MA MA - Newburyport, WhtMale 11-17, UP11797, severely impacted molar, clothes, Nov'92

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here is Angelo Puglisi's thread:

I'd like to re/introduce some possibilities for this doe, hoping to bump his case.

Taj Narbonne NamUS MP6443
- 9 y/o
- Disappeared from Leominster, MA on 3/31/1981
- He had an argument with his stepfather and reportedly left a note stating he did not want to live with his family anymore.
JMO, but I find Taj to be an unlikely match due to his age, height, and the 32 waistband; he does come up though with a quick NamUS search, so I decided to include him. My family is from Leominster and if Reebok sneakers were introduced around 1980, the area would be unlikely to have been one of the first to carry them in stores, but maybe it was different in 1981.

James W. Rogers NamUs MP40916
- 14 y/o
- Disappeared from Hanson, MA on 10/18/1981
- Said he was going to hitchhike to a friend's house, but police believe he did not catch a ride
- Initially believed to be a runaway (unsure about police's reasoning), but foul play is now a possibility.
- His case was closed in 2004 but recently reopened (I could not find info on why).
The inseam of the pants found with John Doe had a 30 in inseam, which would be long on James as he was only 5'2"-5'3" if he died close to the time of his disappearance.

Benjamin Shane Ridley NamUS MP40492
- 15 y/o
- Disappeared from Burien, WA on 7/2/1982
- Ran away from a foster home he had recently (1-2 days) been placed in.
- Reported missing in 2017 by his siblings.
I think information on if he returned to his home in 1982 and ran away again is needed, but given that this doe is expected to be a runaway, I wanted to include Benjamin.

Duane Edward Fochtman NamUS MP6072
- 15 y/o
- Disappeared from Lincoln City, OR on 7/22/1986
- Believed by police to be a runaway
- Family has stated he did not pick up his last paycheck and was possibly seen getting into a red corvette on Highway 101
- According to family, he disappeared after attending a party with his step?sister and some family believe he was killed at the party or by another attendee of the party.
I can't find any information on why Duane would run away, but if he did, I find him to be more likely to make it as far as MA than Benjamin Ridley. He is on the higher end of the age estimation, but it doesn't hurt.

Hoping for a resolution for all of these families and for finding the name of this doe.

Wow, lots of similarities especially around the eyes. And then this from the Charley page

“Caucasian male. Dark blond hair, blue eyes. Walter's teeth are crooked and have numerous gaps between them; he was in need of dental care at the time of his disappearance. He has a small scar above his lip and a scar across the top of his right foot. Walter is right-handed. At time that he vanished, his hair was styled long in the back and short on the sides.”

Wow, lots of similarities especially around the eyes. And then this from the Charley page

“Caucasian male. Dark blond hair, blue eyes. Walter's teeth are crooked and have numerous gaps between them; he was in need of dental care at the time of his disappearance. He has a small scar above his lip and a scar across the top of his right foot. Walter is right-handed. At time that he vanished, his hair was styled long in the back and short on the sides.”

two thoughts here that I've been milling over:

Walter Thomas Ackerson - the three men confessed to beating and throwing him over the ledge when they were teens. Could these be false or coerced confessions? Possibly, probably not? However, one did say they weren't sure he was dead when they threw him over. Could he possibly have survived and took off, hitchhiking across the country? People have survived similar attacks. Again, probably not but this would explain why he was never identified, if he was thought to be dead all the way across the country.

Newburyport - I'm from the area. I've been really scratching my head as to why someone would choose this particular area to dump a body - just seems so bizarre to me. Newburyport is a very upper middle class suburb of Boston, and it's also one of the more populous towns in that area, making the Newburyport exits pretty busy at any time of day / night, with a strong sense of community safety. It was the same in the 90's. It just seems like the last place you'd do soemthing you didn't want witnesses to. There are stretches of the highway that are much more remote, and if you've made it to Newburyport, you're almost into New Hampshire where you could easily find more remote dumping sites. Even if remoteness is not a high priority, there are certainly more run down, less watched by police areas close by. Does this point to someone who doesn't know the area? Or does it point to someone who does know the area and feels comfortable there because of that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14
Back