MA MA - Newburyport, WhtMale 11-17, UP11797, severely impacted molar, clothes, Nov'92

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What about James Hendrickson?

James A. Hendrickson – The Charley Project
He matches age, height and features are similar to the recon. The only think is distance but it isnt too far if you think that James may have initially run away only to end up as UID.

I agree. Distance is tough. Also his nose doesn't seem as "pronounced" as the reconstruction. But I always wondered if this UID was a little chubby, given the sizing.

Last I checked, the ruleouts were Joseph Helt, Christopher Kerze, Mark Seelman and Kenneth Allan Dailey. I was also told Mark Hammond. Matthew Ferris looks so similar but the only thing that gives me pause is the age, him being 20 years old and multiple factors pointing to the UID being around 11-14 (12yr molar & unfused bone shafts). I don't know whether you can have unfused bone shafts and be 20, anatomy has never been my subject LOL

I suppose there are variables but a quick online search says this:

"Near the end of puberty, hormonal changes cause the growth plates to harden or “close” and the lengthening of bones to stop ( 9 ). Growth plates close around age 16 in women and somewhere between ages 14 and 19 in men ( 10 )"

All things considered he sounds like he was likely on the younger side.

Looking at it again, his father was in Michigan. If he was trying to make it to his father and actually reached Michigan it would make the the distance less of a stretch. I agree about the nose not appearing as long but he does have the same strong jaw line.

I have emailed Namus with the details of James A Hendrickson for both the UID and the missing page for James wondering if they had been compared.

Kenneth Reed
03/24/1989
New London, CT
Lindsey Baker, Jr
06/01/1989
Alexander, NC
Kenneth Daily
03/02/1985
King, WA
Joseph Helt
01/16/1987
Ulster, NY

Also-- Mark Seelman (06/07/1990, Rome NY) and Michael Brian Hammond (11/24/1991, Richmond, BC) have been ruled out, though I'm not sure why that was not included on NAMUS. Mark Seelman was confirmed to be a rule-out by police (shown earlier in this thread) and Michael Hammond was confirmed to be a rule out through dental records, confirmed to me by the Doe Network case handler. Again, I don't know why these aren't listed on NAMUS but both boys seemed like great matches to the UID so I wanted to keep everything from getting confusing. But I'm so happy to see renewed interest in this Doe!

I scrolled through the thread and didn't see this juvenile mentioned.

He was a runaway found in Missouri -
Date of Discovery: September 21, 1990
Location of Discovery: Maryland Heights, Saint Louis County, Missouri
Estimated Date of Death: N/A - Living

Part of the info says: "Johnny" was not forthcoming with information and indicated that he had been on his own for a long time and "worked" the truck stops.

The lack of dental care and being found by I95 certainly fits that scenario.

111UMMO

View attachment 222425
I'm revisiting this whole thread from the start to see if I can find anything that might have been missed and WOW, upon second thought Johnny Lee Mills looks like a really good match in my eyes, just speaking off of comparisons to the reconstruction, along with the new age progression of Johnny. I don't know if anybody else sees this, or if it's just wishful thinking but it was chilling!

Johnny Lee Mills looks like a really good match in my eyes, just speaking off of comparisons to the reconstruction

I agree, (alias) Johnny Lee Mills does look like a good possible match. But it sounds like they don't have any way to know who he actually was. His case is so incredibly sad. :(

I started looking over folks who went missing in 1984 to give a cushion for runaways who met with sad ends a few years down the line, and allowing for the estimated death date to be slightly off...

here are a few possibilities:

clifton_patrick_leonard_1.jpg

Clifton Patrick Leonard – The Charley Project
16, so at the higher end of the Doe estimation, suffered from schizophrenia

michael_fischer_1.jpg

Michael Fischer – The Charley Project
technically too old by either estimation, but went missing from CT and looks much younger, still this one is a big stretch

christopher_james_harvey_1.jpg

Christopher James Harvey – The Charley Project
Charley project seems to imply he died on a hike at age 14 in 1984. if he ran away instead and perished a bit earlier than estimated, could be him.

louis_anthony_mackerley_1.jpg

Louis Anthony Mackerley – The Charley Project
classified as a non-family abduction, had previously been approached by a couple, potential assaulted by them.

sean_wayne_evans_1.jpg

Sean Wayne Evans – The Charley Project
disappeared from outside his family home when mom ran in to take a call. there was a rive by the house but no body was ever found.

I started looking over folks who went missing in 1984 to give a cushion for runaways who met with sad ends a few years down the line, and allowing for the estimated death date to be slightly off...

here are a few possibilities:

clifton_patrick_leonard_1.jpg

Clifton Patrick Leonard – The Charley Project
16, so at the higher end of the Doe estimation, suffered from schizophrenia

michael_fischer_1.jpg

Michael Fischer – The Charley Project
technically too old by either estimation, but went missing from CT and looks much younger, still this one is a big stretch

christopher_james_harvey_1.jpg

Christopher James Harvey – The Charley Project
Charley project seems to imply he died on a hike at age 14 in 1984. if he ran away instead and perished a bit earlier than estimated, could be him.

louis_anthony_mackerley_1.jpg

Louis Anthony Mackerley – The Charley Project
classified as a non-family abduction, had previously been approached by a couple, potential assaulted by them.

sean_wayne_evans_1.jpg

Sean Wayne Evans – The Charley Project
disappeared from outside his family home when mom ran in to take a call. there was a rive by the house but no body was ever found.
I live not too far also, it's such a terrible thing! I had looked at Sean Wayne and Louis Anthony, I just don't know what the likelihood would be. I'm glad someone else is looking at this too, I feel like I'm the only one sometimes!

Last I checked, the ruleouts were Joseph Helt, Christopher Kerze, Mark Seelman and Kenneth Allan Dailey. I was also told Mark Hammond. Matthew Ferris looks so similar but the only thing that gives me pause is the age, him being 20 years old and multiple factors pointing to the UID being around 11-14 (12yr molar & unfused bone shafts). I don't know whether you can have unfused bone shafts and be 20, anatomy has never been my subject LOL

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

These are the current exclusions. I wonder why the discrepancy in names?
MP1666 Lindsey Baker, Jr 06/01/1989 Alexander NC
MP14274 Kenneth Daily 03/02/1985 King WA
MP7041 Joseph Helt 01/16/1987 Ulster NY
MP3383 Kenneth Reed 03/24/1989 New London CT

Mark Hammond has also been ruled out, I don't know why that isn't showing? Maybe because he was from Canada?

Still the same four exclusions, plus Mark Hammond from Canada and Michael Seelman from Rome NY. Not sure why Seelman isn't listed in Namus.

Last edited:
Interesting about the shallow grave mentioned in the article. One of the suspects in Angelo's case said he buried a boy and lived about 10 miles away. it doesnt seem like the timeline adds up unless he was kept for a bit.

The_Boston_Globe_1992_12_01_page_29.jpgThe_Boston_Globe_1992_11_30_page_51.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234
Back