Halyna Hutchins Shot With Prop Gun - Alec Baldwin indicted & Hannah Gutierrez-Reed charged, 2021 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He knew (Teske) that HGR’s defense lawyer knew about it because they literally had him as a witness but didn’t call him and his evidence into the case, which prompted what happened today

I don’t think the defense for Baldwin knew in advance and planned this, maybe they did but did not seem like it due to Spiro’s reactions and whatnot, he seemed genuinely upset and confused at times, but then again, $2,100/hour you can only charge that if you’re that good

Forever, I will be curious about what would have happened without the events that led to the dismissal.
Personally I wouldn't have been surprised if the jury came back with a not guilty verdict in this case because the FBI screwed up and ruined the most important piece of evidence by damaging it with hard blows to it's hammer.

That left the door wide open for reasonable doubt. JMO.

He knew (Teske) that HGR’s defense lawyer knew about it because they literally had him as a witness but didn’t call him and his evidence into the case, which prompted what happened today

I don’t think the defense for Baldwin knew in advance and planned this, maybe they did but did not seem like it due to Spiro’s reactions and whatnot, he seemed genuinely upset and confused at times, but then again, $2,100/hour you can only charge that if you’re that good
You may be correct, but it was a feeling and a theory I was floating to see what others thought.

does anyone else think that before today the defense knew they hadn’t revealed it during prelims?
I'm receptive to the notion Baldwin's team zeroed in on this beforehand also, concealing their hand and feigning surprise as a joker card. Still, the case should never have been brought. State was two for two then overreached. Imagine Baldwin as a placeholder. Replace him with your favourite actor or actress. A firearm expert remarking on this case described all actors as "idiots." That is the assumption to proceed with, underscoring the importance of their own safety role.

I'm receptive to the notion Baldwin's team zeroed in on this beforehand also, concealing their hand and feigning surprise as a joker card. Still, the case should never have been brought. State was two for two then overreached. Imagine Baldwin as a placeholder. Replace him with your favourite actor or actress. A firearm expert remarking on this case described all actors as "idiots." That is the assumption to proceed with, underscoring the importance of their own safety role.
Yes, I don t disagree . I hadn’t decided on what I thought Baldwin’s culpability was yet. But as I stated his lawyers were no fools, So, that’s what I was pondering.

Jul 12, 2024 #AlecBaldwin #RustMovieShooting #LawAndCrime
Things became fiery in the courtroom on Friday morning during the Alec Baldwin trial as the defense and the state argued over conduct in the courtroom and other issues. When the state cut off the judge and asked to respond to the defense's statement, Judge Sommer responded by saying, "I'm not finished!" When state attorney Kari Morrisey tried to continue talking, Sommer cut her off, hinting to Morrissey to end her statement.

An interesting write-up in Variety on what transpired Friday.

SANTA FE, N.M. — Alec Baldwin‘s lawyers have been complaining for months that prosecutors were not sharing all the evidence against him in his manslaughter case. They complained about missing forensics reports. They complained about redacted emails. They complained about videos buried on servers. It got them nowhere. So...they sprung a trap.

Apparently, info about the hidden evidence had been known for weeks among some trial watchers. Variety heard about it from another armorer who heard about it from Jason Bowles.

The article also states that Teske had been waiting for years for someone in the sheriff's office to come pick up the ammo. Finally he decided to hand it in himself. So that's in contrast to the claim during Friday's hearing that he was just some guy off the street so the police didn't really know if the ammo was relevant to the Rust case.

7/12/24

Judge Mary Marlowe Sommer has dismissed the indictment against Alec Baldwin on Friday.

The case was dismissed with prejudice, meaning prosecutors cannot bring it back.

“There is no way for the court to right this wrong,” the judge said.

[..]

How we got here: A timeline of the "Rust" movie set shooting and resulting criminal cases​

Here’s a timeline of the incident and resulting legal cases:

The shooting:

• October 6, 2021: Filming of “Rust” began at Bonanza Creek Ranch, a movie set outside Santa Fe, New Mexico.
  • October 20, 2021: Several crew members walked off set, citing safety concerns.
  • October 21, 2021: Baldwin discharged a prop gun during rehearsal, killing cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and injuring director Joel Souza.
The investigations:

• October 5, 2022: The family of Hutchins and Baldwin reached an undisclosed settlement in a wrongful death lawsuit filed against the actor and others. As part of the settlement, Matthew Hutchins, the cinematographer’s widower, was named an executive producer on “Rust.”
  • January 31, 2023: Baldwin and the film’s armorer, Hannah Gutierrez Reed, were formally charged with involuntary manslaughter.
  • February 23, 2023: Baldwin pleaded not guilty to manslaughter charges and was released on personal recognizance.
  • April 20, 2023: New Mexico special prosecutors dismissed the charges against Baldwin, citing “new facts” in the case. “This decision does not absolve Mr. Baldwin of criminal culpability and charges may be refiled,” they said.
  • August 9, 2023: Gutierrez Reed pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter and tampering with evidence.
  • January 19: Baldwin was indicted by a grand jury on charges of involuntary manslaughter.
  • January 31: Baldwin pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter charges for the second time.
  • February 22: The trial of film armorer Gutierrez Reed began.
  • March 6: Gutierrez Reed was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter. She was acquitted of a charge of evidence tampering.
  • May 24: A New Mexico judge denied Baldwin’s motion to dismiss the involuntary manslaughter indictment. Baldwin’s attorneys had accused prosecutors of misconduct during the grand jury process.
  • July 10: Prosecutors and the defense made their opening statements and testimony began in Baldwin’s involuntary manslaughter trial.
  • July 12: In a stunning move, Judge Mary Marlowe Sommer dismissed the indictment against Baldwin. Baldwin’s attorney had filed a motion to dismiss the case, arguing misconduct by state investigators in not properly disclosing evidence in the case. Sommer agreed the state improperly disclosed evidence to the defense.

