UK- Major incident declared in Southport after multiple stabbings, 29 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't help think about my own autistic child and all the autistic children I work with at work, I get both a personal experience and professional career in the field. We are experiencing an awful lot of issues that when children are given an autism diagnosis it almost closes all the doors to support. Everything becomes "It is because they are autistic" and therefore don't need camhs/mental health support etc. Being autistic doesn't make someone a killer, not in the slightest but I can't help but wonder if there were serious warning signs or support sought for him and the autism diagnosis posed a barrier.
I agree, and I also think that being "foreign" doesn't help as some peculiarities are put down to having parents who don't speak fluent English or cultural/religious differences when it's actually part of them being neurodivergent. (And possibly their parents being neurodivergent too) I hope there is an enquiry into this. Would there be a serious case review on a 17 year old?

I agree, and I also think that being "foreign" doesn't help as some peculiarities are put down to having parents who don't speak fluent English or cultural/religious differences when it's actually part of them being neurodivergent. (And possibly their parents being neurodivergent too) I hope there is an enquiry into this. Would there be a serious case review on a 17 year old?
Yes, we've had this argument a few times at work. I work within a special needs team for my local authority and tackling systematic racism blocking support is a big battle ground of ours.

I don't think there would be a serious case review, but if the parents did do everything they should and faced doors slammed in their faces I hope they pursue it or if it became clear there were missed opportunities, an enquiry held.

I think by revealing his identity would have probably stopped the Southport Mosque being attacked. Fake news gave an Islamic name and suggested he was an illegal migrant. I think this caused the Mosque attack.
I'm not sure about having his identity revealed directly after the killings would have prevented the mosque attack. It seems as there are far-right groups prepared to attack mosques and asylum seeker accomodations, and those groups/their leaders were just waited for something like the killing of those girls, by someone whom they could accuse to be an asylum seeker, to get their followers to go into riot mode.

Sometimes a rational, psychiatric explanation will just not come no matter how hard and long the 'experts' look into it. There are some mysteries which remain elusive.

Not to delve too much into the supernatural here, but I recall what my dear departed Irish mother might have said about an atrocity like this, "He's got the devil in him." Makes as much sense as any other reason.

It's just so incredibly sad...

A significant portion of X still don't believe he isn't a Muslim or that he's only 17 and that's even with knowing his name.

This is exactly why it wouldn't have made any difference if they'd announced who it was straight away. The racists don't believe the information if it doesn't fit the narrative they are trying to push.
Mosques still would have been attacked.

I can't help think about my own autistic child and all the autistic children I work with at work, I get both a personal experience and professional career in the field. We are experiencing an awful lot of issues that when children are given an autism diagnosis it almost closes all the doors to support. Everything becomes "It is because they are autistic" and therefore don't need camhs/mental health support etc. Being autistic doesn't make someone a killer, not in the slightest but I can't help but wonder if there were serious warning signs or support sought for him and the autism diagnosis posed a barrier.

MOO but some families, in particular certain communities, will not seek out autism diagnosis or may shun it / fight against it / try to fix it. My guess is he was diagnosed late, and did not have the right kind of support around him /did not feel good about his diagnosis. Which has led to him feeling out of place in society.
Although of course, his autism could easily have had nothing to do with why he committed this atrocity.

People’s outrage should be regardless of age, colour or religion of perpetrator. Innocent little girls - what a gutless coward
There is a huge difference between being outraged towards the perpetrator of a crime (which is what people should be), and for someones to spread hate and anger towards groups of innocent people who have had nothing to do with neither the crime, nor the perpetrator. Those who spread the lies
about the false identity of the perpetrator didn't care a bit about those children killed and injured, their agenda was to cause chaos.

I'm really interested in school's opinion/evaluation of the perp as a pupil.

- What was his behaviour in school?
- Were there any incidents with knives before?
- Did he leave school at 16?
- Or was he still a student?
- Was he under care of school counsellor/psychologist?
- Was he bullied at school?

- Or was he home schooled later on?

As BBC reported
(in my link up thread)
he was denying leaving home.
- Was he spending time glued to computer/phone with Internet access?
- What was his Internet searching?
- Was he influenced by his searches?

JMO

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

By the end of the day of the murders, police had announced to the public that the suspect was born in Cardiff, and attempted to get on top of all the lies being told by a certain segment of social media (he was not a refugee, nor a migrant who came on a boat, not on a special watch list, etc, etc, etc). They said from nearly the very beginning they did not believe it was a terrorist attack.

What is allegedly being kept secret? It's fairly standard for law enforcement to ask for random speculation to stop since it can be detrimental to ongoing investigations. They've done the exact same thing in several high profile cases, like Nicola Bulley.

All of these riots have nothing to do with this tragic situation. It's an excuse for people to exercise their racist and xenophobic views, because the suspect is a brown guy. Even though he was born in Cardiff, he is "other".

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps because it is an ongoing investigation; what if information released results in subjudice in a court case? They must also tread carefully whenever a minor is involved.

I'd like to see the case go forward to court without all these distractions that have absolutely nothing to do with the case.

MOO
So do all cases not go into subjudice at some point? What determines which do or don't? (American here, where AFAIK, we don't have that... unless it's similar to what we'd call a gag order.)

So do all cases not go into subjudice at some point? What determines which do or don't? (American here, where AFAIK, we don't have that... unless it's similar to what we'd call a gag order.)

The rule applies from the moment a charge has been made in a criminal case or a claim has been issued in a civil proceeding until the matter is resolved or the trial concluded. The doctrine is particularly stringent with regards to media coverage; there are strict limitations on what journalists can report about a case in progress, as biased reporting could sway the opinions of potential jurors and threaten the impartiality of the trial process.

From

A significant portion of X still don't believe he isn't a Muslim or that he's only 17 and that's even with knowing his name.
That is so frustrating.

The criminal's background is Rwandan- a country with a very significant Christian majority. There does not appear to be any evidence that the attack was religiously motivated and perpetrated by a convert.

As a result, statistics dictate that the perpetrator is very likely..... Christian.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo
Back