ID ID - Terrence Woods, 27, missing, Penman Mine near Orogrande, 5 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sadly, i think Terrence probably didn’t survive the night. The overnight lows were in the upper 40s that night. If he had no shelter or outdoor experience he probably succumbed to hypothermia. Hopefully he’s found soon, his family deserves closure.

Just listened to the Lost in the Woods podcast about Terrance. I'm leaning towards a mental episode. If it was just the out of town film crew maybe I would suspect something untoward, but they pointed out that some locals were working with them as well and their stories all matched.

They said he was having trouble finding things that were right in front of him, and the fact that he texted his dad that he'd arrived at the hotel at 10-11pm and then called his dad at 3-4am to again tell him that he'd arrived at the hotel. That seems very strange. Maybe, his dad didn't respond to the text so he called a few hours later, but my parents would be pretty grumpy if I called at 3am to tell them something that a) I'd already texted about and b)wasn't an emergency.

This does seem similar to that of Lars Mittank, who made several strange calls to his mother, after acting strangely throughout his trip, and then bolting out of the airport as if he was being chased. They were about the same age at the time of their disappearances as well. Some sort of psychosis? Could the altitude of the flights to their locations have done something in their brains? Triggered some sort of mental episode, blood clot, etc?

But with Lars at least we have possible sources for the behavior: medication, brain trauma, etc. Here, I don't recall Terrence being on any new medication, no recent bodily trauma. Its possible he had undiagnosed bopolar or schiz, but i find it hard to believe no one noticed it before then. 27 is a bit old for an intial diagnoses. And I can't get over other crew members mentioning blatant racism. I just find it odd that racism was bad, and the young black man is the one who all of a sudden has a mental break and runs away. Awfully convenient.

OCT 18, 2022
[...]

This year marks four years since Terrence Woods Sr. of Maryland, last saw his son, Terrence Woods Jr., who was 27 at the time. Woods says despite all the time that has passed, many questions he has had since the day his son went missing still remain unanswered.

“All these reckless stories,” Woods says referring to a slew of theories that exist behind his son’s mysterious disappearance.

“They stated he went to grab a drone out of the sky,” Woods said of one theory. “He says he’s going to use to bathroom and leaps off a cliff,” and “if he had a mental breakdown, how do you say he doesn’t want to be found,” Woods continued of the theories he has heard over the years.

[...]

“On the Fourth, they say they had dinner that night, he allegedly met a young lady, exchanged numbers and everything was just fine allegedly, then the very next morning, he had an anxiety attack,” said Woods.

Witnesses said that day Woods threw down his radio and, as described by Deadline, “ran down the side of a steep cliff before disappearing into a forest.”

[...]

Woods says, he has not had any luck with gathering more details from deputies over the years. Atlanta Black Star reached out to the Idaho County Sheriff’s Office for an update on the investigation and was directed to its records department, but have not received additional information to where the investigation stands. Atlanta Black Star also contacted the FBI to see if the Idaho County Sheriff’s Office requested federal help, but a spokesperson for the FBI says, the Sheriff’s Office has not requested their help on the case.

[...]

“We haven’t ruled out that something bad happened, but as far as foul play, there is no evidence of foul play,” former Idaho County Sheriff, Doug Giddings said of the investigation.

[...]

Woods doubts Raw TV’s sincerity behind the production company’s efforts to locate his son. “Raw TV, multimillion dollar company which owns Discovery, yesterday was four years. My son disappeared at work, they didn’t call and say, we knocked on his hotel door this morning, and he was gone, that’s not what you told me, you said he was in front of twelve other people,” Woods said.

Woods says when he retrieved his son’s suitcase, he noticed everything inside was pristine except for muddy boots, raising more questions about his used garments and belongings. “In his suitcase, everything is neatly folded up, his underwear still has tape on it, socks, the only thing in his whole bag was a muddy pair of shoes, with mud all over them,” Woods said.

[...]

Over the years, Woods has developed his own theory behind his son’s disappearance, and it points back to the Raw TV film crew he was working with. “I think my son, Terrence, saw something, heard something and didn’t want to be a part of it and when he created the story that he had to leave, unfortunately, that wasn’t going to be possible,” Woods said.

