GUILTY CA - Laci Peterson, 27, pregnant, Modesto, 24 Dec 2002 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So I'm watching a show right now on the case and learning details new to me. Scott told Amber on Dec. 9th that it'd be his first Christmas without Laci. They got several hours of secret recordings between him and her. How does Project Innocence explain this??? For me it always came down to premeditation.

His family claimed that he was going to meet them for golf on the morning he was arrested. They don't provide any explanation for the dyed hair, camping equipment, and $10,000 cash on him. Oh Janey his sister claims that his mother "accidentally took out $10,000 in cash". Yeah right! And that he already had the goatee when he met with investigators- but that wasn't the orange hair.

His family claimed that he was going to meet them for golf on the morning he was arrested. They don't provide any explanation for the dyed hair, camping equipment, and $10,000 cash on him. Oh Janey his sister claims that his mother
"accidentally took out $10,000 in cash". Yeah right! And that he already had the goatee when he met with investigators- but that wasn't the orange hair.
I had to stop watching it at that point! "Accidentally" withdrew 10 grand? Exactly how does that happen? Whatever Kool-Aid Janey is drinking, is some strong stuff!

I also think that Amber knew he was married, it is just a feeling I have always had. She did the right thing by going to LE and taping their calls, but there was just something off about the whole deal to me.

JMO, IMO, and all other disclaimers.

I had to stop watching it at that point! "Accidentally" withdrew 10 grand? Exactly how does that happen? Whatever Kool-Aid Janey is drinking, is some strong stuff!

I also think that Amber knew he was married, it is just a feeling I have always had. She did the right thing by going to LE and taping their calls, but there was just something off about the whole deal to me.

JMO, IMO, and all other disclaimers.
Even IF we generously give her the benefit of the doubt, wouldn't you immediately deposit the money back in the bank instead of carrying it around in your trunk???? The cash, the camping gear, the disguise, and being 30 min away from the border all say fleeing to me and anyone with a brain. Fortunately LE arrested him before they had definite confirmation on the bodies.

Thursday, July 11th:
*Status Hearing (Duct tape) (@ 9am PT) – CA – Laci Denise Peterson (27) & Connor (unborn) (missing Dec. 24, 2002, Modesto; found April 13, 2003 in the San Francisco Bay) - *Scott Lee Peterson (30 @ time of crime/31/now 51) convicted & found guilty (11/12/04) of 1st degree murder (Laci) & 2nd degree murder(son) & sentenced (3/16/05) to death by lethal injection. Death penalty was reversed & sentencing to life in prison without the possibility of parole (Laci) & concurrent sentence of 15 years to life (Connor).
His case is currently on automatic appeal to the Supreme Court of California. Sits on San Quentin's death row. Calif. Supreme Court denied a new trial in the guilt phase but reversed the death penalty sentence for Stanislaus County. Also the San Mateo Superior Court will now consider whether there was jury misconduct. Stanislaus County district attorney’s office said it won’t seek the death penalty if there is a new trial.
Re-Sentencing Hearing on 12/8/21. Peterson was moved to San Mateo County jail on 11/29/21 for sentencing hearing. Ordered Peterson to serve life in prison without the possibility of parole for the 1st degree murder of Laci & a concurrent sentence of 15 years to life for the 2nd degree murder of Connor. Peterson was transferred from San Quentin State Prison (~10/21/22) to Mule Creek State Prison.
Motion (12/21/22) for new trial was denied.

Court info from 5/14/20 thru 4/22/24 reference post #40 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-pregnant-modesto-24-dec-2002-2.707395/page-2

7/1/24 Update: Today’s 9am hearing for Peterson will NOT proceed this morning. Instead, acting Presiding Judge Stephanie Garratt will call the case at 9am strictly to reschedule the matter to a different date on Judge Hill’s calendar. New court date for status/motions hearing on 7/11/24. The third motions hearing on 7/15/24 @ 9am seeks post-trial discovery from the case, including evidence of the December 2002 burglary across the street from the Petersons' Modesto home, a missing watch belonging to Laci Peterson & files & documents from witness interviews. Peterson was also expected to attend the other two motion hearings remotely.

So I'm watching a show right now on the case and learning details new to me. Scott told Amber on Dec. 9th that it'd be his first Christmas without Laci. They got several hours of secret recordings between him and her. How does Project Innocence explain this??? For me it always came down to premeditation.
The first clue I saw that Scott was guilty was during a media interview when the phone rang. His wife is missing for a month, Amber has just come forward, his phone is ringing, and everyone expects him to answer the phone in case it's an update about his wife. He ignores the phone. Only a man who knows his wife has not been found does that.

Scott made so many mistakes with premeditated murder of his wife and 8 month fetal child that he was convicted on circumstantial evidence - no direct or DNA evidence. Analysis of duct tape will not help him.

At 5m35sec during this interview, Scott's phone starts ringing, and he ignores it for quite a while until he offers to turn it off.

He also told his dad that the reason he didn't reveal Amber was that everyone would stop looking for Laci. If that were true, why didn't he reveal her when Laci's body turned up???
Laci vanished in December. Amber came forward in January. Laci was found a couple of months later. It was too late for Scott to admit or deny the romantic relationship.

Why would everyone stop looking for Laci after discovering that Scott had a girlfriend? Did that make sense to his father?

