Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Allegedly, news outlets are reporting that there was a Snapchat of Jay showing the Rolex while being in the car to the airbnb

"During the hour-long drive, Mark claims Jay posted a Snapchat saying he had taken a Rolex worth £12,000 from an unknown person."
So according to that article he stole the watch during the festival, not these 2 men from the air bnb. It wouldn’t make sense for him to steal the Rolex from the same men he was going back to the bnb with, whilst also making Snapchat videos in the car with them..

I honestly don’t think this has anything to do with his disappearance and I still believe he had an accident during his walk back. This is just my opinion.

I highly doubt that he'd steal a watch from somebody before traveling back to their accommodation wilfully (he allegedly boasted about the theft during the car journey. That doesn't sound like somebody under duress).
I think what's more likely is that he allegedly stole a watch from a third party at the club, and then left with these two men.
They may have been aware of the theft and were assisting Jay in making his escape. Or they may have been completely unaware of the theft.

This is all assuming that Jay did steal a watch in the first place.
Yes I completely agree. I was just confused with what the article was suggesting.

This is likely all coincidence, but I found it somewhat odd nonetheless:
Pensión Playa, one of the Hotels in Los Cristianos (where Jay and his group were staying) has a picture showing a blanket draped across one of the beds:
View attachment 515113

This blanket bears a striking resemblance to the blanket being worn by the individual alleged to be Jay in the snapchat taken at the villa in Masca:
View attachment 515114

Now, we don't know that this is the particular Hotel that LL was using, however a 'Lucy' left a review on the 16th of June that ties in pretty neatly with the group's stay. (Jay arrived on the 13th):
View attachment 515115

Now, this is all circumstantial. There's nothing solid to indicate that the 'Lucy' who left the review is LL; there's a good chance that these blankets are sold all over the island, and are as ubiquitous as those awful 'Live, Laugh, Love' murals are in the UK - but it still seems like quite the coincidence that this blanket would appear twice in two completely different areas of the island whilst still connected to the same individual. I think it's safe to assume that Jay didn't take the blanket clubbing with him that evening. JMO.

Edit: Link to the Hotel on Booking.com - Pensión Playa, Los Cristianos, Spain

The blanket definitely matches! Good on you for finding that!

The blankets have been discussed and compared on SM for a while and although they do look similar if they are shown side by side the patterns aren't the same. Maybe this is a popular design on Tenerife?

Exactly. It’s probably a common design, used in several hotels and also purchased by owners of AirBnBs.

Are they assuming the Rolex stolen was from one of the men staying in the air bnb?

If this is true, my wondering is this why he didn’t use the road to walk back to his hotel to avoid being seen? Was he afraid the men would wake up and notice the watch was stolen and come looking for him?
I'm curious about the wording "they" had stolen a Rolex watch.

I'm curious about the wording "they" had stolen a Rolex watch.
If the Snapchat is legitimate, it has a text at the bottom implying it was Jay and the "2 maili kids". I don't know enough about the 2 man he went to the airbnb with or their origins, but someone said it might refer to people from Somalia? Not sure how it correlates

If the Snapchat is legitimate, it has a text at the bottom implying it was Jay and the "2 maili kids". I don't know enough about the 2 man he went to the airbnb with or their origins, but someone said it might refer to people from Somalia? Not sure how it correlates

Maili / Mali / Somalia / Malta / Morocco - take your pick!

So according to that article he stole the watch during the festival, not these 2 men from the air bnb. It wouldn’t make sense for him to steal the Rolex from the same men he was going back to the bnb with, whilst also making Snapchat videos in the car with them..

I honestly don’t think this has anything to do with his disappearance and I still believe he had an accident during his walk back. This is just my opinion.
Just spitballing, but if Jay did steal the watch, is there a possibility that the on learning this, the two men threatened Jay or otherwise made him feel unsafe in their company?

Jonathan-Nofiu Atanda (Jonny Vee) - one of the individuals who travelled back with Jay to the AirBnB has prior convictions for violent crime. It's safe to assume that he isn't the most savoury of individuals. Jay, being 19 and alone with these two men, places him in an extremely vulnerable position. On learning that Jay was allegedly in possession of a £12k stolen watch, were there any indications that these men were going to take the watch for themselves? Did this prompt Jay to make an early morning escape from the Villa, whilst the two men were possibly still asleep?

This would perhaps explain why Jay did not feel comfortable waiting for a bus, and instead headed north ('walking quickly' according to Ofelia) into the mountains. Perhaps he was concerned that the two men would wake up and give chase, and thought that they would take the road south looking for him as that would be the most obvious direction for him to head?