[...]

OCT 18, 2022
[...]

Woods Sr. said he heard his son told someone he had to go to the bathroom shortly before running into the Nez Perce National Forest in Orogrande, Idaho.

He said he was told by the production company that his son had an “anxiety attack” earlier that morning on the set and had to be detained—although he later collected himself and resumed his day. At one point, Woods Sr. said he was told his son also tried to grab a flying drone with his bare hands.

[...]

While Palin did not specifically mention any incident that morning, a 911 call log reporting the disappearance did reference the alleged “mental breakdown” that Woods Jr. had earlier that day.

“Terrence has been having a really hard time emotionally and had a mental breakdown earlier today,” read the log transcript, according to previous reporting by Deadline.

[...]

Friend RN told Oxygen.com that she met Woods Jr. at a networking event for Pact, a TV diversity initiative both were working on at the time.

She described Woods Jr. as a “quiet, kind and very caring person” who had no known history of anxiety or mental health problems.

[...]

CH-A also spoke with Deadline about her friend in 2020 and said during all the time she had worked with him, she never noticed him having any mental health issues.

“It doesn’t make sense when I hear people say that he struggled with his mental health or that he didn’t live up to expectations,” she said. “I spent six months on a TV production course with him and he always exceeded expectations and never ever showed signs of having any mental health problems.”

[...]

Woods Sr. told Oxygen.com that his son had only been in Idaho for just 24 hours and had spent the previous days on location in Montana. He’s tried to get surveillance footage to confirm that his son made it to Idaho with the crew, but said has never been given any proof by authorities. He is also still trying to find someone who could speak to his son’s mental state in the days leading up to the disappearance.

According to his account, by the time Woods Sr. arrived in Idaho after the disappearance, most of the crew who had been with his son were already gone and he was only able to talk to one person.

[...]

Woods Sr. said his son had told the production company that his mother had to have surgery—but his mother had no surgery scheduled. Woods Sr. believes his son must have been desperate to get away from the set for some reason.

[...]

“We determined that he wasn’t happy there and there were several people who weren’t happy with him,” Giddings told the news outlet.

[...]

NOV 30, 2022
[...]

“Despite our best efforts, Idaho County is going to win,” said Jerry Johnson. For both its size, natural offerings and its geographic uniqueness, “it’s why we live here, but it’s not a great place to find people if they want to go missing or they disappear.”

Johnson spoke to more than 55 people who attended an Oct. 20 lecture, hosted by The Historical Museum at St. Gertrude at the Spirit Center. Johnson worked for the Idaho County Sheriff’s Office for 24 years, during which he investigated and participated in numerous searches for the missing. He has been hiking and packing in North Central Idaho since his youth and still enjoys hiking in the mountains.

“Actually, probably hundreds of people have went missing in Idaho County over the ages, starting with the Native Americans who went out hunting and did not come back, and right up to today,” he said. Johnson’s talk provided an overview of the county’s relatively recent missing persons cases, stretching back to 1978 ...

Johnson outlined how the sheriff’s office categorizes missing persons cases: those who become lost, those who voluntarily disappear, and those lost due to a criminal act.

... Some were lost on hunting trips, a day hike, and a few in car accidents where their bodies were lost to the river. ...

[...]

Missing cases remain active investigations, including the most recent disappearance on July 30 of Randy Jackson of Kamiah, Johnson said. Questioned by the audience on others, such as Johnson, “Who knows what truly happened.... She knew the country really well, so maybe an animal attacked her or she suffered a medical emergency and went off the trail at a spot we couldn’t find her.” On Woods, he said again they have no idea on why he would have run off into the woods at dark: “I can’t explain it.”

[...]

Terrence-Woods-Jr-1e6a28.jpg

Terrence Woods Jr. always had big dreams. He wanted to be a film producer.

“That’s what he went to school for,” his father, Terrence Woods Sr., told Dateline. “He graduated from the University of Maryland, then he went to London and got a double master’s degree.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasApril87
Back