ID ID - Terrence Woods, 27, missing, Penman Mine near Orogrande, 5 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Terrence-Woods-Jr-1e6a28.jpg

Terrence Woods Jr. always had big dreams. He wanted to be a film producer.

“That’s what he went to school for,” his father, Terrence Woods Sr., told Dateline. “He graduated from the University of Maryland, then he went to London and got a double master’s degree.”

Wow -- I'm sorry to read TW's father still has no updates on what happened to his son.

It’s been 5 years since 27-year-old production assistant Terrence Woods Jr. vanished while out on a film shoot in Idaho. His father, Terrence Woods Sr., told #Dateline that he will keep fighting to “find him and the truth.”

https://nbcnews.com/dateline/cold-case-spotlight/father-fighting-answers-october-2018-disappearance-son-terrence-woods-rcna121588

--- TW Jr. is last seen running down a cliff... the missing person cases are the most complex cases, imo.

Last edited:
--- Several red flags in the article... curious how much the "crew" were spoken with & it didn't appear too long of a search for TW Jr. conducted.
--- How was it determined it wasn't foul play?
--- Did he really just vanish?
--- Come to think about it was "disappearance" due to a woman? ---- of course all of this is a matter of speculation.

Oct. 22, 2023, 11:44 AM EDT

When he arrived, Terrence called his father. “He said everything was OK,” Woods Sr. recalled. “But on the 3rd, he had texted me and said he was going to come home early. He didn’t say why, and normally, he never cut a shoot early.”

Then, a few days later, Woods Sr. got that life-altering phone call. He said it was from one of the crew members at the shoot.

“They said on the 4th, they made it to Idaho, allegedly. And they said they went out to dinner… et cetera,” Woods Sr. told Dateline. “And then the next day, on the 5th, they claimed that morning he was acting strange, and he had an anxiety attack.”

Woods Sr. told Dateline that he had never known his son to suffer from anxiety, so he was immediately alarmed.

“Then they said he got himself together that morning, and then they went out to shoot,” Woods Sr. said. “They said everything was going fine. Then all of a sudden, they said, he was acting strange. I said, ‘Well, what do you mean strange?’”

According to Woods Sr., the crew member told him that Terrence attempted to grab a drone out of the sky. “I said, ‘A drone out of the sky?’”

Woods Sr. said the crew member told him that Terrence then sprinted down a cliff. “All of a sudden, he seen my son take his belt off with his radio and everything and drop it to the ground,” he recalled the crew member telling him. “He said, ‘Never seen no one run that fast in my life.’”

Woods Sr. told Dateline that the crew member said that he and some of the other crew members tried to catch up with Terrence, but couldn’t. That was the last time he was reportedly seen.

Terrence is 5’9”, 130 lbs., with black hair and brown eyes. He would turn 32 on Tuesday, October 24.

Anyone with information regarding Terrence’s disappearance is asked to contact the Idaho County Sheriff’s Office at (208) 983-1100.

1698073740487.png

Nov 24, 2023 article

[…]

"What's interesting is we've never seen nor heard of anything about him. We couldn't find any clothes. The tracks are the best that we could follow, but they believe they were his but that's not an absolute,” Giddings said. “There's been no sign, there's been no information, there's been no sighting, there's been nothing and that definitely is unusual."

[…]

Nov 24, 2023 article

[…]

"What's interesting is we've never seen nor heard of anything about him. We couldn't find any clothes. The tracks are the best that we could follow, but they believe they were his but that's not an absolute,” Giddings said. “There's been no sign, there's been no information, there's been no sighting, there's been nothing and that definitely is unusual."

[…]

Thanks for posting the update @TwinkieDefense.

How shattering for Terrence's family and friends. From the quoted news link:

Terrence Woods Jr. was reported missing on October 5th, 2018, and Tuesday October 24, 2023, would have been his 32nd birthday.

Dateline did a Cold Case Spotlight article about this case which prompted KTVB to look into it.

JAN 25, 2024
Dion Mitchell and Mehul Anjaria, co-hosts of the highly acclaimed Crime Redefined podcast, have embarked on a groundbreaking initiative to solve the case of Terrence Woods, Jr., who mysteriously vanished on October 5, 2018 while working with a TV production crew in central Idaho.

... "There has been enough talk about Terrence’s disappearance. Now is the time for action, and we have a plan."

[...]

The campaign will finance an extensive boots-on-the-ground investigation, engaging legal, forensic, and investigative professionals who will work tirelessly to provide Terrence's family with the answers they rightfully deserve. ...

Terrence Woods, Sr. expressed his optimism about the initiative, stating, "I am excited that somebody has a plan to actually investigate rather than simply speculate where my son is and what his state of mind may have been."

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back