraught and disoriented that they couldn't manage that.

His mother said:

We are currently working with to withdraw part of the funds, which are being safely held. I wanted to share that these funds will be used to support the mountain rescue teams who are tirelessly searching for Jay.

Again not so distraught and disoriented that she didn't have time for the fund page!

Of course I have and if I sent you a photo of my feet from the holiday cottage in Cornwall I was in with the words “hey look at me. I’m right here in Cornwall” I’m sure you’d be on the exact house in a flash and know exactly how to get there in the quickest time

It’s for the birds mate.

Absolutely fanciful

Unless she knew it because she had been there before and then that changes everything doesn’t it

There’s no point going thread to the needle on the information these people have given the authorities. It is deliberate duff information. That’s why it makes no sense

A two week look-over-there-not-here wild goose chase

The police look like they have come to the same conclusion and are not wasting any time looking under any more thorny bushes

Tells you all you need to know

ETA. Think I replied to the wrong post there. Apols
Cornwall has a lot more houses in it than Masca does. I don't think that's a very good comparison.

Masca's more akin to a single small street in Cornwall. A street that doesn't have identical houses. One where there's a cafe or pub that a lot of locals have probably been round the back of in the past.

We also have zero evidence that the relevant individuals have given duff info to police, deliberately or otherwise.

Terrain/mountain searches do usually end after 10 days to two weeks if they haven't located the missing person. That in no way implies that anyone has lied or even that the missing person isn't somewhere in the search area or close to it.

It has. And you’d think so wouldn’t you? But this isn’t what she has said.
Isla states that the gang had known them all week and they had a bed made up there for them, you would have thought they'd have exchanged numbers or SM profiles with each other, so why would Lucy be down at the police station and driving around looking for the place.. and then panic so much she sets up a almost straight the way.... What's the big panic?
Also why didn't Jay just go back to the Airbnb and say I have missed the bus guys, get his head down or ask for a lift back.

And people should definitely review that video from the club with wobbly jaw Jay... I am not so sure it's from drugs anymore, watching that footage in slow motion you can clearly see there is an alteration with Lucy (who was supposed to have gone home early) she's grabbing him by the wrists and saying something to him Brad is leaving looking pretty worried about something and then she has the bag, then it looks like she slaps him what is very clear after that is he forcefully snatches the bag from her and walks out in line after brad.

Sorry but they have the mentality of children being the age they are, there are a lot of half truths and it has hindered any search operation, example the police only just started viewing some alteration outside the club
MOO

Isla states that the gang had known them all week and they had a bed made up there for them, you would have thought they'd have exchanged numbers or SM profiles with each other, so why would Lucy be down at the police station and driving around looking for the place.. and then panic so much she sets up a almost straight the way.... What's the big panic?
Also why didn't Jay just go back to the Airbnb and say I have missed the bus guys, get his head down or ask for a lift back.

And people should definitely review that video from the club with wobbly jaw Jay... I am not so sure it's from drugs anymore, watching that footage in slow motion you can clearly see there is an alteration with Lucy (who was supposed to have gone home early) she's grabbing him by the wrists and saying something to him Brad is leaving looking pretty worried about something and then she has the bag, then it looks like she slaps him what is very clear after that is he forcefully snatches the bag from her and walks out in line after brad.

Sorry but they have the mentality of children being the age they are, there are a lot of half truths and it has hindered any search operation, example the police only just started viewing some alteration outside the club
MOO
Could you please cite the half-truths? Cheers.

Jay Slater timeline

Sunday June 16:
Jay and his friends, including Lucy Mae Law, party at the final day of the NRG music festival at Papagayo night club in the resort of Playa de las Americas, Tenerife.

Monday June 17:
Between 3am and 6am BST, Jay goes back to an Airbnb with two men after they leave Playa de las Americas in a car.

7.30am:
Jay shares a photo on his Snapchat account, which shows him standing at the doorway of a house with the location Parque Rural de Teno.

Between 8.30am and 9am:
Jay calls Lucy and says he is 'lost in the mountains with one per cent battery and no water' and has missed a bus back south and was attempting to walk. It would take 11 hours.

The call cuts out and the phone's last location is a path in the rugged Rural de Teno national park, which is popular with hikers.

Grainy CCTV, released on June 24, shows a possible sighting of Jay at Santiago at around 6pm - nearly ten hours after his mobile phone last pinged in the Rural de Teno Park at around 8.50am.

The CCTV is taken close to a church, San Fernando Rey, where Jay's mother told MailOnline a man has come forward to say he saw someone matching her son's description sitting on a bench with two men.

Tuesday June 18:
Friends search the area but there is no sign of Jay and he does not return to his accommodation.

Local police and mountain rescue teams start hunting for Jay - and his mother Debbie flies to Tenerife.

Wednesday June 19:
Spanish police use drones, dogs and a helicopter but Jay is not found.

They change their search to Los Cristianos because of a possible sighting, but it is ruled out and they return to Rural de Teno.

Thursday June 20:
Guardia Civil, mountain rescue, firefighters and volunteers continue to search the national park.

Friday June 21:
Lancashire Police offer support but it is declined by the Spanish police.