I think that's fair to say, although it seems there was some extremely egregious negligence to the point if I was on the jury I wouldn't think it was an accident. There should never have been real bullets on set, and absolutely never have been real bullets put into the gun.

I'm not sure if Baldwin should be culpable or not, but it's hard to say it's only an accident when a normal person doing the job HGR was supposed to be doing would not do that. That's my base line, would a normal person who has that job, would it be reasonable that the average person would do or perform that action.

And that's on HGR, I have no idea how this will play out
His and her life are forever ruined over this. His video of producers cutting corners when he himself was the producer for this feature is telling. What was he doing producing a indie film for and in it...apparently there is a reality show upcoming of the kids and all. I for one am not interested in any of his work. Bottom line, it Was His production. Ugh

Much respect to Johnson.
Such integrity in one's profession is rare these days.
I agree with you. Once she realized there was a Brady violation, she advocated for dismissal with the lead prosecutor. It’s basically game over at that point!

I’m sure there was an element of self preservation there, but Morrisey’s last ditch efforts to save the case were also likely motivated by preserving her own image, possibly also in her role as advocate for the victim’s family.

In any sinking ship, it becomes an “every person for themselves” situation. Not everyone needs to go down with the ship.

All IMO.

Jul 12, 2024 #AlecBaldwin #RustMovieShooting #LawAndCrime
Things became fiery in the courtroom on Friday morning during the Alec Baldwin trial as the defense and the state argued over conduct in the courtroom and other issues. When the state cut off the judge and asked to respond to the defense's statement, Judge Sommer responded by saying, "I'm not finished!" When state attorney Kari Morrisey tried to continue talking, Sommer cut her off, hinting to Morrissey to end her statement.
At 5:31 in the video, Johnson appears to pass a note to Morrissey. Wonder if it said “I quit”?

jmo

Bowels had this “evidence” and didn’t use it so it’s not material and would not have created reasonable doubt for Alec Baldwin. As usual the cover-up is worse. That’s what caused the dismissal - Creating a separate case # and excluding it from defense view. Smh. What a chitshow! Morrissey’s arrogance caused this .JMO

An interesting write-up in Variety on what transpired Friday.

SANTA FE, N.M. — Alec Baldwin‘s lawyers have been complaining for months that prosecutors were not sharing all the evidence against him in his manslaughter case. They complained about missing forensics reports. They complained about redacted emails. They complained about videos buried on servers. It got them nowhere. So...they sprung a trap.

Apparently, info about the hidden evidence had been known for weeks among some trial watchers. Variety heard about it from another armorer who heard about it from Jason Bowles.

The article also states that Teske had been waiting for years for someone in the sheriff's office to come pick up the ammo. Finally he decided to hand it in himself. So that's in contrast to the claim during Friday's hearing that he was just some guy off the street so the police didn't really know if the ammo was relevant to the Rust case.
Great article!

Kari Morrissey, the lead prosecutor, initially downplayed the revelation, saying on Thursday that law enforcement could easily show that the bullets in question did not match the ones found at the “Rust” scene, and were therefore irrelevant.

But by the time she showed up for a hearing on the defense motion on Friday morning, she knew it would be a long day. “We’re gonna need a glass of scotch tonight,” she told a member of her team who was sitting in the front row of the gallery.

Over the next few hours, an extraordinary scene unfolded, as the judge demanded to see the bullets, donned blue gloves, and cut open an evidence package. She displayed the bullets on a table, finding three Starline Brass rounds with silver primers — an apparent match for the fatal round.

In a scene that seemed ripped out of “A Few Good Men” or some other courtroom drama, Morrissey sought to explain — and called herself to the stand. By that point, the judge had seen enough.

The prosecutor takes the stand at around 7hrs8mins. YouTube has its own timestamps for everything:

Whoa! I just re-visited this case thread to find out what's been going on. This is big stuff. I always thought that Prosecutor was show-boating and grand-standing and taking things way beyond necessary in her emotive demeanour but I thought she was on the side of 'right' and would never do something as ill judged as this.

Watching that is awful - her career is surely ended now, at least in terms of ever assisting prosecution? She got her 'mea cupla' on the record when nobody wanted or asked her to because she knew it's the end and she wanted to get her point of view stated IMO. Looks like she was tearful packing her stuff and leaving the court.

Will the court / judge be taking further action against her in terms of punitive action or having her skills scrutinised by her professional body? It seems in the judge's summing up that maybe this isn't the end of the matter on a personal level. All that time, costs, money, and jury time taken.

Will HGR's situation be affected? Surely it must be? Her case can no longer be considered 'sound' and must also be retroactively dismissed in parallel surely?

Also, does this put Seth Kenny back in the frame?

Does anyone know where this ammunition that Troy Teske had possession of came from and how it's related to this case?

It came from the training shoot I think they said and strangely right back at the beginning of this whole incident people online were saying that's where the live rounds originated. Altho according to KM they were never relevant, this has not been legally scrutinised and tried and tested therefore is not 'fact'. JMO MOO

Reactions: IDK

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back