"On January 15, 2003, Modesto police had a private meeting with Laci Peterson's parents. They revealed that Scott Peterson had been having an affair. Suddenly the parents, who had so far supported Scott, had reason to suspect him. And some members of Laci's family said so publicly. The news that Scott Peterson had a girlfriend set the media buzzing. Reporters combed central California, searching for the mystery woman. On January 24, they found Amber Frey."

Peterson's argument:
  1. Scott left for work
  2. Laci was seen walking the dog
  3. Laci bumped into the robbers across the street from home
  4. the robbers kidnapped her
  5. they killed her (trial rumour included satanic cult van at the shipping channel)
Scott did some monkey business with moving market umbrellas from the fertilizer warehouse to his garden shed. Did he take them back to his warehouse early on December 24? There was a tarp from the shed, soaked in gasoline and hung to dry. Gasoline destroys DNA.

Scott left for work that morning after uncharacteristically moving his truck around to the side of the house - perhaps to load umbrellas. The hot tub was running in the morning. Laci always opened the living room curtains in the morning. The curtains were not opened on Dec 24. Scott was excited to set up his new mortiser, a Christmas gift from Laci. The dog, McKenzie, was seen near a dumpster on the way to Scott's warehouse, later found with leash in front of the house.

Laci was not seen walking the dog. Other women wearing white-shirt-black-tights came forward. Laci was not wearing black tights when she was found. If she went home to change after walking the dog, how and when did she encounter the robbers?

The robbers were arrested, and cleared. Lee Peterson once told investigators that the highway ditches are littered with women - that's where they should be looking.

"We will not stop fighting until Scott is free and we find who murdered Laci and Conner," she wrote in a message after Tuesday's news. "20 years ago this week, Laci Peterson was seen alive walking her dog after Scott had left for the day. Sometime after that walk, the evidence shows she encountered men burglarizing the home across the street. Those men kidnapped her and later killed her."

The phone call between Scott and his mother, where she says that he is not stupid enough to put the body in the same location as his alibi, is priceless. He is that stupid. In recorded phone calls, his mother reports that side sonar has found a 'big ole anchor', and Scott is heard whistling a sigh of relief.

His initial alibi was that he was golfing before picking up a Christmas gift basket for Laci's grandfather. Her half-sister made the gift request during Scott's evening haircut on Dec 23, just before he and Laci picked up pizza.

Scott ran around his neighbourhood on the evening of Dec 24 telling people that his wife was missing and he had been golfing. At some point, he realized the golf story wouldn't work, so he switched his alibi to the marina. He was so confident that Laci would vanish into the bottom of the shipping channel that he placed himself next to the body on the day that she vanished, exactly where she was found. Circumstantial evidence.

I'm surprised that an Innocence Project has so few requests that they are spending time and resources on Scott Peterson. He will always be a charming sociopath.

A judge, defense and prosecuting attorneys are expected on Thursday in San Mateo County Superior Court to determine how a 15-inch piece of duct tape will be tested for DNA.
The duct tape was on pants worn by Laci Peterson, the murder victim, during her autopsy.

Attorneys representing Peterson, from the L.A. Innocence Project, hope testing will reveal DNA from someone else other than Peterson to indicate he may not have been the murderer.

In May, a judge ruled the duct tape could be retested for DNA. It was the only item accepted by the court out of a list of 14.

During the hearing, attorneys are expected to determine what lab will conduct the DNA testing and who will pay for it.

Judge Hill did not make a ruling Thursday regarding the DNA testing lab, but instead will announce her decision on Monday, July 15. Monday’s hearing, under the California Penal Code, is expected to focus on access to discovery materials. This includes evidence regarding a burglary that took place at the house across from the Petersons in Dec. 2002, a missing watch that belonged to Laci, and various documents.

Judge Hill did not make a ruling Thursday regarding the DNA testing lab, but instead will announce her decision on Monday, July 15. Monday’s hearing, under the California Penal Code, is expected to focus on access to discovery materials. This includes evidence regarding a burglary that took place at the house across from the Petersons in Dec. 2002, a missing watch that belonged to Laci, and various documents.
Attorneys for Scott Peterson, a California man convicted for the 2002 murder of his wife and unborn son, must disclose whether they've already tested evidence that they now want to test again, a California judge ruled this week.

As Peterson on Thursday remotely joined a court hearing from Mule Creek State Prison, San Mateo Superior Court Judge Elizabeth Hill ordered his legal team to share whether they've already retested DNA evidence from the case — and if so, what the results of the DNA tests were.

On Thursday, prosecutors told Hill that Peterson’s team already tested some of this evidence in 2023. Hill rebuffed arguments from Peterson's attorneys that under the Sixth Amendment, he could privately discuss these findings without sharing them with the prosecutions. She said California law required them to share their findings.

This is what gets me- Dec. 9th!!! Not the 20th, 21st, 22nd anywhere close to Christmas. Weeks earlier he premeditates that he's going to kill her.

This is what gets me- Dec. 9th!!! Not the 20th, 21st, 22nd anywhere close to Christmas. Weeks earlier he premeditates that he's going to kill her.
That's the same day that Scott bought the secret boat.

"Al Brocchini testified at Scott Peterson's preliminary hearing that police discovered on December 9, 2002, that Peterson bought a boat and paid for it with 14 $100 bills, according to the man who sold the boat to Peterson.

Brocchini testified he later learned Amber Frey, who was having an affair with Scott Peterson, confronted him December 9 about being married. Frey told police that Peterson explained his wife was dead -- and that the upcoming holidays would be his first without her, Brocchini said."

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810
Back