Just spitballing, but if Jay did steal the watch, is there a possibility that the on learning this, the two men threatened Jay or otherwise made him feel unsafe in their company?

Jonathan-Nofiu Atanda (Jonny Vee) - one of the individuals who travelled back with Jay to the AirBnB has prior convictions for violent crime. It's safe to assume that he isn't the most savoury of individuals. Jay, being 19 and alone with these two men, places him in an extremely vulnerable position. On learning that Jay was allegedly in possession of a £12k stolen watch, were there any indications that these men were going to take the watch for themselves? Did this prompt Jay to make an early morning escape from the Villa, whilst the two men were possibly still asleep?

This would perhaps explain why Jay did not feel comfortable waiting for a bus, and instead headed north ('walking quickly' according to Ofelia) into the mountains. Perhaps he was concerned that the two men would wake up and give chase, and thought that they would take the road south looking for him as that would be the most obvious direction for him to head?
This does make sense however I do not see the sense of urgency in his Snapchat pics. He was comfortable enough to smoke a cigarette outside the property, then take another pic of his location on Snapchat. (The one which shows the white car outside the air bnb and views of the mountains)

To me this shows he had no urgency of getting away quickly.

" 'It was supposed to make this town safer'

1720000895053.png
The road was supposed to make it safer for [tourists and hikers], but here we are', said locals

Tiptoeing through dense desert vegetation,
sidling along dusty paths almost too narrow to step along,
dodging vicious cacti barbs at ruler-length or more,
signs everywhere saying rocks could fall down sheer cliff faces at any moment.

Only experts can navigate this harsh, unforgiving landscape where one false move could leave you in serious trouble.

One major thing was supposed to make this place safer, locals said.

A sweeping road was laid out, built only last year,
according to Tenerife residents.

It was ‘built to make the area safer, easier for people to get in and out of’,
they said.

It was built to avoid something like this.
Around this remote, mountainous town of Masca, Tenerife, 19-year-old Jay Slater has still found himself missing,
with his phone last tracked and the final sighting of him nearby."

I find it odd that Mark W-T is saying he’s confirmed that Jay had stolen a Rolex, when in the Snapchat he’s citing as proof of this (along with conversations he’s had with Jay’s friends), Jay is boasting about stealing a different brand of watch (AP).

It probably doesn’t matter to the outcome, but details and accuracy matter if you’re a detective I’d have thought?

I'm not always a fan of MWT but I found this a good summary with new things that I hadn't heard before. I'm still not sure that anything about watches or airbnb renters is directly related to what has happened to Jay other than it led to him being out in the mountains with no phone battery

JMO

This does make sense however I do not see the sense of urgency in his Snapchat pics. He was comfortable enough to smoke a cigarette outside the property, then take another pic of his location on Snapchat. (The one which shows the white car outside the air bnb and views of the mountains)

To me this shows he had no urgency of getting away quickly.
We know he was in contact with Brad, Lucy and possibly Brandon that day. What if one of them had encouraged him to leave shortly after those snapchats were taken? i.e. "You need to take the watch and get out of there now, before they wake up!". This is something that they would certainly not have been forthcoming about when speaking to LE.

Again, it's a big 'what if' and obviously JMO.

I find it odd that Mark W-T is saying he’s confirmed that Jay had stolen a Rolex, when in the Snapchat he’s citing as proof of this (along with conversations he’s had with Jay’s friends), Jay is boasting about stealing a different brand of watch (AP).

It probably doesn’t matter to the outcome, but details and accuracy matter if you’re a detective I’d have thought?
I noticed that too, it certainly raises questions about the validity of the watch element

I noticed that too, it certainly raises questions about the validity of the watch element

Could be as simple as someone saying “it’s like a Rolex” and that getting repeated.

Or the alleged Jay Snapchat saying it’s an AP is fake.

Either way it appears Jay did indeed nick a watch that night, and intended to sell it. Question is, where is it right now?

Could be as simple as someone saying “it’s like a Rolex” and that getting repeated.

Or the alleged Jay Snapchat saying it’s an AP is fake.

Either way it appears Jay did indeed nick a watch that night, and intended to sell it. Question is, where is it right now?
Yeah, I suspect 'Rolex' has become synonymous with any luxury watch brand, the same way that 'Jeep' seems to have become synonymous with any 4x4. With certain groups, at least.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice
Back