UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 8 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 5 hung re attempted #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

"Dr Shoo Lee, an academic who researched the phenomenon of air embolus in babies in 1989, gave evidence to the court of appeal on behalf of the defence, telling judges that the “only sign” of it was of pink blood vessels “superimposed” on a pink or blue body"

The defence had an expert on AE but only for this trial? How comes he came so late, present only in the appeal?

Anyone care to gauge why lucy letby showed emotion when the clip of Dr j talking about catching her was shown? I would guess its to do with her almost being forced to acknowledge that she was indeed caught in the act. Maybe the denial is actually a clinical thing in this one? Makes sense to me.

"It was clear that Letby had been shielded in prison from the full blaze of publicity that followed her convictions when, on day five, she became tearful as an ITV News interview with Jayaram was played in court. In the seconds-long clip, the doctor said walking in on Letby with Baby K was “etched in my nightmares for ever”. At this, she welled up, her only flicker of emotion throughout."

Throughout any sign of emotion was for herself.

To be able to sit there emotionless when babies parents weep at the verdict is just unfathomable to me.

Throughout any sign of emotion was for herself.

To be able to sit there emotionless when babies parents weep at the verdict is just unfathomable to me.
It is, but I think if she was someone who would get emotional over the pain of others then she wouldn't have been able to do what she did in the first place. She has zero empathy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beruptus
Back