TX TX - President John F. Kennedy, 46, Dallas, 22 Nov 1963

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just an update, I did start Rob Reiner's pod cast last night. I didn't get very far unfortunately, I was having trouble getting the first episode to play right, but then got it. But I should get more in today. It appears to be very well done. I am assuming from what I have heard so far that he is going towards the idea that the CIA was behind it. I am looking forward to hearing his evidence.

Here is a link to how CBS first began broadcasting news of President Kennedy's assassination in Dallas Texas. The afternoon soap opera "As the World Turns" and accompanying commercials were interrupted by news flashes reported by Walter Cronkite.

LINK:

Here is a link to how CBS first began broadcasting news of President Kennedy's assassination in Dallas Texas. The afternoon soap opera "As the World Turns" and accompanying commercials were interrupted by news flashes reported by Walter Cronkite.

LINK:

First of all, As the World Turns' story never changed much so you could pick it right up whether you've missed a decade or two.
Second, notice how the initial report is "3 shots fired."

I am about 2/3 of the way through Rob Reiner's and Soledad O'Brien's podcast. It is very well done, which you expect since Reiner is a very good producer. And he does a great job. But his reasoning is very flawed and based upon assumptions. I'll with hold my final thoughts until I finish the entire podcast. I'd love to hear from someone else that has listened to the podcast as well.

I am about 2/3 of the way through Rob Reiner's and Soledad O'Brien's podcast. It is very well done, which you expect since Reiner is a very good producer. And he does a great job. But his reasoning is very flawed and based upon assumptions. I'll with hold my final thoughts until I finish the entire podcast. I'd love to hear from someone else that has listened to the podcast as well.

Here is a link for anyone who would like to see Rob Reiner's podcasts:

The doctors at Parkland Hospital said the back of Kennedy's head was missing. They characterized that as an exit wound. So there was at least one shot from the front.
But watch the Zapruder film. Frame 328, just after the last shot. The front of Kennedy's head is blown out, the back of his head is untouched. If the back of Kennedy's head was missing, it happened at the hospital, not in the shooting.

Ok, I'm going to try to listen this weekend.

But watch the Zapruder film. Frame 328, just after the last shot. The front of Kennedy's head is blown out, the back of his head is untouched. If the back of Kennedy's head was missing, it happened at the hospital, not in the shooting.

Transcription error???

There was an investigation into the JFK assassination in 1964. It was run by a "Presidential Blue Ribbon Committee" appointed by President Lyndon B. JOHNSON, who took office upon Kennedy's death.

Named The Warren Commission, after its Chairman, Chief Justice Earl Warren, they looked into the assassination, interviewed numerous persons, and considered evidence gathered and presented to them by the FBI.

The final, multi volume Warren Report came out in September 1964, just prior to the 1964 elections. Their conclusion was that Lee Harvey Oswald had acted entirely alone, with no outside help or companions in committing two murders: that of President Kennedy and Dallas Policeman J.D. Tippett.

Criticism, questions, and alternate theories continue today, some 60 years later.

THE MAGIC BULLET IN THE JFK ASSASSINATION - Dying Words

This drawing explains how the so called "Magic Bullet" was supposed to have made in a total of seven wounds in both President Kennedy and Governor Connally.

The official Warren Commission Report determined that Lee Harvey Oswald was the lone gunman involved in the assassination and that he fired three bullets from his 6.5mm Italian WW II vintage carbine. Three spent shell casings were found on the floor near the 6th story window that Oswald allegedly used as his "Sniper's Nest" of book cartons. The rifle, with one live round in the chamber and an empty magazine (with empty clip still retained) was found on the same floor, hidden between other book cartons.

The first bullet fired was reported to sound like a firecracker, and was believed to have missed the car entirely, perhaps striking the street or sidewalk behind the Presidental Limo.

The second shot was said to have been the bullet that struck both Kennedy and Connally. Both men had already been clearly wounded by the time the third bullet struck Kennedy in the head.

It was important to account for all three bullets, and to exclude any other possible shots to prove that Oswald was the lone assassin. And therein lies the root of most "conspiracy theories". Questions will always be asked regarding other possible scenarios.

One problem with the magic bullet theory is that the bullet itself simply "turned up" somewhere in Parkland Hospital. It was not extracted from John Connally's body, but rather only assumed or theorized that it came from the gurney which brought him from the Limo into the Emergency Room. Some theorized that it could have worked out of Kennedy's back during attempts to keep him alive in his Emergency Room.

The bullet in question was determined (by the FBI) to have come from Oswald's 6.5mm carbine. Some small fragments from another bullet were found on the Limo floor where Nellie Connally was sitting. They were also determined to have come from Oswald's rifle. There was some damage to the Limo windshield and to a piece of trim above the windshield between the rear-view mirror and the passenger side sun visor. Was this a missed shot or possibly damage made by the Kennedy head shot?

Then in 2023, along comes former Secret Service Agent Paul Landis, who had been with the detail riding in the follow-up car. He claims to have found that same bullet (or one like it?) in the back of the Presidential Limo immediately behind the seat where Kennedy was sitting. That he picked it up and then placed it on the table where Kennedy was being administered to in the Emergency Room. But didn't think it was important enough to mention...

Perhaps the single most important piece of evidence, and certainly the most controversial for the past 60 years, and now it might have been only a squib round that hit Kennedy in the back and bounced onto the seat behind him? It begs many questions. If the magic bullet ended up on the back seat of the Limo, what bullet(s) did all the damage to the car's windshield and caused the wounds to Kennedy and Connally?

There is a major difference between the ballistic behavior of the two bullets. It was stated by the FBI that Oswald's cartridges contained full metal jacket bullets made in the US by the Western Cartridge Company. One of those bullets caused 7 wounds and supposedly remained (mostly) intact with little distortion. The other (the head shot) completely broke up into small pieces and did massive damage to Kennedy's head - more like a hunting soft point bullet would do.

Was there another gunman? Oswald denied shooting anyone and claimed that he was "just a patsy". He was murdered two days after the assassination, and no real motive for him killing Kennedy would be established.

Good post Richard. Nova or Frontline, one of those, did an examination of the "magic bullet" years ago and showed that when you accounted for the actual positions of the JFK and the Governor (as your image shows) the injuries and bullet path makes perfect sense. It is still odd that the bullet remained in such good shape.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babycakes15
Back