Saturday June 22:
Search teams continue scouring the national park and Debbie says: 'We just need you home.'

Sunday June 23:
Police examine outbuildings at the bottom of a ravine where his phone last pinged.

Monday June 24:
MailOnline learns Spanish police are investigating whether Jay's past is relevant. Jay's family focus on the area of Santiago de Teide - where the grainy CCTV they think is Jay was taken.

Tuesday June 25:
Jay's mother issues a heartbreaking plea for her son to come home as more friends fly out to Tenerife. TV investigator Mark Williams-Thomas is seen outside Airbnb Jay went to.

Wednesday June 26:
Mr Williams-Thomas tells the two men that Jay went back with to 'come forward with crucial information'

Thursday June 27:
Jay's mother says she is in talks to withdraw some of £36,000 from to help with rescue efforts and living expenses.

Friday June 28:
Police in Tenerife call for an army of volunteers to help them scour the rugged terrain.

Saturday June 29:
Only six volunteers show up to help with the search. Investigators also say the two men Jay went back with have 'no relevance' to the case.

Sunday June 30:
Spanish police officially end the search for Jay Slater. They say the investigation 'remains open', however.

hi new here always came here for news in all the one place thank you to all the posters who work hard gathering all the articles

I feel that jay may have gotten further along the route then the area that has been throughly searched as I feel animal activity overhead would point to a particular place and in that heat a dead body would smell putrid and alert the search dogs and the amount of flies would create a loud buzzing ,I think he is dead ,if he reached civilisation I would imagine you would ask to use someone's phone unfortunately I think it will be a randomor that will find him eventually..as regards the watch I think perhaps he was involved even if only by association similar to machete attack I don't think he wanted to leave to chance been seen by the guy the watch was stolen from tenerife is relatively small and in a paranoid mind he may think what if that guy was driving along the road hence why he took the off beaten track if drugs were ingested the night /morning of disappearance it would have gave him bravado and a sense of look at me I'm a mad *advertiser censored* lads

My opinion is that there is more that we don't know about these two older guys from the Airbnb, they had only planned to stay in Tenerife for 2 nights and were booked the fly back the Monday jay went missing. Were they trying to pass on drugs to be sold there before they left? Were they trying to recruit him? They offered to drop him back later in the day on their way to the airport. Did jay come across as easily influenced to these guys and they tried to take advantage? It's a big age gap.
These older guys who are also from the U.K have been extremely lucky that their full identities haven't been shared on the countless Facebook pages. The one evening where their photos started getting shared was followed the next day by Brad saying he saw jay sliding down the mountains. The search then shifted to more towards the Airbnb for a couple of days before being called off?
It went from "he wouldn't of left the road" to "we saw a video of him off road"

Could you please cite the half-truths? Cheers.
Well two things one she said she went home early and yet the video footage clearly shows she was there arguing with Jay, maybe assaulting him, him yanking his bag off her, and then leaving after Brad,
Two to start with apparently the two men were unknown to them hence her having to work out his last location via his pinpoint and picture but now according to Islas video clearing up questions they knew the men well and had been hanging with them all week. Other reports in media say they were known associates of Lucy I'd take that with a pinch of salt, but if they knew them well what was all the initial panic about.

To me the video clearly shows there is an argument between Jay and Lucy, the gang gets out of there fast Brad looking very nervous and Jay following behind that's the footage the media has been saying is hours before his disappearance. She claims she left early well not according to the footage

One thing I find odd (well, I find many things odd, but one the timeline above reminded me of!)

Lucy was posting on fb first thing Monday morning saying Jay was lost and asking for help to identify his location. And subsequently notified the police v quickly afterwards.

But the first Jay’s mum knew about him being lost was a knock from the police in the middle of the night Monday into Tuesday.

Did none of the friends think to contact her and tell her? Especially as Brad’s mum seems to be a family friend, so she would be able to contact her even if the kids couldn’t directly.

Not sure of relevance but it’s another odd fact among a lot of odd facts.

Having grown up in a council estate and witnessing the wreckless behaviour of teenagers and young adults especially as regards behaviour on drink and drugs and having participated in those risky behaviors myself in my younger years with groups of lads and girls with no sense of danger I can see the mentality of these kids in that environment and Lucy playing the part of mother hen with the lads which is why she was probably berating him in the night club and him telling her to back off hence the wording in the phone call (sorry don't know how to share link but has been stated in post from other poster ) between jay and Lucy when she says "if you ever listen to me now is the time jay go back to the Airbnb " it's sad how this holiday has ended for them all if they were dysfunctional people before they are going to be totally scared and mentally affected by this there is no waking up from this and it all being a bad trip on drugs ,As for the two Airbnb guys I think they may have had similar backgrounds, probably tearaways like jay and his mates dysfunctional and hadn't fully grown up yet so we're taking jay offside till heat died down and thought they were doing the young lad a favour giving him a bed to kip in and get away from trouble brewing outside nightclub and now they are caught up in the middle of shyte that they don't need and all because they tried to help out a fellow brit in/being trouble on holidays but I do think that search has ended the media will turn their attention to them for clicks

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CosDog
Back