Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The ophthalmologist wasn’t there. No one knows the light conditions that night the rape lasted four hours, he must have had a light source for filming and there may be early day light when he left.
Didn’t HaB also said she would recognise his voice?

So a no show - but the article you posted with this statement is from October, 2022....

Any news on what did happen Friday? TIA! :)

The point I'm trying (and failing!) to make is that surely that's a given! That the attacker having piercing blue eyes alone is weak evidence since there's no way of knowing if those piercing blue eyes belonged to CB, expert or no expert's conclusions. The stronger evidence in HaB's case is the MO and this alleged scar on her attacker's thigh. It just seems to me to be surplus to requirements, bringing in an ophthalmologist, when all that ophthalmologist can ultimately say is that there's no way of telling if those eyes belonged to CB. Which logic alone would tell us anyway.

I hope that makes some sense.
It makes perfect sense for me.
If the correction of the "rabbit teeth" jawline realignment and the removal of the distinguishing mark on his thigh are verified, that represents very powerful corresponding evidence. confirmation of which in effect cancels out any defence in two of the five cases.
  • I'm not sure if the former was raised in court
  • but the latter was attested to
Stating the obvious and calling an expert witness in an attempt to challenge the eye witness's evidence is flagging up sheer desperation on the part of the defence and the fact that they are having to defend the indefensible.
My opinion

The point I'm trying (and failing!) to make is that surely that's a given! That the attacker having piercing blue eyes alone is weak evidence since there's no way of knowing if those piercing blue eyes belonged to CB, expert or no expert's conclusions. The stronger evidence in HaB's case is the MO and this alleged scar on her attacker's thigh. It just seems to me to be surplus to requirements, bringing in an ophthalmologist, when all that ophthalmologist can ultimately say is that there's no way of telling if those eyes belonged to CB. Which logic alone would tell us anyway.

I hope that makes some sense.
What scar, the victim said it might have been a run in the tights.

Rape process

Christian B. driven into the courtroom in a wheelchair

In the almost one-hour negotiation against Christian B., no big twists were expected on Friday. However, there was a surprise in the trial of the suspect also in the Maddie case.

In the rape trial against the suspect also in the Maddie case, the defendant was driven into the hall in a wheelchair on Friday. In addition to the handcuffs, 47-year-old Christian B. also wore ankle cuffs and a belly belt over his jacket. The unusual appearance in the almost one-hour trial in the Braunschweig district court was not discussed.

She is not aware of a safety-relevant background, said a court spokeswoman on request. And she could not provide any information about the state of health of the accused. Defender Philipp Marquort explained after the short trial that his client had complained in advance of foot pain and had been treated. There were no further details at first. Finally, the presiding judge wished a general good recovery. Due to the illness of an alderman, several trial days had previously been cancelled.

The multiple convicted sex offender has been on trial since February because he is accused of three rapes and two cases of sexual abuse of children. However, the proceedings arouse great interest above all because the defendant is also under suspicion of murder in the case of three-year-old Madeleine McCann, who disappeared from a Portuguese holiday resort in 2007. However, the Maddie complex is not the subject of the current trial and the presumption of innocence applies.“
Strangely or maybe not the brit press haven't picked up this, they have by and large given up on the trial ,it doesn't seem to have been reported elsewhere, all in all a non event.

Strangely or maybe not the brit press haven't picked up this, they have by and large given up on the trial ,it doesn't seem to have been reported elsewhere, all in all a non event.
I think there weren’t much journalists on Friday. Also the first day the BZ did not report. It was announced to last only a single hour.

I think there weren’t much journalists on Friday. Also the first day the BZ did not report. It was announced to last only a single hour.
When he allegedly complained about the food it soon made headlines here.

The only reason any reporting has been done at all is because of the notoriety associated with CB.

Absolutely nobody cracked a light about the enormously horrific ordeal of rape and torture to which he subjected DM.
While CB was just a run of the mill ordinary, anonymous pervert his heinous crime was investigated resulting in him being
  • - arrested
  • - charged
  • - brought to trial
  • - found guilty as charged
  • - and given a seven year prison sentence
none of which caused any sort of stir until very large hints were released in a 2019 Australian podcast pertaining to CB's identity.

It is strange how things pan out though. Without the resulting publicity regarding the DM rape and torture I doubt if CB would be facing the five charges he stands trial for today.
That is almost certainly true regarding the HB aggravated rape; so it is possible that the due process when he was eligible for parole might have proceeded unchallenged and if he had managed to keep his nose clean and not disappeared he could soon have been a free man.
My opinion

I'm still really intrigued why it was deemed necessary to shackle him in leg irons etc in Friday's court.

Has JC given up. as I haven't seen any Olive Press links lately.

I don't know what the arrangements might be regarding court reporting but I can think of a few barriers preventing a small provincial publication from following every move in a trial lasting many months in a foreign country.
  • the first is language: does JC speak German and if so would he be fluent enough to do his own reporting
  • if an interpreter with the required skills is required that = expense
  • doing his own reporting would involve more expenditure for accommodation and travel. Bearing in mind that this trial has been running since February this year; that is a long time invoking hefty expenditure.
  • JC knows his target audience and as far as ticking the boxes goes, has probably covered as much of the trial as he needs to
The trial is in Germany. JC is based in Spain. I doubt he has given up on anything but bankrupting himself for the reasons I mentioned above.
My opinion

Was just posted as a press release from the court that there will be 2 more extra days in September.

Proceedings before the 2nd Criminal Chamber in connection with five offences against sexual self-determination - file number 2 KLs 213 Js 52790/18 (15/22) - Two further continuation dates

With regard to proceedings 2 KLs 213 Js 52790/18 (15/22), which began on 16 February 2024 (see separate press preview for 2 KLs 15/22), further continuation dates have been scheduled for

Friday, 06 September 2024, 09:00 a.m.

Wednesday, 25 September 2024, 09:00 a.m.

Room see notice board

The next continuation date has been scheduled for

Friday, 05 July 2024, 09:00 a.m.

probably: Room 141

Please note that the overview of dates is not binding. Any changes can be found on the notice board in the court and will also be announced by the press office in a press release.“

Was just posted as a press release from the court that there will be 2 more extra days in September.

Proceedings before the 2nd Criminal Chamber in connection with five offences against sexual self-determination - file number 2 KLs 213 Js 52790/18 (15/22) - Two further continuation dates

With regard to proceedings 2 KLs 213 Js 52790/18 (15/22), which began on 16 February 2024 (see separate press preview for 2 KLs 15/22), further continuation dates have been scheduled for

Room see notice board

Please note that the overview of dates is not binding. Any changes can be found on the notice board in the court and will also be announced by the press office in a press release.“
One supposes these are for the ones lost last week.

Room see notice board

Does 2nd Criminal Chamber have any significance regarding type or severity of crime, or is it just Court Room No. 2 ?

Court lifts arrest warrant against Christian B.
07/03/2024, 02:44 PM • Reading time: 4 minutes

Braunschweig. He has to answer for five sexual offenses before the Braunschweig Regional Court. An acquittal seems increasingly likely.

The sensational news came by email on Wednesday afternoon. The Braunschweig Regional Court announces: In the trial against Christian B. the arrest warrant is lifted at the request of the defence. It is currently on trial for three cases of rape and two cases of child abuse. However, the lifting of his arrest warrant does not mean that he will now walk out of the court as a free man.

Court lifts arrest warrant against Christian B.
07/03/2024, 02:44 PM • Reading time: 4 minutes

Braunschweig. He has to answer for five sexual offenses before the Braunschweig Regional Court. An acquittal seems increasingly likely.

The sensational news came by email on Wednesday afternoon. The Braunschweig Regional Court announces: In the trial against Christian B. the arrest warrant is lifted at the request of the defence. It is currently on trial for three cases of rape and two cases of child abuse. However, the lifting of his arrest warrant does not mean that he will now walk out of the court as a free man.
I assume this refers to the remainder of his existing sentence that he has to serve.

I assume this refers to the remainder of his existing sentence that he has to serve.
Yes, but the thinking is an aquital is likely( German journalist) and there now needs to be movement in the MM case( urgent suspicion), CB is likely to be freed in 2025.

Olive Press.

A GERMAN court has quashed an arrest warrant that was issued for Madeleine Mccann suspect Christian Brueckner for a series of alleged sexual assaults and rapes.

It means the paedophile and rapist, who is currently on trial for said crimes, could be freed within months.

A judge at Braunschweig Court agreed with Brueckner’s defence that there was not enough evidence to keep him behind bars for five separate sex offences.
Ute Engemann believes that the evidence in the case of three rapes and two child abuse cases is not strong enough.

This is despite the German expat being caught exposing himself to a group of children in Portugal in 2017.

This afternoon a press release was issued by the court announcing that the warrant had been quashed.

The document says that ‘the Chamber cancels the arrest warrant.’

It adds: “In proceedings 2 KLs 213 Js 52790/18 (15/22) in connection with five acts against sexual self-determination, the Chamber revoked the arrest warrant at the request of the Defence because the Chamber denies an urgent suspicion of all charges.”

The move is almost certain to be appealed and will cause huge controversy.

Today one of the witnesses Helge Busching told the Olive Press: “This makes a total mockery of German justice.

“It’s taken years off my life and now they want to set this sick man free?”

German Busching, who lived for many years in Spain and Portugal, had helped to convict Brueckner of the rape of an American pensioner Diana Menkes, in 2005.

The seven-year sentence comes to an end next year but he could be freed earlier. Busching spent three years in witness protection.

In that case, in Praia da Luz, where Madeleine went missing in 2007, police found a hair in the 71-year-old victim’s bedroom.

The hair, which had been kept in a crime storage box, matched Brucekner’s DNA.

She had been sadistically beaten and raped during a three hour ordeal which he filmed.

The lawyer of Irish rape victim Hazel Behan described the court’s decision today as a ‘very bad signal’. Hazel has declined to comment so far.

Prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters is away on a three-week holiday and is unavailable for comment.

It is likely that a quick decision will now be made on whether to prosecute Brueckner over the abduction of Madeleine McCann.

This is despite prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters indicating to the Olive Press that a trial wouldn’t be until next year.

The court last week confirmed Brueckner’s legal team had applied to get the arrest warrant overturned.
His lawyer Friedrich Fulscher said he could soon be released from prison if it proved successful.

“If it is overturned and he is ultimately acquitted, he would be released in spring next year at the latest,” he told Sky News.

He added: “I am sure this will be granted. I can’t imagine it any other way.

“After the evidence had been taken, not a single accusation had been substantiated in such a way that one can speak of a suspicion of an offence.”

What would be the point in cancelling the arrest warrant, ( at the request of the defence ) if the judge was going to bring in a guilty verdict ?
From the OP article it says the Judge said the cases were not strong enough.So an aquital so you're right.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herr_indoors
Back